Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing. I'm starting to get the impression this forum has two distinctly different types of people:

1) Those who feel dirty or ashamed when they have to perform real work to make money.
2) Those who feel dirty or ashamed when they don't have to perform real work to make money.
I feel dirty and ashamed for.....other reasons.

Actually, 17% accuracy would be more profitable, you just need to remember to do the opposite and hope you were wrong.

Well that's true!

Except if my experience with USB-A plugs is any indication, I get them backwards on the first attempt to plug them in, every time.

Even when I remember, make my choice, and then reverse the choice so I'll get it right this time.

C'mon, close above $650!

One market dynamic I don't have even the start of a mental model, is this idea of a fight for a price level here in the middle of the week. If it were Friday, and looking at the max pain charts, then market makers keeping the shares under 650 going into close makes a ton of sense to me.

But today - keeping it below seems like wasted energy as there are still 3 more days of trading before a pin price can be identified. It might be 750 by Friday the way things are going, making any efforts to sell the stock and control the price today a .. futile / wasted effort.

That's ok - I don't need to get it.

Congrats to all the longs! This is indeed a crazy ride that leaves me with some mixed feelings.
Let me explain: When I came out of University, I founded a small company doing research software development for the pharmaceutical industry (rational drug design, molecular modelling). I worked hard for 20 years in that company and finally sold it to a larger firm in 2014, making a decent chunk of money from the sale. I felt good about that, bought some real estate, a Model S and put a small portion of the money into my RRSP (as much was the limit since it is a tax-free account) and invested most of it in TSLA. For 5 years (2014-2019) it made some small gains and some dips as we all rode the roller coaster, then suddenly in the last year or so it exploded, so much that now I gained more money from TSLA in a year -- not moving a finger, than I made from selling my 20-years of hard work accomplishment. Now that part feels weird... Somehow it puts my self-worth into question.

Pfft! Incoming zen; don’t talk to yourself like that. Instead view your good fortune as well deserved because it is!

You worked hard and then you took the fruits of that labor and reinvested in property (that’s solid), in a company trying to do the right thing (positive) and in yourself (like we’re all supposed to).

Go ahead and feel good about how it’s all turned out. Pay it forward to other people if you want, but don’t be surprised that in doing so you are enriched further.

That’s how it works, what you put out into The Universe, The Consciousness, The World, The Simulation, The Whatever will be returned to you ten fold. I’m a bloody saint at this point. :p

Thanks for sharing. I'm starting to get the impression this forum has two distinctly different types of people:

1) Those who feel dirty or ashamed when they have to perform real work to make money.
2) Those who feel dirty or ashamed when they don't have to perform real work to make money.
Obviously very OT, but we do have two ships and an assortment of morons...wait that's from Avengers End Game. We have a diverse group here in thought and background (despite being mostly white guys, I think) with lots of intelligence mixed in. Might make for an interesting thread for people to give some backstory. I know I've worked some pretty unusual jobs in my day and I'm sure others have even better stories.

Maybe Tesla was selling tranche at 650.

Would make sense. Sell ten percent every twenty or thirty points.

That should take us to about oh, 850 or so by the 18th.

Works for me.

BTW, WHAT A SPECTACULAR DAY!

I have this board to thank for steadying me on the SP drop in the AM. Wanted to buy more after subduing the flashbacks of the last raise, but bought with conviction due to this board.

Thank you.