Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But in order to make that work, Tesla needs control over communication to the car, with great reliability and low latency. Starlink is a key component of making this all come to fruition. It’s not only the right tech for the task, but Musk completely controls it.

How many times does everyone here AND elon have to repeatedly state that there is no way a starlink antenna is going to fit in a tesla car. Stop pretending it will!

Man macro's pre-market is falling off a cliff.
The 700's that the mule talked me into are ....a little underwater.:eek:
Stay strong. After all we were green as Ireland in premarket yesterday!

I'm feeling pretty good about our prospects after the 1130 Treasuries auction ends. Ride today's MMD and avg down next week a bit and then ride it all the way back up to $700.

I've got my $700c avg for this week down to $2.82 and next week to $5.92, holding about equal contracts on each. Will take that as a decent starting point to at least break even overall. Probably will avg next week's $700c's down a bit if there's a MMD today.

No idea if I'm doing this right, but at least I'm gaining experience. I'm just taking a high conviction stance, levering up, then trying to avg down that leverage when the opportunity appears. Will continue for a few weeks as needed, increasing position size slightly as time goes by.

If we rotate out of this within a couple weeks, I make a bunch of money. If we don't within 4-5 weeks, I'm out a modest sum. Fun times!

Last edited:
How many times does everyone here AND elon have to repeatedly state that there is no way a starlink antenna is going to fit in a tesla car. Stop pretending it will!
They could in future make it fit, but Starlink usecase is more for rural areas and not for Urban. Hence this will likely not happen.
A multi-purpose, detachable Add-On portable Starlink for campers etc will be the way to go.

Reactions: Hrtme
I’ve been to many such Corporate All-Hands meetings in my professional career, they always are very exciting, especially when the CEO is very charismatic. Whatever is discussed during these meetings will not impact short-term stock price, simply because they cannot give any material information that close to the end of the quarter to the whole company, because of risk of insider trading.
Which insider could possibly trade on it? Aren’t they all locked out of trading from now and until after the ER? Or are you thinking a friend of a cousin of an employee?

Reactions: MP3Mike
Someone needs to mark on that plot where GoJo made his demand-is-collapsing pronouncements. It would make a nice little Twitter rejoinder whenever he pokes his head out of his hole.
gojoLOLO.JPG

interesting if true. One of the biggest reason for my next car(EV) to be a Tesla is because of the supercharger network. If this is available to all then this theoretically increases my options for cars other than Tesla.

any thoughts on if this happens what it would do to Tesla sales? Unless Tesla provides a CCS adapter, non Tesla’s would have a much bigger charging network.
I know you all may disagree like crazy but if this means a Rivian will be able to use the Supercharger network I am canceling my Cybertruck and ordering a Rivian. Rivian should have signed up with Tesla's Supercharger network right out of the gate. It is the only thing keeping me from buying one while I wait for the Cybertrucks to get all the early vehicle kinks worked out.

>> any thoughts on if this happens what it would do to Tesla sales?

It would increase them.

1. Non-teslas will still charge much slower - their owners will get 'first hand' comparison what waiting 15 more minutes means in practice
2. I suspect there will be additional charge for nonteslas - energy will cost the same, but they will also need to pay for occupying the slot - slower charging == longer charging == effectively higher cost of kWh.

(yesterday I was thinking aloud what Tesla would do, and do they did ;) )

Tesla uses the small profits to create even more Super Charger Stations.
.. Each station will use even more Tesla Products (charger, power wall, roofs) and will help set up future micro-grid, auto-bidder nodes. (+ve loop)

When EV infrastructure bill comes out, Tesla will out compete the test.

Some hate Teslas, and might not even want to use the Tesla Supercharger network to charge their car(other brand EV)
VW, Diess might now do a charger day soon :)

(+ 3plus years and I haven't been to a SC :) ... home Solar Charged )

(+Tesla acquires more valuable Real Estate (like MacDonalds), and each station also serves as free Advertisement)

absolutely. Additionally during longer charging time, they will have to stare at the numerous Teslas going in and out. In a crowd, we all have the subconscious need to fit in, so their desire for Tesla’s will grow. Not to mention if they are socially apt, they can talk w the many happy tesla owners - check the various tesla models out etc. Again making the conversion easier - since they already checked out the vehicle w/o having to go to a tesla showroom.

Even more options with: Tesla supercharger station marketplace, coffee shops, etc

Not sure how I feel about the supercharger opening up. Not super happy to have to compete for supercharging with people who bought cars, from the company started by Hitler and that gassed monkeys, just because they hate Teslas... But I guess it’s inline with Tesla’s long term goal and probably also has a lot of nice second order effects that will be hard to quantify. And I think we can try to read between the lines, maybe Tesla will greatly increase supercharger network buildout with their new supercharger factory in China, maybe 4680 will greatly decrease charging time, maybe this is the first step of making it easier for Tesla Destination chargers to be monitized etc.

Anyway I think it’s the right thing to do. It will complicate things and require some effort on the teams to deal with the new influx of customers, but in the long run will make the company stronger.
So, Tesla becomes the new Chevron/Texaco/gas station. Um, that seems like a good thing.

@Prime_Number @Lycanthrope and a few others
perhaps the above needs it's own thread
using BTC as some kind of synthetic dividend or "synthetic" stock partial split to "lightly braise, then utterly destroy shorts"
in a way that is legal, rapid as a lightning bolt out of a clear sky that instantly forces shorts hands
a "blue sky" discussion
As I have mentioned on numerous occasions, any scenario in which a new security is distributed to the rightful holders of the 954M shares of TSLA, will force the (illegal/naked) shorts to buy in, IMO.

I know you all may disagree like crazy but if this means a Rivian will be able to use the Supercharger network I am canceling my Cybertruck and ordering a Rivian. Rivian should have signed up with Tesla's Supercharger network right out of the gate. It is the only thing keeping me from buying one while I wait for the Cybertrucks to get all the early vehicle kinks worked out.
Because Rivian won't have any "early vehicle kinks" to work out? 🤣 Of course, they will have almost no service network to work them out with...

It's called "stating the obvious", of course the stock will dip if GF4/5 are delayed, you don't need to read an analyst note to understand that

I suspect part of the reason we're in the doldrums now is that the S&X are late. Even worse than that, we get zero communication from Tesla as to why that's the case, which makes it even worse

TBH, I think this is very poor from Tesla's side. I understand they don't want to engage in BS PR, but some transparency on some things would be very helpful. Same goes for the chip shortage, is Tesla impacted, yes, no, a little bit? Right now, as they say nothing, the assumption is they are

Tesla do so many things well, but this is not one of them
I don’t actually think it would matter. The media and bears would still headline and spin it the way they want; negative.

It might help you and it might help people with cars on order, but you’re kidding yourself if you think Tesla telling the world we’re short parts and the S is delayed because (insert whatever reason you want) is somehow going to be considered a positive for the media/analyst spin and thus SP.

So, Tesla becomes the new Chevron/Texaco/gas station. Um, that seems like a good thing.
The folks who should be on their knees thanking Tesla are the Taycan drivers. Now they won't have to sit at Walmart waiting for EA to trickle-charge their Porsche.