Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Food delivery is another killer app for autonomous cars. Imagine a van pulling up with heated compartments in the side with your McDonalds on a hungover Sunday morning. The success of companies like door dash and Uber eats will be fleeting.

It's already been done

Driverless-KFC-Food-Trucks-in-Shanghai_0-x.jpg

For gig economy innovation. China is the leader. For example all these food delivery apps were already mainstream before North America even pushed out alpha release 1.

All fine and good but please also consider taxes in your calculations. Just because a strategy leads to higher $ value does not necessarily mean that those $ will flow to you.

Happy to be wrong here.

I did all mine in my IRAs (both roth and traditional), as I'm sure most others as well. So no worries about the taxes. But you're right, people need to be cognizant of the tax implications of their trades.

Reactions: YAWD
I commend all of you who are taking the calculated risk of leveraging using options to take advantage of this unique trading situation. I wish you all continued outsized returns.

I, on the other hand, am conservative (at least by this board's standards!) and will continue to just accumulate what I can over time and HODL. My conservative approach to my portfolio has kept me from reaping the huge gains experienced by many here. But I'm still thrilled with my returns and am able to watch the action with a little less stress about short term price swings. I have to say it's tempting though.

I don’t play any options just been holding for 8 years and added tiny bits along the way because demand issues. I haven’t *needed* another penny for quite some time. I’m still in anyway because I feel The Universe wants me to spread the wealth, I can’t possibly spend all myself, at some point.

Stick to your plan. It’s a proven strategy and your in the right stock.

I commend all of you who are taking the calculated risk of leveraging using options to take advantage of this unique trading situation. I wish you all continued outsized returns.

I, on the other hand, am conservative (at least by this board's standards!) and will continue to just accumulate what I can over time and HODL. My conservative approach to my portfolio has kept me from reaping the huge gains experienced by many here. But I'm still thrilled with my returns and am able to watch the action with a little less stress about short term price swings. I have to say it's tempting though.

For whatever reason, my bank's trading platform is offline right now (TD Waterhouse) on both mobile and desktop. While I'm ticked that I can't do anything, I think it's my bank's way of telling me to stay away from OTM Short term Calls.

edit: It's online again... uh-oh. Looks like I'm buying.

Last edited:
I don’t play any options just been holding for 8 years and added tiny bits along the way because demand issues. I haven’t *needed* another penny for quite some time. I’m still in anyway because I feel The Universe wants me to spread the wealth, I can’t possibly spend all myself, at some point.

Stick to your plan. It’s a proven strategy and your in the right stock.

HODL - usually pay the best in my experience.

I got hold of some extra cash last year, bought calls.. and did very well.. :) However - you all know what happened last year.. :p
I would have gained 3x as much, just by buying shares and HODL.

Now, I am soon a teslanair- so I feel the capital have to do some work besides HODL. Sold my first naked put today. :)
Will try to figure out a level where I am comfortable with the balances between risk and reward.

Last edited:
Forward Observer

Interesting read ~ VWs has woken up. Far better read from CEO as opposed to Toyota.

Folks here used to use the transition picture of horse and buggy to the first autos in, I think ~ New York. We will not be able to visualize that kind of difference since all cars look alike ~ not horse vs car;)

Interesting Video is Ewan McGregor's "Long Way UP" ~ He used a prototype Harley Davidson electric bike along with long time friend Charley Boorman. Released 18Sep20 Also used two prototype Rivian's:rolleyes:

I do not own stock in VW, Harley or Rivian ~ FYI ~ not interested ~ my pyrimide is too damned big now and I cannot take it with me.;)

My point is this stuff is really cool and fun to watch unfold. Ewan has two other movies called Long Way Round and Long Way down ~ I think or at least easier to find than my typing. These are fossil fuel movies.

Again, Tesla/Elon is playing chess while traditional automakers are playing checkers ~ distracted by the colors on the board instead of the pieces and moves.:eek:

Again, keep your eyes on the 4Q20 deliveries:D Maybe, Elon should create a movie and call it; "Long Way to Catch-Up":oops:

I don’t play any options just been holding for 8 years and added tiny bits along the way because demand issues. I haven’t *needed* another penny for quite some time. I’m still in anyway because I feel The Universe wants me to spread the wealth, I can’t possibly spend all myself, at some point

Just so you know, there are seven continents to choose from.

Apparently Gary is saying the 4.6 trillion from indexed funds x equal weight 1.2% is the 55Billion in shares that MUST be bought.

Then he says another 6.6 trillion of benchmarked funds That do not necessarily have to buy, or could possibly already own, but could(?) still buy. Total of 11.2 trillion in the funds that index SPX