Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come on, baby! Black Friday Red Roadster II Day!! $TSLA $600+ you can do it!!! BUY! BUY! BUY!
View attachment 612305
https://www.tesla.com/ns_videos/roadster_videos/roadster-loop-imperial.mp4?20180329
View attachment 612304

I described why there is no need to give $TSLA the $50K interest-free loan here. Maybe I will just give them the $5,000 to help them better gauge demand and they can return that whenever...

View attachment 612303

I will be drinking fine champagne today and *not* driving so I don't do $TSLA manic acceleration runs and drive myself off a cliff! I think I'll order some "edibles" to relax and chill out. Haven't had 420 since my fraternity daze... See if I can get stoned before my 4:30 pm PDT "Zoom Family Thanksgiving". :p

Wish I could place a BUY limit order that doesn't execute until the price rises to $600! :D (My cost basis per share in this account is $61.73 so I just can't bring myself to buy more than one more at this nosebleed level LOL)
View attachment 612314

Less than most pay for rent in Silicon Valley!

View attachment 612318

make the Roadster payments by selling calls :p StealthP3D is on board

How did you figure that?

I added more shares on March 18th very close to the low of the year, and they won't even be a 9 bagger at $600. :(
The baseline is going "all-in" at $373 ($74.60 post-split) on March 19.

I plunged heavy into 210115C650s last week which have tripled. My IRA is up 60% since Friday's close.

"Once in a lifetime".

Wow, thanks for pointing that out. I've been watching TSLA so closely I didn't even notice that my KCAC, now QS, is up over 60% today!

Thanks to whoever was the first to mention KCAC back in September! :)
I have KCAC as well, and it now reads the same. But is that what really happened? Checking my records I guess it is! Doubled my money there. WOW. But I am not sure how long I will stay. I am not too convinced Tesla's tech won't make them irrelevant.

I did think it would be a good idea to invest some in all of the electric players six months ago, nio and Nikola, but did not because the internals of the companies looked so terrible. I put money in KCAC and DPHC and did well, but would have done even better with the others. I just can't stomach putting money in Nikola knowing how much of an empty shell it is.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
As posted earlier (but I don't see it any more), looks like this assassination in Iran has spooked the macro and the MM's are just helping it down

Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, Iran's top nuclear scientist, assassinated near Tehran

Iran's most senior nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh has been assassinated near the capital Tehran, the country's defence ministry has confirmed.

Fakhrizadeh died in hospital after an attack in Absard, in Damavand county.

Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, has condemned the killing "as an act of state terror".

Western intelligence agencies view Fakhrizadeh as being behind Iran's covert nuclear weapons programme.

"If Iran ever chose to weaponise (enrichment), Fakhrizadeh would be known as the father of the Iranian bomb," one Western diplomat told Reuters news agency in 2014.

News of the killing comes amid fresh concern about the increased amount of enriched uranium that Iran is producing. Enriched uranium is a vital component for both civil nuclear power generation and military nuclear weapons.

Investigation based on 43 complaints of front link failures. Tesla related TSB in 2017.

I had front links fail in my 2013 model s at about 115,000 miles. Didnt think anything of it. I had front links fail in my last GM vehicle at about 60,000 miles.

I like my spirited driving so wasn't surprised to be told I needed a bit of suspension work at 115000 miles.

JB’s involvement is why I decided to pull the trigger and take a position in this a while back. Not advice.​

Battery startup backed by VW and Tesla cofounder JB Straubel QuantumScape (QS) goes public - Electrek

Interesting quote from the article.

“QuantumScape even impressed Tesla cofounder and former CTO JB Straubel who joined the board.

Straubel, who has tested basically every battery cell technology while at Tesla, commented:

QuantumScape’s solid-state anode-less design represents the most elegant architecture I’ve seen for a lithium-based battery system, and the company has an opportunity to redefine the battery landscape.”

Last edited:
are they trying to get it under $590?

It's Friday, a weekly options expiration day. A cursory survey makes it appear that the $590 strikes may be the most profitable target for big option writers (mainly hedge funds and market makers).

There is a cost to manipulation, but the prime consideration is that the options expire today, while share trades can be unwound next week. The manipulators don't aim for a killing, just the skimming of a relative assured profit. Meanwhile, retail buyers of options near the target strike get shut out. Of course news or investor interest can upset the plans of the manipulators.