Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Spying using Cameras - privacy violations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla employees reportedly shared videos captured by cameras on customers' cars​

They even shared a clip of a child being hit by a car, according to Reuters.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2 and AS9.9.
does anyone know if audio is also stored?

This could turn out to be a huge issue for tesla !

What access to this video/audio does the Chinese government have ?

does anyone know if audio is also stored?

This could turn out to be a huge issue for tesla !

What access to this video/audio does the Chinese government have ?
China prohibits Tesla in its military locations.

That doesn't stop Tesla to record a General with the pants down in his civilian home. Blackmailing Chinese could be automated thanks to Tesla powerful AI system.

There's a microphone in a Tesla and Musk said 2 years ago that it could listen to emergency sirens. There's no technical reason that it can't record the sound of moaning either. Sounds are just sounds.

I guess Big Brother is always watching...

Shame there aren't procedures/protocols in place for this to be avoided from the get go. Clearly there are bad eggs in every company at every level of power. It only seems logical to make sure a group of employees can't just screw around with audio and video from a customers car with multiple cameras, not to mention when they didn't consent and their car is parked in their garage... Not happy that a frat-like group is potentially poking around with audio and video of me or my family for shits-and-giggles.

You can use Controls > Software > Data Sharing > Allow Cabin Camera Analytics to prevent any video from the cabin camera from getting sent to Tesla. I don’t believe audio is currently recorded.
If you have FSD beta enabled, you cannot turn off data sharing. It is a condition of access to the early release beta software. If you disable FSD beta, you can disable data sharing, but when you re-enable FSD beta, data sharing will turn back on.

If you have FSD beta enabled, you cannot turn off data sharing. It is a condition of access to the early release beta software. If you disable FSD beta, you can disable data sharing, but when you re-enable FSD beta, data sharing will turn back on.

Did they change the wording in the share agreement? It seems like they state now that no identifiable data (VIN, etc.) will be sent and before it seemed they did. Maybe I am remembering it all wrong.

Tesla employees reportedly shared videos captured by cameras on customers' cars​

They even shared a clip of a child being hit by a car, according to Reuters.

Honestly - if this was true, we would see footage on Facebook, insta, YouTube and TikTok way before some Tesla bashing Yahoo reporter got his / her head around such article.

I say - clear cut case of click byte Tesla hater piece

Didn't the same thing happen at Apple a few years ago with audio Siri clips? They were sharing "interesting" audio clips internally. Too lazy to look it up.

I assume "they" are always watching and listening, no matter what settings on data sharing/access we supposedly allow.

.... because ... some say Musk and Apple are in bed with the government ;)