Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to be mean but I think that’s been covered quite a few times.

I’m more interested in more details of the story with the s and the x production. Their production numbers were “-“ but that could mean they’ve got 25k cars produced waiting for software that will go into Q2 sales. If they can claim FSD payments and use some of the accrued losses from previous quarters Q2 is going to look amazing.
Maybe someone in production decided to hold up all the new S/X because they were missing stalks.

100%. The IV was literally inside of my brain today sitting just below my willingness to sell. The algos are legit!

I really wish our sharpest minds weren't sitting around trying to figure out how to front-run a transaction by 1/100,000th of a second or predict my inner-most investment emotions. We complain about regulation for the sake of fairness, I want transparency and regulation to get our 2,000 brightest engineers out of hedge fund shops! Close all the nooks and crannies these clowns leverage.
937E5805-EEBB-4953-A206-A8BD97B682C4.jpeg

It's probably the commercials of 2024 E-Hummers. I can't wait until I see a Cybertruck blowing the doors off one of those fictional (for now) pieces of #2.
I think people saw “get a Hummer” and bought the news. Tomorrow they will sell angry and frustrated sexually

100%. The IV was literally inside of my brain today sitting just below my willingness to sell. The algos are legit!

I really wish our sharpest minds weren't sitting around trying to figure out how to front-run a transaction by 1/100,000th of a second or predict my inner-most investment emotions. We complain about regulation for the sake of fairness, I want transparency and regulation to get our 2,000 brightest engineers out of hedge fund shops! Close all the nooks and crannies these clowns leverage.
Here’s my innermost investment emotion (after two margaritas). If MMs can fabricate and sell unlimited numbers of fantasy shares, never to be covered, without consequences - why not? Why not keep TSLA range-bound indefinitely while reaping bucks from algo-reaped volatility? It’s not a coiled spring, it’s a slinky.

One more margarita will help.

I am not alone, even non-ants can see the chess game of not releasing the S and X last Quarter, and instead having the Model Y and 3 production numbers stand by themselves for a Quarter and get the attention.
And then have a near full production release of S and X in Q2.
"Yeah we had a record Quarter and only built half our models, and this Quarter...."

Before the DoE starts bailing out Ford and GM all over again, it would be nice if I got paid back for the last bailout.

Incase people want a reference to marketcap/GDP ratio. My take its the result of ultra low interest rates which created a terrible bond/savings market. Yes, market is over valued. And no, there's no where else to put your money so might as well continue to play the musical chair until there's an alternative.

High market cap to GDP is because of

1) lower interest rates

2) US GDP as a % of Global GDP has shrunk, while the US companies operate globally

3) relatively US large caps like FAANG have more dominance in global market (share of global market of US large cap is bigger now, hence valued more).

edit: I think there is a 4th point also around stock Price/Sales expansion. Newer large caps are valued more for the same sales (revenue is comparable to GDP) as they have better operating margin than traditional companies. Also they have better growth, couple that with low interest rate (#1).

Last edited:
oh god here we go. I was just about to get to bed.

Cathie replied with a novel.

I'm still not sure if this is Elon setting a bear trap or what. Either way, tomorrow's gonna be interesting. I'm watching these CC's like a hawk, gonna buy them back the moment I turn a decent profit on them. There's something brewing and I'm not interested in eating assignment on CC's, as soon as IV droops I'm switching back to buying calls.