Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tesla": The word that will get you a better Mercedes lease.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I get that. That is why I said I was happy with my car.

Considering the car is different than showing up with the keys to a used Jetta, and saying look what I bought you. It was a bit of conversation between to parent and child. One where the child called it for older people. Doesn't mean the kid would be ungrateful.

Just like if I asked my kid if he wanted my old Ipod for free. It would be Ipod's Dad, really? Grandpa still has his why don't you give it to him.
The kids wants an iPod touch or an iPad over an iPod. The iPod will be forgotten... under the bed and never charged.

You obviously didn't read any of these threads, people just don't get it until they start driving a Tesla, you have no idea what your missing, seriously, you don't - Who Else Had ICE Ruined For Them?

Uh, yeah, you're the one that needs to do the thread reading there hero. He decided to buy a Tesla after doing a reasoned comparison and test drive.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
How would you compare the cabin noise of the C300 to the Model 3 on a Freeway at 70 MPH?

Thanks.
My C300 seems to be much quieter than my Model 3 on the freeway at 70 mph. It could be that the engine/exhaust noise masks the sounds that are now more noticeable in an electric car. But there’s no denying that a Mercedes is better insulated and has more sound deadening that a Model 3

Reactions: Brnn
I came from a newer Mercedes C class. Rented a 3 for a long weekend via turo. When I got back to my Mercedes it felt like a piece of sh%&. I couldn't explain it. The gas, the shifting, all the buttons etc etc. Bought a 3 the next week. Noise level on the highway is similar.

What I wasnt expecting is how much I drive my car now. I was a 8-10k per year driver. Now I'm at 6k miles in 3 months of owning the 3.

Don't miss the oil changes or gas stations one bit! Granted the Mercedes service center runs circles around what I've experienced at Tesla. Having service at Mercedes they'd give me a brand new loaner every time I got an oil change. Wash my car etc. Tesla gave me a dirty squeaky 2015 85D stuck on chill mode. Returned my car dirtier than I brought it in. This is at Portland OR center so ymmv.

Reactions: Brnn and TJ73
My C300 seems to be much quieter than my Model 3 on the freeway at 70 mph. It could be that the engine/exhaust noise masks the sounds that are now more noticeable in an electric car. But there’s no denying that a Mercedes is better insulated and has more sound deadening that a Model 3

This is a big concern for me. I do a lot of driving in the no. 2 lane at 70 mph on cruise control. I use this time to contact clients. I have heard from some people that the M3 is so loud at 70 mph that you can't talk on the phone. Is this true in your experience?

Thanks.

I came from a newer Mercedes C class. Rented a 3 for a long weekend via turo. When I got back to my Mercedes it felt like a piece of sh%&. I couldn't explain it. The gas, the shifting, all the buttons etc etc. Bought a 3 the next week. Noise level on the highway is similar.

I drive about 15,000 miles a year. I am usually stuck in traffic commuting, or driving in a straight line at 70 mph on cruise control.

I took a long drive ion my C Class yesterday. 240 miles, mostly on cruise control. It's a great car. Quiet and comfortable. Kind of like a nice couch on wheels.

This is a big concern for me. I do a lot of driving in the no. 2 lane at 70 mph on cruise control. I use this time to contact clients. I have heard from some people that the M3 is so loud at 70 mph that you can't talk on the phone. Is this true in your experience?

Thanks.

On my Model S, which is similarly built in terms of sound mitigation design, I have not found the in cabin noise levels to impede speaking voice type phone conversations (i.e. I don't have to talk loudly). I have also been on the receiving end of phone conversations from friends and family in various Teslas and, while it is obvious that they are in a vehicle, it is not objectionable or distracting. Anecdotally, I have found that the tires on an electric car make a huge difference in ambient cabin noise. I had large wheels with sporty tires, for a time, on my Model S and that increased the cabin noise drastically. Same is generally true on other luxury brands I have owned in the past but perhaps even more so in something as intrinsically quiet as a Tesla.

Thanks.

As a Tesla Model 3 owner, I would have to say it is the best car I owned due to many reasons. This car is very user-friendly, I love the way the M3 is always ready to drive as soon as you step in. I basically "pump gas" at home with my charging station. The Model 3 drives the way you command it to with no acceleration delays. Very comfortable ride and makes you feel at home. I have no issues with my model 3 at all. My only complaint might be getting too many compliments.

P.S My Tesla model 3 replaced my 2018 Mercedes E400 coupe. The E400 is a very luxury and unique vehicle, with a 330HP engine and self-parking features. It is a new car and I do have some minor issues with it already. Don't get me wrong it is a very nice and fun car to drive, but I will be getting rid of it soon since I have no use for it now.

Thanks.

I drive about 15,000 miles a year. I am usually stuck in traffic commuting, or driving in a straight line at 70 mph on cruise control.

I took a long drive ion my C Class yesterday. 240 miles, mostly on cruise control. It's a great car. Quiet and comfortable. Kind of like a nice couch on wheels.
The Model 3 at cruising speeds on the freeway is fine. It’s not noisy or uncomfortable like an economy car - it is certainly premium, quiet, and comfortable. But Mercedes were designed to cruise the Autobahn at very high speeds in a stable and comfortable manner - so Tesla has a lot of catching up to do in that regard. It’s actually a bit unfair to compare the ride quality considering the decades of R&D Mercedes has had. I agree with you that the C300 is like a couch (and mine had the basic 17” wheels, intentionally, because I wanted that comfortable ride), but the Model 3 is not uncomfortable or loud by any means.

I was rereading this thread and saw this post. Your daughter (who I assume is 15) turned up her nose at a Mercedes C300 Coupe? Are you making this up? I got my daughter a used Jetta for her first car, and she was thrilled to get it.

No, not at all! I saw the car for sale and said to her, wouldn’t that be a nice car for you. I do feel it would be a safe car for her, but would rather get her something less flashy. She stated she doesn’t really like Mercedes, she feels it’s more of an old person car (I don’t agree) and likes the Tesla better. She actually doesn’t like fancy cars, she doesn’t like the attention at all. She’s hoping for a truck but would be happy to drive anything as most teens are.

Read the first 4 pages, last I heard the OP is ordering in Nov. Congrats, I'm fairly positive you'll be happy...and if the car you get isn't up to your standards, return it! It's their fault, not yours, no need to feel guilty about it.

Don't know if this was brought up, but free maintenance and a loaners are great and all, but the real savings with the Model 3 is the time saved NOT having to take the car in for maintenance in the first place, but if you have to, doing it more efficiently.

We often don't realize how much time is wasted just going in for service...
1. Call and wait on the phone to schedule service, or fill out forms online...generally on your computer
2. Drive to the dealer
2. Wait in line to be serviced
3. Wait for the service advisor to get all the paperwork written up
4. Wait in line for the Enterprise rental representative
5. Wait for the Enterprise rep to write up the paperwork and to inspect the loaner

That's typically 1 hour, but likely more. This happens at least twice a year, maybe more if needed.

Once your car is ready, still more wasted time...
1. Drive to the dealer
2. Wait in line to get your paperwork from the cashier
3. Wait for your car to be brought up...this part I hate...I'd rather go get it myself, I can see it right there!

Another 20-30 mins if you're lucky and live close to the dealer.

Not saying that all these problems go away with a Tesla or with EV ownership, but there are definitely savings in time and effort.

While my BMW i3 was in for service (window wouldn't always go back up, it took a day to fix), the service advisor suggested they also perform an at-will recall. It took them a whole day and a half longer just to do a firmware update!

The Model 3 at cruising speeds on the freeway is fine. It’s not noisy or uncomfortable like an economy car - it is certainly premium, quiet, and comfortable. But Mercedes were designed to cruise the Autobahn at very high speeds in a stable and comfortable manner - so Tesla has a lot of catching up to do in that regard. It’s actually a bit unfair to compare the ride quality considering the decades of R&D Mercedes has had. I agree with you that the C300 is like a couch (and mine had the basic 17” wheels, intentionally, because I wanted that comfortable ride), but the Model 3 is not uncomfortable or loud by any means.
Is the S quieter than a 3?

No, not at all! I saw the car for sale and said to her, wouldn’t that be a nice car for you. I do feel it would be a safe car for her, but would rather get her something less flashy. She stated she doesn’t really like Mercedes, she feels it’s more of an old person car (I don’t agree) and likes the Tesla better. She actually doesn’t like fancy cars, she doesn’t like the attention at all. She’s hoping for a truck but would be happy to drive anything as most teens are.

I can't imagine a conversation in which I offered to get my daughter a $50,000 car.

I can't imagine a conversation in which my daughter turned down a $50,000 car and asked for a different $50,000 car.

I say you get her an old Civic and give her a lecture. That I'll learn her.

I can't imagine a conversation in which I offered to get my daughter a $50,000 car.

I can't imagine a conversation in which my daughter turned down a $50,000 car and asked for a different $50,000 car.

I say you get her an old Civic and give her a lecture. That I'll learn her.

I won’t put her in a Civic..Honda’s are great cars but too small and there are other cars much safer. She doesn’t need a lecture at all. She is a humble kid who is an honor student and top level athlete. She works her butt off. She likes me to drop her off at school down the street so people don’t see our Tesla because she doesn’t like the attention it gets. She does not want an expensive car, it’s me and her dad that want her in something newer that is reliable and super safe if she gets in a significant accident.