Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always believed Gaylord Perry was the greatest control pitcher of all time. Many would argue, he cheated. Spitballs and whatnot. Kind of like TSLA market makers.

Impressive control, nevertheless.
Agreed on the TSLA market makers...i like to think Greg Maddux was the greatest control pitcher of all time...anytime a pitcher can tell a 2nd baseman a ball is going to be hit to him on the next pitch is the GOAT in my book :)

Dunno what you guys are talking about when you say 'manipulation'...i just do not see it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

upload_2020-12-1_12-12-53.png

I was just about post the same - if that is not manipulation, I dont know what is. Was it naive to expect "free" market price for the inclusion event?
If you believe that TSLA is constantly manipulated, then yes it is naive to imagine that you will think otherwise if TSLA doesn't do exactly what you think it ought to do.

The rest of us know that TSLA wanders all over the place, with a long term trend of upwards. Get used to it.

Musk would consider merging with another auto company.

View attachment 613512
Elon survived the dot-com era and went through corporate takeovers. It'd be beneficial for people to realize he's not this naive school boy who will share his lunch with the first bully that asks. He fired his trusted lieutenants for obstructing progress. These corporate muppets won't last orientation, let alone a merger.

View attachment 613500
TSLA chart above
View attachment 613501
QQQ chart above

To my eye, it looks like someone is capping TSLA this afternoon to keep it from running toward 600 with the macros. There could be a market explanation, such as one big seller placing a limit price on sell orders, but this looks like classic capping to my eye. The thing with capping is that sometimes if the macros get frisky enough, the cap will break and TSLA would run uphill trying to make up for lost time. That may not happen today, particularly if macros level out, but I've seen it happen many times before.
I agree with this. The movement yesterday and todays smells funny. Between the Wall St FUD article yesterday talking about a third option for S&P that really had no realistic chance of being true to the flat movement today despite the SP being higher yesterday am, yesterday after hours and premarket today, it seems like artificial capping to try and shake out the momentum and day traders the way they bailed so fast in Sept. when S&P announcement didn't happen. A big cascading drop of 10-20% would be amazing for those hoping to keep a lid on the SP prior to the forced purchasing period in mid-December.

If you believe that TSLA is constantly manipulated, then yes it is naive to imagine that you will think otherwise if TSLA doesn't do exactly what you think it ought to do.

The rest of us know that TSLA wanders all over the place, with a long term trend of upwards. Get used to it.

I think the difference between you and me is that I favor one side of the manipulations question and realize it is possible I may be wrong and that the answer is actually something quite different. Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but my impression is that you dismiss manipulations outright and always look for an alterative explanation. It'd do us good if you clarified your position. Thx.

Just watched all the currently available FSD Beta 6 videos.

Based on those videos and the reactions of the testers, there are more significant and noticeable improvements in this version.

An absolutely mind-blowing pace of improvements—and this during a holiday week. (Do Karpathy and team work on FSD while sitting around the Thanksgiving table?!?)

You might not be too far off:

Operation Vacation

We're talking about Niedermayer, right?

Some background on Niedermayer - He hosts the Autonocast podcast along with Alex Roy. Autonocast

Both of them disagree with the approach Tesla is taking to FSD, especially with using the FSD Beta program and unpaid, unprofessional test drivers to help FSD to learn. I don't know if they are personally shorting TSLA, but they are highly regarded in TSLAQ circles, and have consistent conversations with the TSLAQ crowd.

Ed is also the communications director for PAVE - Partners for Automated Vehicle Education. It's an organization devoted to stopping Tesla from developing vehicle autonomy. One of their reports attacking Tesla was cited in today's article. Every one of Tesla's competitors have signed on as members.

Partners for Automated Vehicle Education

I know Alex and he has some criticisms of Tesla's approach to both Autopilot and Autonomy.

Niedermeier is a flack for Waymo and a bunch of "autonomy" companies that are 5-10 years behind Tesla. I met and talked to him at a party in January 2018 CES a few days after taking delivery of my first Model 3.

1. He claimed Toyota would always make better cars because they started making sewing machines and they understood attention to detail.

2. He claimed Tesla would not be able to ramp production to become a large automaker, thus being relegated to niche status, in perpetuity.

3. He refused to take 2 minutes as we walked out of the garage to take a look at my Model 3, after claiming repeatedly that since it was a Tesla it must be flawed in some fundamental way.

His entire life for the past many years has been based on sucking off Tesla's teet, propounding astounding varieties of FUD and then failing upward to run a professional disinformation campaign to throw sand into Tesla Network's launch.

As a funny aside, I attended the Cybertruck event in Hawthorne and afterwards went to the Los Angeles Ale Works and saw him hawking his book to SpaceX and Tesla employees . . . needless to say, it didn't go well.
Know who else made sewing machines? Singer.

As a kid I spent summers in Öland renting from a farmer. He had 11 dairy cows on pasture by the sea shore and would go and collect and milk them every morning and evening. For transport he used a beautiful maroon, straight-six, three-gear RHD British made Singer Saloon with fragrant light brown leather upholstery over the distance of about 1 English mile -- placing the milk crocks precariously in the open trunk and driving very carefully over all the potholes. I was allowed to ride along sometimes, so this tale is from a live eye witness! :cool:

Ergo, it can be true that the quality of manufacture of motor vehicles and sewing machines correlate.
On the other hand, at a somewhat later age I owned a "temperamental" Husqvarna 175 cc motor bike contradicting that. So. :rolleyes:

Ed is also the communications director for PAVE - Partners for Automated Vehicle Education. It's an organization devoted to stopping Tesla from developing vehicle autonomy. One of their reports attacking Tesla was cited in today's article. Every one of Tesla's competitors have signed on as members.

Partners for Automated Vehicle Education
Hmm... Communications director, now why does that remind me of Aston Martin quite out of the blue? :rolleyes:

Code for Windows looks like crap. Code for the new M1 is cleaner. So even if there was no process advantage,

You are mixing oranges and...er... "Apples"

One is an OS, the other is a Chip (with it's own ISA)

Source code for the same program (Windows in this case) would look much the same for either X86 or ARM architectures. Just as it did when Windows NT was compiled to run on Alpha, PowerPC, and MIPS hardware.

• Disagree
Reactions: TNEVol and Paul_SF