Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
* PA is a gas state

Pennsylvania is the third largest coal producer in the US and coal is the second largest energy generation source after natural gas which has grown dramatically with low prices brought on by fracking.

So I imagine a lot of people there would love a car that could run, at least partially, on locally sourced coal! ;)

Where does CNBC get these newscasters?

She actually said,

"Well, we'll see if he (Elon) follows through with it (moving to Texas). He was of course the first major businessperson to pit states against each other to get them to compete for his business."

What? How could she say that? She is a business (CNBC) reporter? Yeah, no other businessperson had ever done that... :rolleyes:

She’s like 19 years old. She has no life experience.

Depends on your age and how many shares that represents.

IMO, if selling 1/3 would be enough for retirement, it's worth considering.

However, keep in mind there is every reason to believe the next 5-10 years are primed to be a great run for TSLA.

Hold the shares and finance the lifestyle. Sell shares as needed for cash. Can’t get those shares back once they’re gone. You certainly can’t have mine...I’ll need them for the next 10-15 years minimum

When I bought into Tesla it was like a 4bn mkt cap so I’m up x 100 on initial investment, do people really think the shares can still rise x 10 !!?? 6 trillion mkt cap ?????

Is this click bait? Cmon.

$6 trill just based on what’s going right, right now. Same margins as apple, plus disrupting the entire energy market, plus disrupting the entire automotive market. +SAAS, +FSD.

They’re worth 1/2 $trill valued basically on autos alone and only making 1/2 mill cars per year. That will 40x by 2030. Do the math man.

When I bought into Tesla it was like a 4bn mkt cap so I’m up x 100 on initial investment

I originally invested about the same time ($3B market cap)

do people really think the shares can still rise x 10 !!?? 6 trillion mkt cap ?????

Yes. 50% annual growth, plus FSD, create the potential to reach that level in the next 5-10 years.

Is it helpful to give him an audience?

He only gets paid by his customers: car dealerships

For YouTube to pay him even a miniscule amount, he needs to have 1000 subscribers, and for his videos to be viewed for over 4000 hours (not visits, but hours) in a year. Check his list of quite brief videos. The numbers of visits are laughable. Our TMC visits will not make a mountain out of his molehill.

However, our TMC viewing does educate us about the concerns of dealerships and their advisers. It also gives us a few weekend chuckles. :D

Hopefully this question is in the right thread, but I'd love some opinions regarding this;

I will have 30k to play with soon. Should I;

1. Pay off my Tesla for which I still have 27k financed and invest new money into TSLA

or

2. Put 30k into TSLA despite the higher stock price and wait it out? I'm TSLA long all the way.

Hopefully this question is in the right thread, but I'd love some opinions regarding this;

1. Pay off my Tesla for which I still have 27k financed and invest new money into TSLA

or

2. Put 30k into TSLA despite the higher stock price and wait it out? I'm TSLA long all the way.
Depends on your income. If you can afford the payments and your lifestyle; it’s a no brainer. 2.5-4% apr for the car financing...tesla is growing at 50% yoy.

or

Play, just pay off the loan. Invest for long run - do it. My feeling is that TSLA's valued at least a couple of years ahead of itself, so if you need the money earlier - plan accordingly

I wonder if some Big Dawg knows something?
1lgjmp.jpg