Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I closed my short term calls and naked puts now. Will re-enter monday short term options play when I am 100% sure S&P wont mess this up for us. :rolleyes:

Holding all my stocks and $200 sept21 calls, and planning to buy another DITM leap before end of day, just to keep most cash in the action. :D:p

Are we sure of when the guidance will be released on Monday? PM? AH?

Are we sure of when the guidance will be released on Monday? PM? AH?

I am not sure of anything with regards to S&P. Hence my protective strategy. :D

If nothing show up - uncertainty will take the hold.
If we get a solution - 1 or 2 tranches, it should be positive, but as expected so hopefully no major moves so I have get my short term play in place again.

Edit: Damn - seem we might to for $600+ after all?

Reactions: saniflash
Sell orders at $600 - 8AM PT edition.

TSLA 11-27 Book.png

WOW..... with 38,000 Calls with a strike of $600 sold, today I would say $600 is the line in the sand. I am guessing THEY have been buying up shares like candy all week to cover the $600 strikes but if we close above $600 I just can't see how THEY will be happy at all. The $600 strike was no where near that Wednesday when I last looked. This will be an interesting battle today.

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 9.43.05 AM.png

I imagine with a really deep dive Tesla came out on top? ;)

Yes, thats correct :), 2016-2017 was when I was buying TSLA hands over fist.
Back then, there were some good candidates in the start up world of course.
However, one should have just put the entire fund into TSLA and could have had much better returns. If only my partner understood TSLA :p

Here's what I've heard on this forum which makes complete sense of what is happening with the SP.
The stock market is forward-thinking and dislikes uncertain.
The future is certain.

Naaah, there is plenty of uncertainty left.
We still don't know if the SP on 21st Dec. will be 2x of today's, or 3x, or maybe 4x, or possibly even MOAR !?!?

Seems like everyone who’s posted their trades this week are on track to lose money:

1. soulpedl sold this morning hoping for a cheaper price this afternoon
2. Gabe sold $570 CCs expiring today
3. Reddyleaf sold earlier this week at $520 hoping for a lower price today.

Lesson of the day: HODL!

Lost about $20k. On that trade. Sigh...

I sold all all my December 4 calls bought last Tuesday around 593-595 this morning. Ended up with a 800% return on them. Turned around and used 2/3 of the profits on Dec 18 700 and Jan 15 700 calls.

Still holding all the calls from Dec 11-Jan 15 bought last week.

I dipped into some margin to pick up some Jan 15 $700’s as well. Thanks for all of your guidance.

OT:

For those interested in the claimed main competition for batteries to TSLA, which will probably not start selling actual solid state batteries until 2024, the reverse merger is official and QuantumScape is now trading as QS. VW banking on them big time.

Hope they succeed...plenty of market out there for all batteries.
Wow, thanks for pointing that out. I've been watching TSLA so closely I didn't even notice that my KCAC, now QS, is up over 60% today!

Thanks to whoever was the first to mention KCAC back in September! :)

Edit: It was @AlMc... thanks again!
Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

Last edited:
Lost about $20k. On that trade. Sigh...

I know that feel. I’ve been selling at strikes a bit above where I think the price could end up for my CCs (I assumed $600 this week, so I stuck with $620). I’m also not going to sell any for the 12-11 week if the inclusion is broken up into two tranches.

The premiums are so juicy next week that I’m considering $800+ for CCs, but I’m going to wait for Monday before I do anything.