Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think Battery Day will be a typical buy the rumor sell the news scenario. This is not a simple case with an expected result, like an earnings report or delivery count. There will be numerous and generally unexpected announcements, maybe updates on semi and roadster, new model S & X, and all the battery advances. I'm sure there will be at least a few big things most people didn't expect. That should cause a stock surge on Wednesday. I'm expecting a spike over 500, at least temporarily.

I don't think Battery Day will be a typical buy the rumor sell the news scenario. This is not a simple case with an expected result, like an earnings report or delivery count. There will be numerous and generally unexpected announcements, maybe updates on semi and roadster, new model S & X, and all the battery advances. I'm sure there will be at least a few big things most people didn't expect. That should cause a stock surge on Wednesday. I'm expecting a spike over 500, at least temporarily.

I think the price may even surge on the news that doesn't materially matter so much. Like, a decent spike in S/X orders because of plaid may convince people, while they are bored by a fundamental step change in battery storage / changing the world. But hey, faster/better model S = headlines. S/X have been declining for a while, I could easily see plaid doubling orders in the short term? Same expectation re: spike over 500 (whether it will last, not so sure).

Batteries are the lynchpin to ending the fossil fuel paradigm.

My two worst days from trading outside of my holding shares have been when close to the entire community here was expecting the stock to go up. Just a warning. This community is great for long time advice. Not always for very short time.

That said I'm bullish on battery day, but yeah, I'm worried that everyone else is too.

I actually meant that comment in the opposite way haha. I have seen way more coverage and comments that Battery Day will be a sell off event than the opposite

• Funny
Reactions: StealthP3D
Time for bean counters to get the calculator out.
View attachment 590382
As I said...
Was there anyone talking about this before me?

I can't remember when I said it or where and to whom but this has been obvious to me for a while and I've mentioned it to a few people over several months.

Dojo will have been written for multiple uses, predicting asteroids hitting Mars, various terraforming and starship logistical problems.

With that in mind it will need to interface with many other systems and use a lot of data. So the compute, data and other elements will reside in Tesla's cloud. Bye bye AWS, Azure et al. At least a little early on and then potential to eat it all. Starlink, AI, Web Services, Boring Company, Neuralink, solar, autobidder, waste heat for Kimbal Musk's container farms.

Musk is aiming at Mars and beyond for humanity. Such a high target that anything on the path is just another S curve to ride and everything fits together and is multi-faceted.

AK: 27.8% of the population and 92.5% of households have pickups.
Unpumped oil is rapidly trending to worthless, where is the money gonna come from to buy these expensive trucks when 1/3 of the AK economy vanishes? Spreading out a vast Supercharger network to support a mere 150k households(post oil) is quite an expense.

I think you'll be more reliant on battery swapping in a fully decentralized charging infrastructure. Which actually could end up being just as much fun, if not more!

Reactions: gabeincal
Drats.

In other news, LOL at TSLA randomly dropping 5% the day before it's biggest day in history :D

Yeah, that was -8.8% in 18 min with 12,039,960 shares (avg 668,887 shr/min).

Not a "Feb 4" big bear raid, but still a substantial raid at 9.3x drop vs. the macros. I think this was done just to freak out the algo's and shake loose some cheep shares b4 BD.

Cheers!

Just got this, but the link is broken, any ideas what a "CT Order" is?

EDIT: OK, found it on Edgar, it's just an extension to confidential treatment orders

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/999999999720004698/filename1.pdf

upload_2020-9-21_20-1-50.png

Thus, given just one pickup per head or household, in -

CA: 11.7% of the population and 41% of households have pickups
TX: 14.9% of the population and 57% of households have pickups

That's a lot, right?

Not so fast -

We realized this morning that every single one of our acquaintances (households) has a pickup. Zero exceptions and that includes city-bound octogenarians. Hmm! So, boyz 'n grilz, here you go:

Within Alaska's 737,000 population and 221,600 households there are 205,057 pickups. That is:

AK: 27.8% of the population and 92.5% of households have pickups.
Given that there are many companies that have multiple pickups (some with over one hundred in a single location) it's probably better to put an "up to" in front of the percentages.

Reactions: StealthP3D