Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very cool, indeed. The two dots in North Carolina are strangely placed but one is obviously Burlington and I suspect the other is Rocky Mount. Now we just need some SCs in SC (a confusing abbreviation for those of us who are close to the state) and GA and we'll be a quarter of the way towards making the East Coast look like California!

Well, if they decide to put a Service Center in that ha Superchargers there too, you could get a SC at the SC in SC.

:cool:

Last edited:
Solar awnings also add cost for foundations, posts, roofs, PV panels, inverters, additional wiring, etc.
My understanding is the solar panels will be installed as part of Phase 2, and the charging stations goal would be to be Grid Neutral.
I know of two locations in California that have the Solar Panels (verified through photographs).

Past that, Phase 3, would implement battery back-up, and each station would be grid independent.
Still several years down the road...

Didn't think about that, but makes sense, I was just thinking you're already there why not get it all done at once.. retrofit is always more expensive lol.

Why has the Silverthorne, CO Supercharger data been removed from the official list of the names + data of all the Supercharger stations (located under the US Supercharger map)?

Silverthorne disappeared from the map, but is still in the text list. The map has been drifting further and further from reality... I charged at Silverthorne yesterday and saw two other S's charging there as well. Everything is working fine! :biggrin:

Why has the Silverthorne, CO Supercharger data been removed from the official list of the names + data of all the Supercharger stations (located under the US Supercharger map)?

There seems to be a different list depending on the region you choose (on the bottom of the website). If you choose the US region, then the Silverthorne, CO Supercharger is mentioned in the list. And if you choose Nederland region, then the Silverthorne, CO Supercharger is NOT mentioned in the list.

Guys -

Not really supercharger related, but promised I'd take pictures of the new Milford, CT Sales & Service Center - and here they are! HUGe place and about a mile from the Milford, CT Supercharger. Rumor is they may put a supercharger in site too!

Aaron

Hopefully they put the SuperCharger outside so it's publically accessible. At Burlingame, CA they have a supercharger inside the service center, so no public use. That's probably why we don't see Burlingame on the dashboard photo.

There is some news guys.

Elon Musk is in Munich, Germany.

And he has said a few things about the Supercharger network in Europe:
- First 6 SuperCharger locations for Germany will be announced in a press release on Thursday;
- SuperChargers will have 135kW;
- Germany will have 30 to 40 Supercharger locations by the end of 2014.

What can I say? Wow.

There is some news guys.

Elon Musk is in Munich, Germany.

And he has said a few things about the Supercharger network in Europe:
- First 6 SuperCharger locations for Germany will be announced in a press release on Thursday;
- SuperChargers will have 135kW;
- Germany will have 30 to 40 Supercharger locations by the end of 2014.

What can I say? Wow.

What is your source Benz?

Ok, ok..... Hundreds and Hundreds of Kilowatts coming into the dealership....

Aaron

haha, wrong word corrected :)

Anywho, any idea what 135kw charging means? Chopped it down to 35-40 minutes?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, ok..... Hundreds and Hundreds of Kilowatts coming into the dealership....

Aaron

haha, wrong word corrected :)

Anywho, any idea what 135kw charging means? Chopped it down to 35-40 minutes?

superchargers are DC to DC transfer.. don't think the on-board chargers make a difference here. Elon also tweeted that the US will get the 135kw chargers.. I'm thinking bigger battery b/c the difference between 120 and 135 for a 85kw battery doesn't seem like a huge benefit in real life