Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Bull Rushmore?

Who was publicly the earliest big bull with large targets for TSLA?

I should have added more to this. Who and when?
In my opinion there are a lot of people late to the party.
Ark late, Gali late, you tubers late.
Who early on was big bull?
Frank sg, late

I think there are a handful here that have owned a long time. Did they have early big bull price targets?

I agree with the Andrea push for 'the mount' and the most interesting (aggravating) bit for me that came out of Dave's interview with her is that analysts get 'call backs' after the broadcasted CCs following each ER. They are intended to allow analysts to fact check their numbers/comments that will go into their reports but they also allow them to get another 'bite at the apple' for information that retail investors don't get.
Completely agree on the callbacks. It would be far more fair if these call back transcripts were published.

Her depth of research helped me keep nibbling at the stock.

Reactions: ev-enthusiast
Although TSLA appears to be strongly under the MM’s influence this week, when discussing max pain for Friday’s expiration (our likely Friday target) I suggest that nobody mention the actual number just so you don’t unintentionally irritate anyone on the forum here ;). (Hint: max pain for Friday is somewhere midway between $410 and $430).

Reading this was like listening to cats screeching in the distance.

Maybe Tesla reduced the visibility of their PR team intentionally to not have “news” outlets bug them for talking points or “exclusive” information.

Battery day presentation is exclusive information for everyone presented in Tesla’s own way in their own narrative.

Maybe Tesla is focused on the customer and investors not news outlets potentially distorting information and profiting off of information.

somewhat OT but it's interesting how Bloomberg TV have started to cover the SpaceX launches live. Sentiment change.

Elon is already at the Cape since early Monday and doing on site review of the launch sites and rockets due to two back to back launch aborts. Starlink launch looked perfect just earlier now with 1st stage landing so looks like he was happy with the review. Next launch is GPS III, also waiting to blast off already on the pad.

TSLA stock seems to have gotten a nice little boost pre market for this successful launch? Look at 7:30AM EST bump.

If only more people realized then what an excellent investment a $100,000+ two-seater could be.:)

I suspect buying a Roadster is one of the best investments many owners ever made (same principle for many Model S, X, 3 and Y owners ....)

So true! Buying an electric sports car for 100+ K was the 2nd craziest thing I ever did. And ten years later here we are. A cherry Red Roadster orbiting the sun and Tesla preparing for second stage ignition!

Frank sg, late

I think there are a handful here that have owned a long time. Did they have early big bull price targets?
I bought at 29.50 and again around 30.50. I thought the market was irrational about Tesla and that’s usually a good time to buy. I was happily surprised at the original short squeeze and wish I knew about covered calls when we hit 287 the first time. I could have funded many more shares since then. I went in again when the 3 was coming out, too early and bought all the way down to 200 last year. Still kicking myself for not moving 401k to Tesla then. That would have been FU money.
Julian C had some great insights. I think he saw 2018 Tesla doing what 2021 Tesla will be doing with new plants and growth. I hope he hung on and made tons on the stock.

Giga India is looking more like a real possibility, which I find a bit surprising. I know there was some Tesla Tuk Tuk discussion earlier, but what do we see as the real opportunity here? No doubt more APAC factories will be needed, but India wouldn’t have topped my list, maybe because I’m not coming at it from first principles, but from my ingrained stereotypes - Bangalore is for offshoring IT, not manufacturing; ASP would need to be too low, etc.

I’m sure someone here is knowledgeable about the Indian vehicle market and has a better idea why they should be the next factory (apart from, you know, all the people that live there). I know that to sell there you need to manufacture there, so is the reason just that simple? Or is there something else about the market or their manufacturing capabilities that would move them to the top of the list?

I bought a few 10.30.20 $500 calls a couple weeks ago and now I’m not sure what to do with them. Should I sell them at a loss before they go to zero?

Well I bought a few 10.30.20 $440 C last Fri. Seeing that 3Q earnings should be v. big according to many trusted sources considering 3Q P&D numbers, discounting the Pres antics, I'm holding on for a while longer, but eyeing to roll out half to Jan '21 540 C just because on reflection, I tend to be overoptimistic. 500 seems a bit extreme for Oct, tho.
Not an expert/ not advice.

Giga India is looking more like a real possibility, which I find a bit surprising. I know there was some Tesla Tuk Tuk discussion earlier, but what do we see as the real opportunity here? No doubt more APAC factories will be needed, but India wouldn’t have topped my list, maybe because I’m not coming at it from first principles, but from my ingrained stereotypes - Bangalore is for offshoring IT, not manufacturing; ASP would need to be too low, etc.

I’m sure someone here is knowledgeable about the Indian vehicle market and has a better idea why they should be the next factory (apart from, you know, all the people that live there). I know that to sell there you need to manufacture there, so is the reason just that simple? Or is there something else about the market or their manufacturing capabilities that would move them to the top of the list?
Looks like India has 4th largest iron and manganese mine in the world. Guess the plan is to pump out that 25k car along with the 4680 iron based batteries.

Frank sg, late

I was happy when we broke $300........................every stinking time..........We must have broke, lost it. then broke it again about 10 times......:rolleyes:

Let's look at some numbers for 2019.

2-Wheelers sold in India: 21.2 million
Passenger vehicles sold in India: 3.4 million

IMO the middle class in India is growing and so is affordability. While you will still get a lot of the premium buyers willing to pay the 100% import taxes you cannot really penetrate the Indian market until you actually start manufacturing them in India. The typical Indian car buyer is probably spending about $10,000 on average. So you will need a model 1 to dominate the market OR you could focus on 2-wheelers but probably not very profitable. Also safety is an issue for scooters.

I will say a lot of the metro cities in India usually get into a incentive war when a company like Tesla is trying to enter the Indian market especially if they view Tesla as a technology company. Labor is very cheap so that's definitely a consideration, there is not much in terms of Advanced manufacturing. So maybe Tesla will do this if there is a sweet deal offered AND they expect the central(federal) govt to really make big investments for EV infrastructure.

I looked at the Lithium angle to see if there was a play there but India mostly imports Lithium.

My guess is these are just preliminary talks and not much we will hear about Giga India until the 2nd half of 2021. Too much red tape. They will likely set up service centers and start selling in India next year like Elon said but the Giga is not happening anytime soon.