Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1618867248147.png

I hope Elon's response counts as (1) Tesla's public statement.......

"Your research as a private individual is better than professionals
@WSJ!
Data logs recovered so far show Autopilot was not enabled & this car did not purchase FSD. Moreover, standard Autopilot would require lane lines to turn on, which this street did not have."
At this point Tesla should actually start going after the press. The way this was covered and the wording can easily constitute as slander and into to harm Tesla as a company/business. I would be fine with Tesla setting aside a couple million to go after them.

At this point Tesla should actually start going after the press. The way this was covered and the wording can easily constitute as slander and into to harm Tesla as a company/business. I would be fine with Tesla setting aside a couple million to go after the.
I think Tesla would have dumped to our current SP without news given the macro..and now this news is giving it a little boost. However, all this nonsense damages the brand and I would sue all of them not having a retraction article asap.

ah yes, estimated taxes, I came close to having to do that one year when I sold some bitcoin but I was able to increase my withholdings in time to avoid writing a check.

I don't envy anyone that has to do estimated taxes on a regular basis, though I guess if the income is high enough I could put up with it.
Once you get the spreadsheet fine-tuned, it's not so bad. I hate to overpay, so I compute projected earnings based on the assumption that yearly earnings to date will average the same for the rest of the year. That approaches closer and closer to reality as the year progresses. I escrow the appropriate amount each month and pay quarterly. As someone else pointed out, capital gains are the end-of-year wild cards.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster
Well for one thing it's just talk at the moment. And talk 4 years out at that.

For another.....this was literally the primary goal of the master plan, to pull the entire marketplace into EV. This is the most wildly positive Tesla development imaginable. You want to be at the top of the market for everything, not for 1% of everything.
Well from the deployment of BEV perspective, I welcome Toyota (and Subaru) into the marketplace. It's the SP impact that concerns me. We'll see what happens when they introduce their bZ4X model next year. Both Toyota and Subaru are known for quality and it will be interesting to see if that carries over for their pure battery vehicles.

The rampant weekend FUD demoralized the home team leading to a loss and snapping the 2 game winning streak. After the game, Coach Elon had a few words to say about the matter, and that seems to be energizing the team for tomorrow's outing.

(does anyone know how to edit the table below so that the columns aren't so wide? It's not like that on my spreadsheet)

Today
Score:714.63
Margin of W/L:-25.15
Attendance:39,270,059
High - Low:33.60
Season
Record:37-36
Total margin of wins:872.40
Total margin of losses:-863.44
YTD gain/loss:8.961.27%
Best Win:110.58Mar 9
Worst Loss:-68.83Jan 11
Last 10:6-4
Streak:L1
Avg margin of victory:23.58
Avg margin of defeat:-23.98
Avg Attendance:38,380,217
Avg Attendance of Last 10:31,695,724
Avg High - Low:42.01
Avg H - L of Last 10:27.68

Elon was silent on whether there was anyone in the driver's seat. If Tesla recovered any data from the car they most certainly have this information.

I am inclined to believe that this information will be withheld until the cops give him an all clear about the investigation.

My guess: There was someone in the driver's seat.

I think most of this forum is usually armchair forensics, repetition of points, and speculation based on tid-bits of facts.
Seemingly things are moderated based on palatability of the topic to moderators, as there is little doubt this topic can have a major effect on share price.
To me it's like saying lets not discuss Q1 results until Tesla officially releases them. By that time, it's too late to act on things. It makes little sense. In the moderators own words the chief reason is to suppress peoples speech, as they do not find it constructive.
I agree generally. I will say that there is a point where enough is enough and it's just the same points being lobbed back and forth. We definitely hit that very early today.