Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Schwab? WTF??

upload_2020-12-14_6-53-3.png

I'll be watching the orders at $630 closely this morning to see if there are any indications of changing sentiment or if buying is chewing through them to support the idea of a breakout toward the $650 level. Sell orders between the current price and $630 have been increasing all morning, and have now creeped up to 140,000 shares.

EDIT: On cue, first big drop I've seen since open at that level, now at 126k.

EDIT 2 7:14 AM PT: 114k. Still not seeing a big increase in standing buy orders.

Volume is miniscule. Like some of the lowest we've seen since announcement. Nothing is happening so far. This doesn't mean nothing will happen all day, but it could be that nothing happens until later in the week. Time will tell.

Volume on 18Dec calls from $600 all the way to $800 is very high though. I'd guess that people are adding to their positions and tightening up the coil further. But it won't be unwound until entities show up who buy the actual stock.

Exactly same happening here in NYC - trying to put a test sell order from the call options I hold. Phone line 800 ... rings and then goes busy signal - Chat message is not working at this time - WTF ?

View attachment 617608
Some BS....had my 100k lot to buy at $611...ok...maybe it was just 10 shares but still....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Volume is miniscule. More-or-less nothing is happening so far. This doesn't mean nothing will happen all day, but it could be that nothing happens until later in the week. Time will tell.

Volume on 18Dec calls from $600 all the way to $800 is very high. I'd guess that people are adding to their positions and tightening up the coil further. But it won't be unwound until entities show up who buy the actual stock.

If you had to venture a guess, how much of the index fund buying do you think will take place during Friday's closing cross (as a percentage of all forced buying by index funds)?

• Helpful
Reactions: capster
Capping just isn't gonna cut it this week.

If anything, it looks like capping on the downside to me. Seems to me like somebody is very carefully buying up every time it drops below $xxx, and ups this limit by a few $s every so often.

Random observation that could be totally wrong, but that's the feeling I get from observing the stock movement..

I'll be watching the orders at $630 closely this morning to see if there are any indications of changing sentiment or if buying is chewing through them to support the idea of a breakout toward the $650 level. Sell orders between the current price and $630 have been increasing all morning, and have now creeped up to 140,000 shares.

EDIT: On cue, first big drop I've seen since open at that level, now at 126k.

EDIT 2 7:14 AM PT: 114k. Still not seeing a big increase in standing buy orders.

Big drop to 85,000 shares at $630.

EDIT 7:29 AM PT: As you'd expect from the price action, that $630 level looks like it's going down. 42k shares.

If you had to venture a guess, how much of the index fund buying do you think will take place during Friday's closing cross (as a percentage of all forced buying by index funds)?

That's a tough one. This is pretty much a guess, but I feel like the percentage that will try is going to be very high, as in the majority.

However, I'd also guess that front-runners will buy up a lot of shares this week to sell to indexers during the cross, which should drive up the stock price. If that's not going to be enough to satisfy demand from indexers during the cross, I'd guess some buying will spill over to next week.

Not super confident in this, but you asked for a guess ;)