Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What were the chances Elon didn't already know BTC was horrible on environmental/electric consumption grounds months ago- yet here we are.
4D chess leading BTC and other crypto currencies to pay more attention to energy efficiency / sustainable energy sources? Or random thoughts execution... I also would assume he knew, and he sure got everybody's attention about this highly Tesla mission relevant issue right now. Could be a leadership move. Could be not. I bet it is.

Our good old missed contributor basically months ago called out the dirty energy conflict.

Last edited:
Forward Observing

Why, with media published articles about short supply of gasoline are sales EV stocks not flying off the shelf?

Why, if fossil fuel supplies are crippling daily commutes; why are stocks like fossil fuels and fossil fuel automakers not tanking? That may take a bitcoin to sink in:)

Just pondering the obvious. Caught limit today! Got jury duty tomorrow:-(

Do we know if the new gpu is Nvidia or AMD in the Plaid S? If Nvidia it *could* be useful for mining. Or even if AMD, I wouldn't put it past Elon to make crypto that could be mined using the GPU. While I expect it could be done, it would not be trivial.
Nav23 got mining nerfed. The 2nd generation of Navi GPU mine worst than first generation of Navi GPU. Nvidia however are great at mining.

Btw when it comes to GPU mining, we are not talking about BTC as those are only mined by ASICs, not GPUs.

• Informative
Reactions: Discoducky
Do we know if the new gpu is Nvidia or AMD in the Plaid S? If Nvidia it *could* be useful for mining. Or even if AMD, I wouldn't put it past Elon to make crypto that could be mined using the GPU. While I expect it could be done, it would not be trivial.

It depends on the coin you're mining. A couple years back, i built a rig based on AMD Radeon Vega 64 cards that mined XMR (Monero) and several other similar coins at a rate and power efficiency level that was absolutely untouchable by any nVidia card. it just depends on the underlying algorithm.

miningRigTop.jpg

I'm glad Tesla has suspended its Bitcoin transactions. I have nothing against Bitcoin as a technology or a store of value, but it *IS* uniquely contrary to Tesla's stated mission of sustainability. I don't love the erratic swerving of direction, but I am glad they are now doing the right thing.

We are getting close to the March 8 close of 563. The next day it jumped $110. Anyone remember why it went up so much March 9th?

Was it strong China sales?

Generally I don't look for mechanistic reasons even though there is usually a catalyst. The market will decide when it's oversold or overbought and find a reason to rally or sell off. It's the rhythm of the market.

Was it strong China sales?

Generally I don't look for mechanistic reasons even though there is usually a catalyst. The market will decide when it's oversold or overbought and find a reason to rally or sell off. It's the rhythm of the market.
Yes.
March 9, 2021: Tesla (TSLA) surges on record performance in China and target raise

@jhm already has shown all where crypto currencies appropriately can be discussed. Moderators are not going to go through the work of moving many, many dozen posts there.

Regarding further such posts, though: Moderators WILL be biting Bitcoins on their non-obverse sides, and etherizing Ethereums as well.

Summarizing: no more crypto posts here.

Probably 3rd week of July. Delivery numbers should be out 2nd or 3rd of July. That should help. We have to survive the next 6 weeks (something I seem to think every freaking quarter....(excluding the run in 2020)).

Its been pointed out here before tesla tends to go down on bad news, down on good news, and up on no news. Earnings sent Tesla soaring ~twice in the last 2 years but most of the gains have come from just normal market days for the most part.

Its been pointed out here before tesla tends to go down on bad news, down on good news, and up on no news. Earnings sent Tesla soaring ~twice in the last 2 years but most of the gains have come from just normal market days for the most part.
Reminds me of the time some time between 2016 and 2019 when we went all in on leaps and they expired worthlessly because the market makers can stay short longer than multi year leaps expiration date. And the only way to win is to accumulate and HODL until that passes. Which in a way I am doing with this puts I wrote in the hope they would expire worthlessly... margin here we come :)