Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Artful Dodger

"Ducimus, lit"
Aug 9, 2018
Canada
Because I think Plaid S / S / X will continue to be on the same architecture. Can't imagine them signing up for yet another different variant on the bodyline that already does an S and X.
On this part, we agree completely. The only issue is, when does Tesla cease production of the old body style and switch production to the new tri-motor varient.

I suggest those dates may by Dec 24 and Jan 11, respectively.

Cheers!

Rockster

Oct 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
Form CT just hit IR

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/999999999720005723/filename1.pdf

"
UNITED STATES
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION December 16, 2020

ORDER GRANTING CONFIDENTIAL TREATMENT UNDER THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934

Tesla, Inc.
File No. 001-34756 - CF#35644

Tesla, Inc. submitted an application under Rule 24b-2 requesting an extension of a previous grant of confidential treatment for information it excluded from the Exhibits to a Form 10-Q filed on November 3, 2017.

Based on representations by Tesla, Inc. that this information qualifies as confidential commercial or financial information under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. 552(b)(4), the Division of Corporation Finance has determined not to publicly disclose it. Accordingly, excluded information from the following exhibits will not be released to the public for the time period specified:

Exhibit 10.5 through December 31, 2023 Exhibit 10.6 through December 31, 2023

For the Commission, by the Division of Corporation Finance, pursuant to delegated authority:

Patti J. Dennis
Chief, Office of Disclosure Support"

Sorry to be obtuse, but what is the significance of this? What information do we believe this references?

Knightshade

Jul 31, 2017
NC
From the S&P source it appears to me that the index funds such as the SPY are required to add Tesla shares based on a $ volume at the Tesla stock price at the close of market price on the 18th and be all in by the opening in the 21st. I am still unclear as to the ±3 day rule.

Each.

Index fund.

Has.

Different.

Rules.

Generally most funds rules say they can buy X number of days before OR after inclusion date (SPY specifically is 3 days either way for example) but X can vary and in some cases it's left to fund manager discretion entirely.

Most end up buying at close day before inclusion to minimize tracking error.

Same answer as the last 500 times.

Can we get this stickied to the top of every page of the thread till inclusion is over or something?

ZeApelido

Jun 1, 2016
The Peninsula, CA
We shouldn't care about fundamentals

tenor.gif

TravelFree

Mar 23, 2020
Jacksonville, Florida
There's quite a bit of selling by us traders going in this morning.

Market Selling now below $610. I raised some cash selling a couple other stocks in my diversified portfolio to add to Tesla on a dip. I last bought 4 shares to round out 100 share holding at $558. Have a ways to go to buy below that level.

ZeApelido

Jun 1, 2016
The Peninsula, CA
I'm starting to have some sympathy for my kids who get to see a bunch of wrapped presents under the tree, but have to wait a while to open them. Seems like our present can't be opened for a few more days. :/

I think this is more akin to my 6 year old self waking up early and opening up all the presents before anyone else woke up.

vikings123

Supporting Member
May 27, 2019
MN
On the flip side some big fish could come in a buy a lot of calls on Thursday evening and mess with the MM’s plans.

If there are no big buyers today I expect our daily MMD so they can sell more puts and help offset any upside volatility for Friday.

I don’t know what the end game is but it cannot be this straightforward.

MMs cannot help themselves :).

Chunky Jr.

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2018
CA
It does not. Other than to scare retail out of their shares.

I don't have any data, but I would imagine that retail shares are an insignificant fraction of shares traded on any given day. Retail investors trade in units of dozens, or maybe hundreds, and a few in the thousands. Funds trade in units of 10k or 100k, if not millions of shares.

My read on this is that all the speculation of what the funds need to buy and when is very, very wrong. I'd love to be wrong about this, but I think the stock will be below $600 by the end of the week.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC