Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to fix smart charging (wake vehicle from sleep via Zappi charge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once my Powerwalls had filled, Zappi offered surplus and sleepyhead woke up and started feeding.
For a brief period I had 9Kwh of solar and charge went up to 32amps ok.
Raining now. Gone back to sleep. So has the car :p

Is anyone else having this issue reoccur?

Swapped my 2019 for 2021 and the issue seems to be back. Car is not charging off excess solar unless I opened the car door. Zappi saying waiting for car.

New car is on 2020.48.30

As long as the Zappi is in *Eco+ mode mine has never failed to wake & charge against a timed slot.

This includes using the web based Myenergi budget setting which recently turned the charge on-off for four different half or one hour slots below the max rate I selected.

*(If on Eco when I set a timer & either sufficient solar input or remaining in the house batteries then the charge starts immediately, Myenergi Tech advised me to only set a timer in Eco+ mode)

Reactions: Londonb
I use Teslafi to wake my car just before the Zappi kicks in on the timer for the Octopus Go cheap tariff. This way I can be double sure it charges. I set this as I have had the odd time before when it has not charged and that leaves me without enough charge to get to work and back (95mile round trip). I am on 2021.4.15 and it has been waking fine for the solar over the weekend.

I use Teslafi to wake my car just before the Zappi kicks in on the timer for the Octopus Go cheap tariff. This way I can be double sure it charges. I set this as I have had the odd time before when it has not charged and that leaves me without enough charge to get to work and back (95mile round trip). I am on 2021.4.15 and it has been waking fine for the solar over the weekend.
Thanks, but that’s not the point. The car should auto-wake as per the charging protocols. 3rd party soloutions are great but don’t fix the root cause which is Tesla not implementing the correct standards.

Also doesn’t solve excess solar issue unless car is prevented from sleeping.

ref yours; going by your sig, you are pre-2021 refresh - which was previously resolved in 2020.24