Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar Price Increases 11%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been tracking Tesla solar prices over the past few months. As recently as yesterday, it was $932 per panel and is now $1,044 per panel today. Put another way, it is now $2.61 per watt vs $2.33 per watt, an 11% increase. Additionally, Powerwall prices have remained the same and have not decreased despite lithium costs dropping sharply.

This is certainly disappointing as prices should be decreasing and not increasing at this point. Perhaps Tesla is increasing margins to make this business appear more viable to investors.

I am in South Carolina for reference.

This is certainly disappointing as prices should be decreasing and not increasing at this point. Perhaps Tesla is increasing margins to make this business appear more viable to investors.

I am in South Carolina for reference.
I've been helping a friend get solar on his house. He doesn't want Tesla and is using a different solar company. 3 of the 5 companies that gave him quotes are increased from 6 months ago. Claiming labor. So yes, while I would agree that the product gets less expensive over time, labor cost is pushing it back up in some areas. So it is not just Tesla.

Reactions: jhn_
My second system installed last year was ordered before the FTC credit went from 26 to 30%. It was 1.99 / watt before the credit. They increased the price after the credit increased so I basically got the benfit of their lower price with the higher credit or a $1.39 / watt out the door.

Reactions: charlesj