Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TL; DR: Tesla is introducing a night time supercharging discount to help increase supercharging capacity in California. You get 50% off if you charge at night.

Tesla's describes it in their in-app message like this:

"Avoid the rush and save 50% on your charging fees before 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m. at all Superchargers in California’s major metro areas. For specific rates and eligible sites, tap the Supercharger map pin on your in-car touchscreen."

TL; DR: Tesla is introducing a night time supercharging discount to help increase supercharging capacity in California. You get 50% off if you charge at night.

"Avoid the rush and save 50% on your charging fees before 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m. at all Superchargers in California’s major metro areas. For specific rates and eligible sites, tap the Supercharger map pin on your in-car touchscreen."

How do news like this not make it to front page CNN? Imagine:

All major metro area gas stations in California will sell you half priced gas at night!

Just ordered...

D8DDCDD9-4F78-47FF-8FE4-16B767A1FBDD.jpeg

OK
Adamant time
Why in the hell are the Chinese going to be the world's number one EV Market?
The ant does not think it is because they are Oil constrained, and they do not give two rice seeds about pollution. He knows that, just like humans know that.
What he thinks is that the Chinese actually know how damn good solar panels are (since they make more of the sumbitches than anyone else). Yep they know that Solar panels are really and truly the be all and end all for cheap energy. And so they understand that solar electricity is dirt cheap for them on a national level. And they did the thing with the beads on the rods whipping back and forth, and they computed that it makes sense and money to do it YESTERDAY.
Which to us ants means, "The world is gonna become a better place." But for the money-grubbing ants amongst us it means to us that we are riding the right horse.

I’m not sure if this has been posted...

Guess in March, not only did Musk's FSD tweet took down lidar companies' stock, it also took down his own...lol.
Yeah that's a stretch trying to link what Musk's stance on vision based FSD coming out this month and their stock price.

To be frank, for the last few years that I was in TSLA (not that many... started in 2019), it was always like this.

Some news that were a surprise in a sense of outcome never affected TSLA stocks all that much. It's like shorties have 2 version of news prepared for them. One if it turned out as they forecasted, and another if contrary.

The biggest stock movers were always those news seemingly coming out of no where and bears were caught by total surprise. Think S&P inclusion... when it was announced, both bulls and bears were already past the idea of S&P500 inclusion. And boom... there it was.

Another example was share split. Elon talked about it's something up for discussion in earning calls... and boom, it was announced out of no where.

Big TSLA movers were always those shocking news coming out of nowhere; something neither bulls nor bears were ready for it. But from my idea with TSLA, it's simple... just sit back and enjoy the ride. I believe I'm investing in the most important and innovative company in the world. SP rising is certain in my own opinion. The only uncertainty is the time frame. It could be tomorrow and in a few years. But from everything presented to me, staying invested in TSLA is a must, because there is no other company more innovative now when it comes to humanity's future (maybe SpaceX, but let's just focus on Earth for now)

4.43% increase in a day is nothing to feel bad about. I sold most of my position earlier this year to finance a dream house. If I still had those shares, I'd be up by at least a Model X a day... nothing I'd feel bad about.

Let me put on my Gordon glasses.
"Tesla forced to discount charging due to lack of demand."

I watch ONE guy on Youtube that still does analyticals. HitThatBid is the name of the channel. Not because he is the greatest Analyst of such, but because he does a good blend of analytics and the greater picture...and he told me something YOU guys haven't that is going to be a big deal, or going to make the Earnings report be a big ephen hairy deal.
Blah blah blah, greater production, lowers costs, yada yada...and then... Elon ain't gittin a big fat check this quarter. YEAH! Q4 of 2020 he got another tranche check. a big ephen fat check which impacted profit margins... And so... YEAH.
Profits will be in a whole new dimension for Tesla Q1 2021. And that will pop the stock like we haven't seen in many years from an Earnings Report perspective.
EDIT: I have been repeatedly told in the posts below I missed the topic in posts already done on this thread... And I believe it. He just made me go slow and think about it.

Last edited:
I watch ONE guy on Youtube that still does analyticals. HitThatBid is the name of the channel. Not because he is the greatest Analyst of such, but because he does a good blend of analytics and the greater picture...and he told me something YOU guys haven't that is going to be a big deal, or going to make the Earnings report be a big ephen hairy deal.
Blah blah blah, greater production, lowers costs, yada yada...and then... Elon ain't gittin a big fat check this quarter. YEAH! Q4 of 2020 he got another tranche check. a big ephen fat check which impacted profit margins... And so... YEAH.
Profits will be in a whole new dimension for Tesla Q1 2021. And that will pop the stock like we haven't seen in many years from an Earnings Report perspective.
Not to be mean but I think that’s been covered quite a few times.

I’m more interested in more details of the story with the s and the x production. Their production numbers were “-“ but that could mean they’ve got 25k cars produced waiting for software that will go into Q2 sales. If they can claim FSD payments and use some of the accrued losses from previous quarters Q2 is going to look amazing.

and he told me something YOU guys haven't that is going to be a big deal, or going to make the Earnings report be a big ephen hairy deal.

You mean you just haven't been paying attention. It has been talked about, in this thread, but mainly in the near future predictions thread:

Good quesiton: This is all driven by reduced costs from Stock Based Compensation (most of this reduction is attributable to lower costs from Elon's CEO Award). I actually have R&D increasing by $10m and SG&A increasing by $20m before the Stock Based Compensation reductions.

I am expecting lower stock based compensation to:
- Reduce Cost of Sales by $32m
- Reduce R&D by $40m
- Reduce SG&A by $128m

See the bottom of this table:
1617408301294.png

And technically Elon hasn't received a penny. He has received options that he can choose to execute at some point in the future. (He has to pay for them, and pay taxes on them before they actually become his.)

Last edited:

They may be buying wind power from somewhere. When grid demand is low and it’s windy, rates can go very low or negative.
Sounds like someone is trying to rephase the demand curve.