Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar 10-year loan, 10% down, 0.99 APR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Advisor say no, I'm still within my 3 business day cool-down cancel period, but worry about rocking the boat. My order process despite some hick-ups have been smoother than some of the horror story here and wonder about pushing my luck

Advisor say no, I'm still within my 3 business day cool-down cancel period, but worry about rocking the boat. My order process despite some hick-ups have been smoother than some of the horror story here and wonder about pushing my luck

I totally understand "not wanting to rock the boat", but if you are in a legal 3 day cool down period and could cancel, and this would save you enough money to care (which is likely), if it were me, I would let them know you intend to do that unless they can help you get the new rates.

A lot of times, a company will "slow play" you in this type of situation, because 3 days is a very short amount of time and they could reasonably explain that they just didnt have time to respond to X or Y, "sorry".

You would have to know that you qualify for that rate, and be willing to cancel the loan and start over. If its worth it to you, you should pursue it, by reminding them you are in your 3 day cancelation window (if this exists).

I support the previous response. It's substantial money to give up. Try escalating above your advisor. I had a tax rebate matching issue that I escalated and the advisor's manager agreed to it. Ultimately it was not required as the government extended the rebate another year. But ththe point is, you can push back and escalate.

So this new term is directly from Tesla Finance and the old high rates terms are from Mosaic. I found about this only because for some reason my PA assigned me a "hybrid" term with 0 down 10yr 0.99% and I of course signed and got approved last week. Got a call back yesterday saying in order to get 0.99%(which is Tesla finance direct) I have to put down 10%...

If you signed the contract already with $0 down as part of the terms, can they just renege on it?

Is there a link to the calculator that estimates your monthly payment with this loan? I'm looking to add a Powerwall / Solar system at my new house in Palm Springs CA and would like to run some numbers thru.

Tesla is very transparent in its pricing. The Tesla website tells you exactly what your monthly payments will be.

You only need to provide the 10% down to get the rate and do not have to provide the value of tax credits before month 18. The pricing is shown with you energy credits being sold up front to Tesla so not doing that would have a higher payment but still at .9%

There's no up front payment. Their monthly payment is just the order total according to interest payments. You get to keep the tax credits whenever you file for it.

The point here is the take advantage of leveraged money at a fixed 0.99% , in a high risk inflationary time period. The bank (tesla) is getting eaten alive on this 10 year-fixed-rate loan. One would be beyond insane to pay any more than the bare minimum towards the down payment, or actively work to pay extra on the principal. o_O

I received the credit approved green check mark and have received permit approval - though I am still going through a small panel re-design. The PA mentioned that since we already have permits for the install, then can simply install as I want, and then re-permit prior to PTO (eek).