Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 2023.32.4 on Saturday; apparently a bugfix / minor improvement release. Cameras seem clearer to me.
Also the touchscreen stopped responding to touch on the way to work this morning (Nav display, speed etc still worked though along with steering wheel controls). Ok after a reboot. Hopefully just a coincidence.
funny you mention that... I had screen rebooting while driving... first time for me.... but car kept driving on FSD... only music stopped and came back.

funny you mention that... I had screen rebooting while driving... first time for me.... but car kept driving on FSD... only music stopped and came back.
Interesting. Evidently a few gremlins around still.

I've also found a change in cruise control set speed behaviour.
I used to have it set to engage with current speed, but with a value still in the offset field (that can only be changed with 'engage at speed limit' selected. This meant that I could engage cruise at my current speed, but a long press on the drive indicator / touch the speed limit on the display would change the speed to the speed limit + offset value. And it meant that on narrow roads you could use Autopilot at > speed limit to keep up with traffic.

Now, with 'engage at current speed' selected, the offset value reverts to 0. Which wouldn't be so bad but the long press or touch display now only goes to the speed limit and on narrower roads you can't then set the speed higher to keep up with traffic.
So for now I have speed limit + 10 again and just have to scroll it down or touch current speed afterwards.

It might have been an unintended feature but I kinda liked the flexibility I had before.

Reactions: Audietron
Interesting. Evidently a few gremlins around still.

I've also found a change in cruise control set speed behaviour.
I used to have it set to engage with current speed, but with a value still in the offset field (that can only be changed with 'engage at speed limit' selected. This meant that I could engage cruise at my current speed, but a long press on the drive indicator / touch the speed limit on the display would change the speed to the speed limit + offset value. And it meant that on narrow roads you could use Autopilot at > speed limit to keep up with traffic.

Now, with 'engage at current speed' selected, the offset value reverts to 0. Which wouldn't be so bad but the long press or touch display now only goes to the speed limit and on narrower roads you can't then set the speed higher to keep up with traffic.
So for now I have speed limit + 10 again and just have to scroll it down or touch current speed afterwards.

It might have been an unintended feature but I kinda liked the flexibility I had before.
well... they mentioned when I was picking up my Model Y last week that recently hired team for FSD improvements is actively contributing to improve the FSD... that combined with potential new FSD improvements roll out, should bring many changes over rest of the years if not longer, I guess.

It's like Deja-vu.... September 2021 I had my model 3 stopping in middle of motorway from 100 speed to almost sudden stop.... now I almost let car drive for 90% of times... so few more hiccups and we might get accuracy by 2024 like USA had in 2022.

Reactions: Steve_Chch
I removed all the Phone Home to Tesla options in the privacy list.
Does this mean I am cast into darkness regarding updates?
privacy and update are two different thing.
Privacy is about data collection... which is making you a product.... updates are product support provided by Tesla, which keeps Tesla as a product you rightfully purchased.

however, in order to have traffic updated, it will ask you to allow to share some information...

I am also privacy paranoid... so all I do is no sentry near home location and cover over cabin camera... not more you can do with the cameras on wheel with driving capability - sad, but true. it's again catch-22, you can report issues by clicking right scroll and saying ""report issue""... but if you don't share anonymised data or report issues, and many people do that - FSD will never improve for NZ roads.

it's about data size, enough sampling will help AI to understand issues and driving habits... like recently Elon Musk pointed when latest FSD 12 was called way too human and trying to drive thru yellow lights... his words were in line to "We are lacking enough sampling of good drivers stopping when lights are turning yellow"

Last edited:
1696535680171.jpeg