Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
😍😍 These guys are loving it.

If you think Bezos invested millions into media for the questionable profits, and not for the influence, then I suggest you reconsider your beliefs.

There are ways Bezos can direct the kind of stories that come out without hovering over the editor on every story. And if editors care about their future, there is plenty of incentive to fulfill the wishes he has made known. It's the only way his substantial investment makes any sense. It's not conspiratorial, it's common sense.
It's funny but early on I was for that purchase as WaPo would have likely folded or gone into some umbrella of corporate media. It used to be a great paper.

A majority of Tesla owners lean left. I think an enduring legacy of Tesla and the Media is that previously it was only the right wing that was openly hostile to "the media". Tesla FUD is causing more than a few on the left to feel the same way.

A majority of Tesla owners lean left. I think an enduring legacy of Tesla and the Media is that previously it was only the right wing that was openly hostile to "the media". Tesla FUD is causing more than a few on the left to feel the same way.
I just yesterday cancelled my sustaining membership to PBS/KQED. I’m still a sometimes listener; but they take too much money from players such as the Ford foundation, Carnegie foundation, and the Bill Gates (TSLA short) foundation. I attached a link to their corporate contributors list

More often in recent years I hear a negative slant on anything Tesla related; which I find ironic and very much contrary to their mission.

There is no large media outlet left who aren’t bought and paid for. It’s a shame.

Last edited:
I just yesterday cancelled my sustaining membership to KQED. I’m still a sometimes listener; but they take too much money from players such as the Ford foundation, Carnegie foundation, and the Bill Gates (short seller) foundation. I attached a link to their corporate contributors list

More often in recent years I hear a negative slant on anything Tesla related; which I find ironic and very much contrary to their mission.

There is no large media outlets left who aren’t bought and paid for. It’s a shame.

I was an avid reader and commenter on Slate.com for close to two decades. Their anti-Tesla FUD ended that. Their news was generally on the decline anyway. It went from solid analysis and information to more fluff and hit pieces. Perhaps not a coincidence that there were/are Wapo/Bezos connections. One article was complaining about Starlink ruining astronomy, with ZERO mention that Blue Origin was trying to do the same.

I think you're right. Shanghai loaded the Lake Geneva RoRo on May 5th....likely from April production sitting in the logistics yard on April 30th. Loading the ship took a day and a half. These vehicles would not have been included in the April "sales" reported by the China Passenger Car Association.

Shipments from Fremont and Shanghai continue at a blistering pace. Quoting others on this forum, "Q2 may be an epic head fake". FUD gives the appearance of problems but we will see another record quarter. Q2 ship loading time as of yesterday continues to be 38% ahead of Q1.

View attachment 662496

source of data: @FMossotto on Twitter
We also know that the sources for the CPCA are indirect. Thus strict definitions of 'sales' do not apply. Further the calculations of production, exports and sales are frequently subject to miscounts. Even the definitive global auto industry source for sales and production, Marklines, shows 20,438 Model 3 and 5407 Model Y for China April sales. That explicitly excludes exports.

These numbers have been revised twice thus far from credible sources. In my opinion there are several data changes happening with April forward, partly because Chinese registration and shipping data are themselves undergoing updates. From our perspective we need to understand that Tesla accounting conventions are not precisely equal to the Chinese data, partly because ownership in China changes hands prior to registration, not simultaneously. Another major change was the Shanghai Auto Show in April, which seems to have shifted quite a lot of sales from April to May.

Clearly there is not sufficient data to reach final conclusions about what happened in April. However, put in context it is impossible to end out with negative conclusions. That is my opinion, anyway. We also need to think about the continuing acceleration of sales in Europe as Tesla gradually adds Eastern and Southeastern Europe sales, Superchargers and support. Individually none of these are big markets. However we are very near Supercharger coverage including Greece and Turkey plus the connecting countries. China production will be dominant there until Germany is at scale.

So, looking at April in isolation for China sales quite misses the point. Tesla is rapidly going Europe-wide, and that will drive demand growth and development for China, Germany and beyond. Even if April misses China expectations the remainder of the Quarter is representing fundamental market expansions.

This will not be the last strange quarter as supplies move to fill initial demand in places completely off the TMC grid. There also is a substantial increase in economic activity in most of the new markets. Tesla MUST pay attention those developments before Brandenburg ramps up. Just watch the logistics and don't obsess over month to month in any country. Please!

Hopefully we’re realizing that the media‘s bias shouldn’t be viewed with right-wing or left-wing consideration. While many politically left leaning people haven’t had a problem with bias either because they couldn’t see it or they enjoyed it, bias in the media is toxic. Just like GM, or Ford (owners, employees, or investors) likely enjoy the Tesla FUD articles....the bias is still toxic and damaging. You shouldn’t ignore the bias just because it benefits your position, because it won’t always!

...There is no large media outlets left who aren’t bought and paid for. It’s a shame.

According to media critics like Noam Chomsky, large media outlets were always bought and paid for, but maybe more people were unaware of it because they didn't have direct experience contradicting the reporting, such as driving a Tesla themselves. Maybe increased awareness of the corruption is a step in the right direction -- another reason to be grateful for Tesla.

372102B0-B6F2-4AC4-8438-93CF2D9AD7EF.jpeg

According to media critics like Noam Chomsky, large media outlets were always bought and paid for, but maybe more people were unaware of it because they didn't have direct experience contradicting the reporting, such as driving a Tesla themselves. Maybe increased awareness of the corruption is a step in the right direction -- another reason to be grateful for Tesla.
This is a perfect example of; the more Teslas Tesla sells, the more Teslas Teslas’ sell.

I’ll admit before I rode in one I was effectively brainwashed by the MSM. But within a month of riding in one, I was an owner. Within 3 months I was an investor and have personally sold no less than 10 Teslas to family and friends.

My conviction has only grown with every software update, product release, and business development. There will be no stopping this freight train.

…and speaking of trains:

Last edited:
This is a perfect example of; the more Teslas Tesla sells, the more Teslas Teslas’ sell.

I’ll admit before I rode in one I was effectively brainwashed by the MSM. But within a month of riding in one, I was an owner. Within 3 months I was an investor and have personally sold no less than 10 Teslas to family and friends.

My conviction has only grown with every software update, product release, and business development. There will be no stopping this freight train.
And the reciproke applies to the MSM. They are already finding out that their FUD is not effective at all. Making them produce more and increasingly off the chart FUD. Thus reducing their credibility and missing more and more of the Gen Z future Tesla drivers.

My advice: Don't worry about the MSM fud. Focus on Tesla numbers in all senses and on Gen Z and their planet. They're on TikTok, Instagram and the like. And they're more aware of their future than older generations might imagine.

It looks like that prototype Cybertruck took a blow just forward of the tailgate (visible at 2 seconds into the above video).

Just a reminder that the Cybertruck may be tough but it's not indestructible. I've been baffled by the concern that it wouldn't crumple in an impact and thus transmit too much shock to the occupants. Current cars crumple like paper in an impact, Cybertruck will crumple like cardboard. So, no problem.