Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're frustrated that the stock has gone up much lately, hopefully this makes you feel better:

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 12.10.42 PM.png

We were higher than the current price the day before the P&D report, when everyone thought Tesla would only produce ~170k cars.

Guess what? I call bull, MMs! Ain't gonna pry these shares from me, you little bastages!

So do we climb into the close as these positions are closed and everyone anticipates a rise early next week?
No, MM only work for put buyers. Don't know why there are so many call buyers here and then week over week cries about MM manipulation. Buy some put guys and cheer MM on instead of crying on Fridays!

Reactions: Itsame
No, MM only work for put buyers. Don't know why there are so many call buyers here and then week over week cries about MM manipulation. Buy some put guys and cheer MM on instead of crying on Fridays!
I don't buy any puts or calls, I'm a long so these short-term movements don't mean much to me. Having said that, call me old-fashioned for thinking that a stock should be valued on the merits of the company and not on the whims of a bunch of rich douchebags on Wall Street. :)

I don't buy any puts or calls, I'm a long so these short-term movements don't mean much to me. Having said that, call me old-fashioned for thinking that a stock should be valued on the merits of the company and not on the whims of a bunch of rich douchebags on Wall Street. :)
I think it's just the nature of how high beta Tsla is with super bulls and super bears fighting for the narrative. This kind of volatility invites too many gamblers which results in manipulation by MM on Fridays. After the short burn of the century, there are too many call walls weekly which always result in a crappy Friday and walk down middle of the week. Just the aftermath of a large name stock x10 in a short amount of time with crazy volume.

Almost ready with FSD Beta V9.0. Step change improvement is massive, especially for weird corner cases & bad weather. Pure vision, no radar.
Tesla engineers could not even get sensor fusion working... that’s what everyone is doing with lidars and radars and sonars and tape measures.

This is why Tesla keep saying they don’t need lidar, now turns out they couldn’t even get radars working... what a waste of resources... bankwapt before ER!!!
/s

it's not. and right now, civilian pilots are the #1 thing screwing it up.
Given a special tunnel driving mode, where *all* driving controls are disabled for the duration of the tunnel ride, Tesla vehicles (or vehicles with Tesla-equiv FSD) could safely be allowed to ride the tunnels, without civilians being able to muck it up.
Edit: Late comment - others have said much the same.

Last edited:
I think it's just the nature of how high beta Tsla is with super bulls and super bears fighting for the narrative. This kind of volatility invites too many gamblers which results in manipulation by MM on Fridays. After the short burn of the century, there are too many call walls weekly which always result in a crappy Friday and walk down middle of the week. Just the aftermath of a large name stock x10 in a short amount of time with crazy volume.

I definitely agree with your point that the bulls and bears are fighting to get their narratives accepted. I think not long from now one narrative will be far more convincing than the other :).

I would plead to everyone to give Kevin a chance. He did acknowledge his thumbnails and titles are designed to trick YT algorithms for maximum visibility. I find his videos always bullish on the market and Tesla. His EQ is great and he covers a wide range of topics.
My buddy that does car reviews and crypto news was recently on Kevin’s show. He too confirmed to me that viewers / algorithm like the shocked faces. So for now it’s here to stay sadly.

Added more shares today to my newly formed self directed 401K. What a gift that I can invest in TSLA in my company retirement account.

Last edited:
Tesla Model 3 Is Best-Selling EV in France in Q1 2021 with 19% of Market Share | tesmanian.com

"During the first two months of the year, the French electric vehicle market was sluggish but began to pick up in March. There were 15,592 electric vehicles registered last month, accounting for nearly 7% of new passenger car registrations in the country. Such figures were made possible primarily thanks to Tesla, which registered 4,524 Model 3s. As a result, the model became the best-selling vehicle in the French EV market in March and accounted for 29% of the segment."​

By buddy that does car reviews and crypto news was recently on Kevin’s show. He too confirmed to me that viewers / algorithm like the shocked faces. So for now it’s here to stay sadly.

Added more shares today to my newly formed self directed 401K. What a gift that I can invest in TSLA in my company retirement account.
And people ask me why my faith in humanity is so low. Also, I'm jealous AF that your 401k can do that. If I don't pull my 401k cash out to buy an investment property I'll be moving my Solo 401k from Vanguard to someone that will allow that.

Reactions: AZRI11 and EnzoXYZ
Yup. I mostly avoid him because I can't stand the whole "this is a YouTube thumbnail OMG shocked face" thing, but this point is spot on. So many tourists will see the cars, and how they drive themselves. This is also why I think Vegas has a chance at being the first city to allow Tesla to operate taxis. If leaders become comfortable with self driving cars in the loop, the transition is easy. Perfect environment as well. No snow and little rain, lots of straight low speed roads, lots of taxi demand, and a very concentrated area where people actually want to move around in.
He actually dig into things pretty deep and cover topics people don't seem to care. He may not always get it right but usually reads what he finds verbatim at least.

The best nugget recently was on why the fed wouldn't raise rates due to recent job reports being 2x expectations. I had no idea that the fed said in a document that they will only consider raising rates if there's full employment. And that their definition of full employment not only includes how much % of unemployed have dropped, but also by including % unemployed dropped by race which must be equal. He said the most recent report had whites getting the most jobs, blacks were flatlined, and Asians fell 7%. Those are not the metric the fed wanted to see for an interest rate raise. The fed also want increase in employment of clean energy jobs. So many criteria I didn't know about than just unemployment rate is low. So this help explains why interest rate pretty much dropped this week even though people were thinking interest rates will shoot through the roof. His deep dives are pretty valuable.

I’m the first who would like the stock to go +5% every day after good news however we can’t go +700% every year so I guess it is normal for a bit of sideway trading before another push upward. I am wondering it will happen sooner than the full FSD official release with official robotaxis out.

Reactions: Mike Ambler
Tesla's AI FSD doesn't rely on ever more accurate map data - it drives based on what it sees going on around it. The maps are not super-accurate, just for navigation.
Tesla's FSD relies on current map too much. Hopefully v9 decouples map or at least not have map overrides what the car sees. Many times I have seen the car would drive in non-drivable space because the map data was wrong.

Reactions: NooB_cat and Itsame
Elon seems rather confident in the vision-only approach.

(Twitter user) Owen Sparks: "Does this mean you can remove the radar from production, or will it still be included as a back up?:

Elon Musk: "Remove".
Well damn Elon IS super confident if they end up actually removing the radar hardware from the cars.

Very excited to see V9 FSD in action