TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Bunky

Bunky Supporting Member

Ugh, probably or maybe he’ll wait till Tuesday since tomorrow may be lower volume with the long weekend on traders minds. Hoping to continue the upward momentum.

2. Bunky

Bunky Supporting Member

:DElon just tweeted a hilarious summon video that may not show off summon all that well but really shows people’s enthusiasm for the product and has high virality potential

Elon Musk on Twitter

• Funny x 5
    • Love x 1
  3. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Active Member

Cool. Tesla’s self driving is pretty sad. Of course, everyone else’s is diagnosed with clinical depression and on suicide watch.

• Funny x 2
  4. Hock1

Hock1 Member

My brother, who has been a fanatic Volvo driver for decades and his wife who drives a big SUV today test-drove the Model 3. They will be ordering a 3 and a pre-raven S. They are blown away. I think this is happening all around the country (and the globe).

• Like x 21
    • Love x 20
    • Informative x 2
  5. Prunesquallor

Prunesquallor His cardinal virtue? An undamaged brain.

StarLink in orbit. Successful booster recovery. Satellite deployment soon.

• Love x 13
    • Like x 6
    • Informative x 1
  6. Mike Smith

Mike Smith Active Member

So now we know that deliveries will be strong, and Tesla is aggressively cutting costs. Wall Street still hasn't put 2 and 2 together.

• Like x 14
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  7. EVNow

EVNow Well-Known Member

Pepsi/Coco Cola lobbied the US government to include in the new NAFTA agreement a point that would have banned Mexico government from mandating health warnings on their products.

• Funny x 2
  8. Chenkers

Chenkers Member

I opened a small investment in TSLA earlier this year. I doubled that in the first dip in early May and have doubled that again in the last couple of days. I'm looking forward to a steady rise ahead as reality sets in and Wall St starts choking on its FUD.

It's all about the Mission!

• Like x 17
    • Love x 5
    • Helpful x 1
  9. BioSehnsucht

BioSehnsucht Model 3 LR

Deployment is going to be the only knuckle-biter this time, beyond just getting off the pad and past max-Q (since this is the heaviest payload they've ever flown). The rest of the flight to orbit and booster recovery were "ordinary" :)

Deployment should be in a few minutes... :eek:

• Like x 5
    • Love x 1
  10. sunhelm

sunhelm Member

This was indeed fun to watch, especially the Model 3 just zoom to the top like a SpaceX launch! You should tweet this to Elon!

• Like x 19
    • Love x 1
  11. mblakele

mblakele beep! beep!

I agree, broadly. But maybe Netscape would qualify? The cases aren't precisely parallel, but I see some similarities. In its time Netscape saw rapid growth in browsers, servers, and e-commerce, such as they were back then. Microsoft woke up to the threat and slowly crushed it. First came FUD, then embrace-and-extend products leveraged on Microsoft's existing businesses. Netscape didn't go bankrupt: part was sold to Sun, part to AOL, and part is still around as the not-for-profit Mozilla organization.

In Tesla's case there's plenty of FUD, perhaps funded by oil, auto, and union interests. That may be hurting consumer acceptance. But I think it'll take more than that, and I don't see a viable actor to play Microsoft's role. The closest candidate today is probably VW: they're big enough, and the new CEO Herbert Diess is making the right noises about EVs. He may honestly want to turn VW in the right direction. However that's a tall order, and I don't see where they have the equivalent of Microsoft's leverage with Windows and Office.

• Informative x 1
  12. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger "Ducimus, lit"

BREAKING: SpaceX successfully deploys 60 Starlink satellites.

• Like x 15
    • Love x 8
  13. Mokuzai

Mokuzai Member

Tweeted it to the Tesla account but didn’t get much traction. Don’t have much of a twitter presence though.

Mase Goslin on Twitter

• Like x 8
    • Informative x 1
  14. EVNow

EVNow Well-Known Member

I remember a long time back Ballmer showing a big collage of companies in the company annual meeting. What did they all have in common ? All collapsed because Microsoft started to compete in those markets - from Lotus 123, WordStar, Borland, Netscape etc etc. Microsoft owned the OS and desktop. So they could easily push their s/w over rivals. With netscape it was easy to offer free IE and kill off Netscape. Regulators of course did a terrible job.

If VW owned all the roads in the world, yes, it would be a good comparison to MSFT. VW hasn't even been able to break into the US market. More importantly the market is expanding so fast and can do so for next 20 years. And VW can't offer free EVs for everyone ;)

• Like x 1
  15. Buckminster

Buckminster Active Member

This was ReflexFunds replying to himself. His original post was a reply to FC. All great posts but not that many "likes" which means my scanning method missed some. These posts are why I read this thread. I hope they start posting on another thread because this noise is now off the charts.

It's funny because it's true.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/arks-open-source-valuation-model-for-tsla.153608/
    Good potential thread but Mr Solar Aussie thinks that a decent discussion on a specific point can be held on this thread....
    For me, this is like going to a wine tasting whilst drinking from a fire hydrant.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  16. SO16

SO16 Active Member

#57996 SO16, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Does CR offer any actual video proof of cars getting cut off?

Here is a rebuttal from someone who actually USES autopilot often and KNOWS how to change AP settings for different behavior (like not using mad max mode if you don’t want to pass on the right).

• Like x 5
  17. SPadival

SPadival Active Member

Yes. Even Elon has commented on the Apple Stock app FUD and gave it an apt nickname "The Hate Stream". I thought it will improve after they switched the feed from Yahoo Finance to their in-house feed. But no luck

Elon Musk on Twitter

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  18. powertoold

powertoold Active Member

Stock is gonna pop tomorrow: another successful SpaceX execution by Elon. The guy feeds on and understands complexity.

• Like x 1
  19. Pras

Pras Member

The stock seems to be setting up nicely. I hope it reclaims pre earning call-level in the next month at the least. But we have come down so far that it feel fantasy at this time.

20. Navin

Navin Active Member

Next time someone gives you *sugar* about Tesla. Make them watch this.

• Like x 4
    • Love x 2
    • Helpful x 1