Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hight AH activities. Two headlines I can find, but not sure if they are the cause of AH:

LAPD Warns Tesla Owners That Rims, Tires Popular With Thieves
5:13 pm ET October 1, 2020 (Benzinga) Print

While the popularity of Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) increases, more people are becoming aware of the brand. While this is good news for the company, it can sometimes be bad news for owners of the popular electric vehicles.

The Pacific Division of the LAPD has tweeted a warning to Tesla owners to make them aware that the car's tires and rims are hot targets for thieves.

The account shared a picture of a Tesla Model 3 up on supports with missing wheels. They also advise drivers to use sentry mode, and to park in well-lit areas.
========================================

Tesla Stores In China Reportedly Flooded With Orders After Model 3 Price Cut
4:16 pm ET October 1, 2020 (Benzinga) Print

Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) has set in motion the plans to expand battery production and lower prices following its battery day event. This is already being seen in a price reduction of the Model 3 in China, along with a switch to new LFP batteries.

Now it seems the price increase could be overwhelming Tesla employees in China.

Wonder how crazy MIC Model 3 sales was on the first day of price cuts. According to a sales rep, all stores were flooded with new orders and store employees hardly had time for meals & communicating with customers. Q4 will be insane. pic.twitter.com/vHN4CsrMor

Unless electricity is WAY more than I think it is in China I dunno how saying "If you skip getting a $3000-5000 refund we'll give you far less than $3000-5000 in free charging" is going above and beyond.

I mean- smart business move for sure- let the folks who won't bother doing the math decide not to get refunds...but economically for the CUSTOMERS it's probably WAY better for them to return and rebuy and save more money than they'll get out of 3 years of supercharging for most.

Going above and beyond would be simply, automatically, cutting a refund check to anyone still in the 7 day period when prices were cut.
Returning a car that you probably love isn't easy or convenient. Being offered an incentive not to likely moves the knob. Bean counters can calculate the cost of just refunding ALL sales with the 7 day period vs (SC perk cost + cost of X% of returns) and likely decided on what you see offered.

Reactions: gabeincal
Hight AH activities. Two headlines I can find, but not sure if they are the cause of AH:

LAPD Warns Tesla Owners That Rims, Tires Popular With Thieves
5:13 pm ET October 1, 2020 (Benzinga) Print

While the popularity of Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) increases, more people are becoming aware of the brand. While this is good news for the company, it can sometimes be bad news for owners of the popular electric vehicles.

The Pacific Division of the LAPD has tweeted a warning to Tesla owners to make them aware that the car's tires and rims are hot targets for thieves.

The account shared a picture of a Tesla Model 3 up on supports with missing wheels. They also advise drivers to use sentry mode, and to park in well-lit areas.

Thanks. Reminds me I need to get some wheel locks.

Looks very fishy, wonder if the numbers got leaked. Volume is significant too. Either that or it’s just a good old shakeout.

There's absolutely no way numbers got leaked. The only source is Tesla's own website and they've never accidently leaked numbers before.

Also we've seen many times of the stock price getting driven down to stoke fear so I'm not surprised

Nah, I think its because the Spoon just added someone not named tesla View attachment 594264

I thought the market was over this S&P crap. Maybe not lol. The stock dipped right around the time that announcement was made so who knows.

edit: Seeing some big buyers lining up. This will recover so quickly.
3F777690-8592-494A-99AF-6F0FE9213059.jpeg

I thought the market was over this S&P crap. Maybe not lol. The stock dipped right around the time that announcement was made so who knows.

Anyone trading that S&P news just now and not realizing P/D likely out in the morning would have to be probably the most uninformed trader in the history of wall st.........unsurprisingly I wouldn't be shocked if that's what happened o_O

Now it seems the price increase could be overwhelming Tesla employees in China.

Wonder how crazy MIC Model 3 sales was on the first day of price cuts. According to a sales rep, all stores were flooded with new orders and store employees hardly had time for meals & communicating with customers. Q4 will be insane. pic.twitter.com/vHN4CsrMor

Online ordering not available for Chinese customers?

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I’m not making this up:

on yahoo finance Adam Jonas just predicted Tesla sales in China would be zero by 2030.

Sell! :rolleyes:

Tesla's China sales will see a 'steady decline' to nothing beyond 2030: Adam Jonas

It's amazing how Adam Jonas can discuss many many things, and then make one pretty far out there stupid prediction at the end, and *that* is the headline yahoo finance uses.

Here is my prediction.

Can you imagine as more and more people wake up to how wrong these analysts usually are... especially in the case of TSLA where Morgan Stanley's customers missed out on a 10x return listening to guys like Adam Jonas using his imagination instead of facts.
I see services like Robinhood tied to robo-advisors fueled by machine learning eventually taking over and:

Morgan Stanley will see a 'steady decline' to nothing beyond 2030

Valid as anything...

Tesla's China sales will see a 'steady decline' to nothing beyond 2030: Adam Jonas

It's amazing how Adam Jonas can discuss many many things, and then make one pretty far out there stupid prediction at the end, and *that* is the headline yahoo finance uses.

Here is my prediction.

Can you imagine as more and more people wake up to how wrong these analysts usually are... especially in the case of TSLA where Morgan Stanley's customers missed out on a 10x return listening to guys like Adam Jonas using his imagination instead of facts.
I see services like Robinhood tied to robo-advisors fueled by machine learning eventually taking over and:

Morgan Stanley will see a 'steady decline' to nothing beyond 2030

Valid as anything...

Jonas believes nationalism will kick in later this decade to protect their manufacturers against Tesla.

I would assume some of this will happen, but obviously not as drastic as what Adam Jonis predicts.