Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Denver had two superchargers only for a week or so; the last I heard, the Lone Tree supercharger was scheduled to be decommissioned earlier this week.

But there are strong rumors that the Lone Tree site will return when they finish the remodel of the parking structure. Also, long term, Denver needs a Supercharger on the west side of town to "tank up" before the climb to Silverthorne. The Airport location works for those coming from the east, but is out of the way for those coming from the north or south on I-25 and then heading west.

BTW, has anyone confirmed that the Lone Tree site is off-line? It's still on the "Find Us" map, but we know how up to date that can be...

Good news!

I heard from a reliable source that Tesla is starting to out-source production of Supercharger Cabinets. This is a good indication that Supercharger install rate will continue at it's current pace of about 25 a month, or hopefully, increase. I have long hypothesized that Supercharger Cabinet production rate inside of Tesla was one of the limiting factors in Supercharger install rate.

Elon mentioned one Supercharger every 20 hours last summer; 30 days x 24 hr/day * 1 SC/20hr = 36 Supercharger Sites per month. Tesla actually got close to that in one perfect 20+ day period last summer, but maybe it was a prediction/goal for the team!

This month is looking good. We are 14 days into November and we have 5 North American, 6 European, and 5 Asian Supercharger turn-ons this month. Extrapolate that and it is a rate of 16*30/14 or heading towards 34 Supercharger turn-ons in November.

I hope it all continues, because those rates would mean 300 Superchargers world-wide by the end of 2014 and over 700 by the end of 2015!!! That is up from 64 at the end of 2013. Great progress and a great future.

With lots of good news related to the supercharger roll out pace one area where there has been little or no activity is installing solar.
Certainly doesn't appear to be a priority and I wonder why. Perhaps Tesla in is waiting for the gigafactory to bring down the cost of battery storage units to improve the overall cost efficiency of the stations?
Or maybe they want to focus on getting as many superchargers installed as possible. Do we know how many have solar now?

With lots of good news related to the supercharger roll out pace one area where there has been little or no activity is installing solar.
Certainly doesn't appear to be a priority and I wonder why. Perhaps Tesla in is waiting for the gigafactory to bring down the cost of battery storage units to improve the overall cost efficiency of the stations?
Or maybe they want to focus on getting as many superchargers installed as possible. Do we know how many have solar now?

They've said before that getting superchargers installed is priority for now. I only know of two that have solar at this point (Hawthorne and Tejon Ranch).

I just noticed that the total of Europe/Asia SCs just went over the NA superchargers 130 to 129.

Supercharger.Info still has a tie at 130 for NA and 130 for Europe/Asia. I think that Supercharger.Info counts one in Chicago that the Tesla Motors Supercharger Page does not.

November has been pretty good for openings. As of today, openings for the month are 5 North America, 11 Europe, and 7 Asia for a total of 23 openings world-side in 19 days.

There are several Superchargers about to open in North America, and of course, there is always Hope. :tongue:

Last edited:
Solar canopies must be tough to bring in unless the local business and city are fully onboard. It'd look out of place for a few spots in an otherwise unshaded parking lot to have a carport-like setup.

The other unfortunate part of this is that the canopy is likely going to make the sheltered spots more desirable as well. Unless the canopy is accompanied by clear, specific, and enforceable marking, they are more likely to be ICE'd. :redface:

Ladies and Gentlemen....the Sundsvall Supercharger in Sweden should now be operational. :D :D :D
tesla station.jpg

The last U.S. supercharger to open in the U.S. was on Nov. 11 (Dayton, OH). Since then, 9 superchargers have opened in Europe and 2 in China. I really hope the pace picks up in the U.S. or we may not even hit 140 superchargers in the U.S. by the end of 2014. I think everyone will agree that Tesla's goal of 200 (as indicated by their map) by end of 2014 is not going to happen.

The last U.S. supercharger to open in the U.S. was on Nov. 11 (Dayton, OH). Since then, 9 superchargers have opened in Europe and 2 in China. I really hope the pace picks up in the U.S. or we may not even hit 140 superchargers in the U.S. by the end of 2014. I think everyone will agree that Tesla's goal of 200 (as indicated by their map) by end of 2014 is not going to happen.

I get the feeling that getting Superchargers built in the U.S. is harder in than many other countries except for France where they are putting temporary Superchargers. Either zoning, neighbors, inspectors, or electricity providers - someone is gumming up the works. The staff then has to spend time sorting through those problems rather than working on the next Supercharger.

Or perhaps Tesla realizes that the future of the company is in Europe and Asia. Perhaps they have come to the conclusion that with all the push back by the auto dealers, they are limited with respect to how many showrooms, sales stores, etc. they can have in the U.S., which will ultimately limit their growth potential, and as a result they are concentrating on the non-US markets. There are now more non-US superchargers than there are US superchargers, and the gap is getting larger with each passing day.

There are several Superchargers about to open in North America, and of course, there is always Hope. :tongue:

Unfortunately not in Hope BC, where they're waiting for months now and can't put the finished supercharger in operation because BC Hydro doesn't bring in the transformer...

I understand only too well, and Hope that you don't mind my attempt at humor with yet another Hope pun. :eek:

I get the feeling that getting Superchargers built in the U.S. is harder in than many other countries except for France where they are putting temporary Superchargers. Either zoning, neighbors, inspectors, or electricity providers - someone is gumming up the works. The staff then has to spend time sorting through those problems rather than working on the next Supercharger.

Welcome to the Disunited States of America, the land of 52 laws, regulation by government and planning by the free market.