Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Columbus, OH - Service Center

dublin-oks-conditional-use-request-for-tesla-motors-facility.html

Dublin could soon host the state's first Tesla Motors facility.The Dublin Planning and Zoning Commission last week unanimously approved a conditional use to locate a two-car electric vehicle service and repair facility at 4140 Tuller Road.
The 2,871-square-foot facility is in the Bridge Street corridor office residential district and allows vehicle service and repair because it was allowed in previous community commercial zoning at the site.
Tesla Motors is a California-based designer and manufacturer of electric vehicles.
According to its website, the company also makes electric vehicle "components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler."
The company currently makes three different electric vehicle models, a roadster, a sport utility vehicle and a sedan.
More than 2,400 Roadsters have been sold worldwide and deliveries of the sedan began this fall. Deliveries of the SUV are expected in 2014.
Matt Farrell, North American Service Manager for the company, said the service location should be open by spring 2013.
"It's should be no later than March 2013," he said. "Hopefully sooner."
A Dublin service location would be the first Tesla facility in the state and Farrell said it provides a good central Ohio base.
"We were looking for some place up and coming between Chicago and New York," he said. "Columbus and Dublin are very up and coming. It made sense."
The company currently has 31 locations worldwide, with more expected. Currently the closest service centers are located in Chicago, the Washington D.C. area and Toronto, Canada.
The service station will be the smallest for Tesla, the application said, but is needed because "... Tesla is selling cars in the Columbus, Ohio area and we need to be able to service our vehicles."
Work such as ventilation and oil storage for service facilities that work on combustion-engine vehicles will not be necessary for the Tesla facility.

I'd like to announce the unofficial grand opening party for the Woodland Hills Topanga Plaza store. SoCalGreenSpeed is having a gathering at the new Topanga Plaza store on Friday, November 16th from 6-8pm. We are then having dinner at Kate Mantilini's after. All SoCal Tesla owners (and fans) are welcome to join us in christening the new store and wishing Michael Sagaria (the store manager) great success.

I'd like to announce the unofficial grand opening party for the Woodland Hills Topanga Plaza store.....

This will be our first big get together with Model S' in attendance. Should be fun!

Here is was a few days ago. (terrible cell phone pics)

IMG_2538[1].JPG
IMG_2541[1].JPG
IMG_2542[2].JPG

The tables match Tesla's color scheme quite well.

Good grief. Tesla is technically abiding by the law here. The selectmen did nothing wrong. In fact, they'd have done wrong if they did NOT grant the license.
If you're worried about franchise issues, then amend the law to say it's OK to direct-sell if there's no franchise capabilities. Focus on the issue at hand. *shrug*

My belief is that MSADA is suing the individual selectmen to instill fear into regulators elsewhere. At the meeting in Natick where the Class 1 license was approved, I remember clearly one of the selectmen asking if their action opened them up for legal action; their (very competent) legal counsel told them "no." Now replay that moment, in a different town two years from now: the town's counsel will have to say, "yes, but the suit was eventually dismissed." That answer will have a chilling effect on the willingness of individual selectmen to vote against MSADA (or other states' auto dealers).

In short, MSADA is abusing the legal system.

My belief is that MSADA is suing the individual selectmen to instill fear into regulators elsewhere. At the meeting in Natick where the Class 1 license was approved, I remember clearly one of the selectmen asking if their action opened them up for legal action; their (very competent) legal counsel told them "no." Now replay that moment, in a different town two years from now: the town's counsel will have to say, "yes, but the suit was eventually dismissed." That answer will have a chilling effect on the willingness of individual selectmen to vote against MSADA (or other states' auto dealers).

In short, MSADA is abusing the legal system.

Hrm, I remember hearing someone saying yes, someone might try, but there'll be no grounds. But yeah -- without someone of the ilk of Natick's chairman, that would have sealed the fate. People were starting to get nervous before he reigned it in.

Does anybody have info on the new DC store that's opening in Tyson's Corner? Estimated opening date? Will this replace the downtown store on K St?

I was at the K street store a few weeks ago and they said they were hiring additional staff for the Tyson's Corner store, so not a replacement at least from their perspective. I don't think Tesla is looking to pull back on any stores. I also think they gave a timeframe and it was imminent, but I honestly don't remember.

Anyone excited about, or have any more info on the new King of Prussia location opening soon? Someone on Twitter posted this image:

Twitter / JasonOGrady: Tesla retail store opening ...

Also, the official King of Prussia Twitter account (@KoP_Mall) tweeted 6 hours ago:

@TeslaMotors is opening soon @KOP_Mall! Check them out this Spring, lower level near Apple. King of Prussia Mall: Coming Soon - Tesla Motors! #tesla #newstores

This means it should be opening really soon, right? Maybe a week or two away?