Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting spot, half way between Stuttgart and Munich. Not what I would have perceived as the most pressing location - but I guess it's useful when driving Munich-Stuttgart round trip in a day... A8 is not as high volume as A3 or A5 - so Frankfurt near the Frankfurter Kreuz would have made more sense... but I'm sure that's high up on their list

Interesting spot, half way between Stuttgart and Munich. Not what I would have perceived as the most pressing location - but I guess it's useful when driving Munich-Stuttgart round trip in a day... A8 is not as high volume as A3 or A5 - so Frankfurt near the Frankfurter Kreuz would have made more sense... but I'm sure that's high up on their list

It makes perfect sense if Telsa wants to get Daimler and BMW's attention though...

(And yes, I'm aware of Daimler's investment in Tesla)...

That is a great picture. Too bad Tesla does not put a version of that up on the web. Oh well, I guess that they consider it "too proprietary."

A few observations:
  • Glenwood Springs, CO is the least used Supercharger.
  • Nice weekly pattern in the daily usage.
  • Love the coming soon dots. There are two in North Carolina; looks like the I-95 and I-85 cooradors are being filled in.
  • There are 32 Supercharges listed on the left of this picture and only 30 on the Tesla Supercharger Web Page.
  • At the national average price of electricity, they have delivered about $152k of electricity or the approximate cost of installing one Supercharger.

the palo alto one is one of the ones not on the website. Employees only? I didn't see any sign of it at the store/service center. Hq maybe?

Also note that the list has a scroll bar and it looks like cut off text of the top of the next line.

The increase over time at the bottom is cool

robert, the lack of a coming soon dot wouldn't worry me. There is no coming soon dot on vacaville, but there is a ton of evidence it will be coming really soon.

That is a great picture. Too bad Tesla does not put a version of that up on the web. Oh well, I guess that they consider it "too proprietary."

A few observations:
  • Glenwood Springs, CO is the least used Supercharger.
  • Nice weekly pattern in the daily usage.
  • Love the coming soon dots. There are two in North Carolina; looks like the I-95 and I-85 cooradors are being filled in.
  • There are 32 Supercharges listed on the left of this picture and only 30 on the Tesla Supercharger Web Page.
  • At the national average price of electricity, they have delivered about $152k of electricity or the approximate cost of installing one Supercharger.

Very cool, indeed. The two dots in North Carolina are strangely placed but one is obviously Burlington and I suspect the other is Rocky Mount. Now we just need some SCs in SC (a confusing abbreviation for those of us who are close to the state) and GA and we'll be a quarter of the way towards making the East Coast look like California!

the palo alto one is one of the ones not on the website. Employees only? I didn't see any sign of it at the store/service center. Hq maybe?

HQ has what looks like a single supercharger in the back parking lot. However it only charged my car at 40A/240V when I plugged in during the Tesla event I was attending.
I'm not sure if it is a real supercharger or if another one was hidden somewhere else.

HQ has what looks like a single supercharger in the back parking lot. However it only charged my car at 40A/240V when I plugged in during the Tesla event I was attending.
I'm not sure if it is a real supercharger or if another one was hidden somewhere else.

I'd say not real. The two superchargers I've used have continually adjusted both current and voltage over a very wide range.

Awesome HQ Supercharger photo. If you look along the bottom, you see a definite pattern of much higher weekend usage than weekday usage. You also see quite a ramp up of usage through the year. Anyone know what the top left chart is supposed to represent?

If it said 240v then I'm sure it was just AC and not a SC unless your cars battery was REALLY REALLY low.

Awesome HQ Supercharger photo. If you look along the bottom, you see a definite pattern of much higher weekend usage than weekday usage. You also see quite a ramp up of usage through the year. Anyone know what the top left chart is supposed to represent?

Appears to be number of charges on y axis . Amount of kWhs on x axis. A distribution of how much energy each charge is consuming. They might be targeting a certain value to help space out the SC stations. Potentially could infer how long the charging sessions are and how far one has driven prior to charging as well. Additionally maybe help to forecast electricity demand and costs at future stations. Who knows?

Edit: Combining the two left charts can also give you more information like the average number of charges per station. I wonder if they are directly measuring that? Maybe not.

Last edited:
would be nice they put superchargers near the servicecenter, if superchargers on the highway get too crowded!

Actually, they are looking at putting a supercharger in the service center in Milford! They said they have a ton of power coming in to the dealership!

Will be swinging by there today to take some pictures....

Aaron

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's great news Aaron. Thanks for sharing. But confirmed by whom?

Benz

Someone who works at the White Plains, NY store that will now be the Manager of the Milford, CT Store/Service Center!
I will be in Milford, CT today and will tale pictures. He had shown me some and the signs are already up...

Aaron

image.jpg

Sorry so dark but this is the Richmond /Glen Allen Supercharger this morning at 6am

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Tesla decided to focus on getting the chargers installed first before the solar awnings. Solar awnings add extra permitting time, so they will retrofit where possible in the future.

Solar awnings also add cost for foundations, posts, roofs, PV panels, inverters, additional wiring, etc.
My understanding is the solar panels will be installed as part of Phase 2, and the charging stations goal would be to be Grid Neutral.
I know of two locations in California that have the Solar Panels (verified through photographs).

Past that, Phase 3, would implement battery back-up, and each station would be grid independent.
Still several years down the road...

Solar awnings also add cost for foundations, posts, roofs, PV panels, inverters, additional wiring, etc.
My understanding is the solar panels will be installed as part of Phase 2, and the charging stations goal would be to be Grid Neutral.
I know of two locations in California that have the Solar Panels (verified through photographs).

Past that, Phase 3, would implement battery back-up, and each station would be grid independent.
Still several years down the road...

Tejon Ranch already has solar panels and grid storage batteries.

Guys -

Not really supercharger related, but promised I'd take pictures of the new Milford, CT Sales & Service Center - and here they are! HUGe place and about a mile from the Milford, CT Supercharger. Rumor is they may put a supercharger in site too!

Aaron

IMG_1530.jpg
IMG_1531.jpg
IMG_1532.jpg
IMG_1533.jpg
IMG_1534.jpg
IMG_1535.jpg