Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My short shorts just arrived. It's a sign I tell ya. ;)

Because making the most possible money is not the mission. Have you forgotten?
If you mean the Tesla mission or your own philanthropic goals, then I'd argue that you could do more by going that route. We all have our own taste for debt and risk of course. Cheers.

Reactions: Tslynk67
I have a remembrance. I got my first shares back before the 2013 epic run from 30 to 180.

I still remember the many posts from people that locked in their gains at $60, looking to buy back in on the pull back. Some of them bought back in at $90 after watching the stock run and run. Some stayed out and missed the entire run. (numbers pre-split!)

That was a 6x run in about 6 months, and it's become the #1 thing I've worried about over the intervening years (missing out on the next one of these). As best I can tell we're still in one of those epic runs, with the new trading range still not found (I make the current run, post split #s, as roughly $80 to $640, or about 8x so far). The market is still out looking for the share price that will balance buyers and sellers.

Each time we've moved from one trading range to a new one (up to the 180-280 trading range, and then up to the 280-380 trading range), I thought that this was the one that would break out and do another 6x. I was wrong each time, but the company was getting stronger, so I just saw a more tightly wound spring.
Similar story here. Took delivery of first Model S on Dec 30th 2012; delivery driver brought it on a flatbed to my house at 9pm and handed me the keyfob after signing some papers.

Sensing that Tesla was going places, I had invested in first batch of stock around $40; sold off chunks at $80, $120, and $160 then only to see it go much higher. After that experience, I resolved that if the price ever came back down again, I would buy using an 'unwise proportion' of my retirement savings and HODL onto it, accepting that if I lost it all then I would just have to work past age 65.

In part thanks to the encouragement and invaluable knowledge generously shared in this forum, looks like my retirement savings might just add another numeral today (hopefully not jinxing it now). Bonus is being able to profit off of a cause which is positive for humanity.

Cheers to all fellow TSLA long-term investors.

Last edited:
I've been staring at that live SpaceX feed so long that the image of planet earth has burned into the bottom half of my corneas.

Try this steam. Pretty funny/informative commentary been going on all morning + live shots of the launchpad

I knew we would get back to the pre-5B price point but didnt expect green the same day!