Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be great if this turned out to be a Plaid event, and not just an S Plaid event.

What are the chances that range will be significantly higher? I have a CT and Roadster on order because I wanted the 500 mile range. The 280 mile range on my 2019 X adds too much time to our road trips. I'd get a new X in a heartbeat if range was bumped to the mid 400s.
I think it would be great if Elon came out in a kilt!

It appears we are stuck at $3,000 pre-split like we were a few years back at $300. $3,000 is the new $300.
That means in about 5 years, $30,000 will be the new $3,000 or $6,000 post split.
Could do worse.
Looks as though I may have been a year or two early in my prediction. However, my number of $30k was pre-split vs. post split below.

2030 prediction.jpg

i don't think Tesla has a problem with upstaging the main subject of a presentation. The Semi reveal was upstaged by the "one more thing" Roadster reveal. Battery Day was upstaged by the "one more thing" Plaid reveal.
I understand the sentiment about not stealing the fire from the Model S, but seems to feel that simply delivering Model S is just a relief from the poorly executed transition to a refreshed Model S. To me it is phew that OK they are selling the S again. I am not excited about the car. Dont get me wrong I have a new LR on tentative order (have to get approval from the boss aka wife to go through with it) to replace our 2015. Event doesnt change anything about that order. I am simply excited that Model S deliveries are happening again and we will see in quarterly reports again.

So to drum up excitement again it is time to show final design of CyberTruck and Roadster. That would make it an event again. Have a final Tesla Semi rollout with an S, an X in it and then last out of the truck is an updated CyberTruck and Roadster and say we will tell you more about them in say September.

R.I.P. BMW.

I'm sure by the late 2020s when BMW wants to get into the scene with solid state batteries there are going to leapfrog everyone and win back all their market share they lost over the last decade :rolleyes: /s

This won't be popular but I'm not so sure. Tesla is blowing away the competition. Would a BMW with a generic battery (from a BMW factory) compete with a 4680 Tesla? No. They might be best saving their money, downsize their ICE staff, watch a few Munro videos and jump in a few years from now when the supply chain are 80% as good as Tesla.

The Vegas Loop is a hit with the people who have been using it. Great publicity for Tesla and for many people their first trip in a Tesla vehicle.

This won't be popular but I'm not so sure. Tesla is blowing away the competition. Would a BMW with a generic battery (from a BMW factory) compete with a 4680 Tesla? No. They might be best saving their money, downsize their ICE staff, watch a few Munro videos and jump in a few years from now when the supply chain are 80% as good as Tesla.
That's going to go over well with the German unions. But assuming they can do the downsizing, it will be almost impossible to build up their panache again after they've relegated themselves to a niche player with no development. Shareholders will also start dumping shares. Also the supply chain will be totally different because the specialty parts of the supply chain are just too different. Tires and wheels are about the only exception.

The Vegas Loop is a hit with the people who have been using it. Great publicity for Tesla and for many people their first trip in a Tesla vehicle.

Warren Redlich mentioned in his ten minute boring tunnel video that the one minute Vegas loop ride takes about thirty minutes if you were to walk the same distance in the convention center.

When discussing tesla I would ask people how much they would pay to take a ten minute ride from the Valley to downtown LA and skip the hour or more they typically spend in traffic.

Over the next decade FSD, boring tunnels, and battery advancements make TSLA a no brainer investment.

Ok so comments.

I'l sign up for the closer footage soon but the under covers car appears just to be a chassis unit, nothing special.

I absolutely am not planning on them unveiling anything, HOWEVER, they clearly are going to drive something onto the stage. Would it make sense to drive a new Model S on the stage that everyone has already seen and they're already all over the place? My bet on them unveiling something, or showing off an updated Cybertruck or Roadster just went from 5% to 30%. "UPC code"is clearly rumble strips for quality testing. I drove over something similar at the GM proving grounds while testing cars in the past.
As much as I'd like that to be the case I'm pretty sure tonight will be all about the new S & X and the ramp is there for one or the other to drive up on stage and Elon to climb out of it to start the festivities.

Warren Redlich mentioned in his ten minute boring tunnel video that the one minute Vegas loop ride takes about thirty minutes if you were to walk the same distance in the convention center.

When discussing tesla I would ask people how much they would pay to take a ten minute ride from the Valley to downtown LA and skip the hour or more they typically spend in traffic.

Over the next decade FSD, boring tunnels, and battery advancements make TSLA a no brainer investment.
The only thing that would derail TSLA as a 'no brainer' investment is essentially the demand problem 😊

Next decade? I'd like for Tesla to fast track FSD, full autonomy for the Boring Teslas in the next year. The talk/free advertising it would generate would be astounding.

Next decade? I'd like for Tesla to fast track FSD, full autonomy for the Boring Teslas in the next year. The talk/free advertising it would generate would be astounding.
To be honest if they can't get FSD working in the tunnels within the next few months that would be a terrible sign. These are the most controlled spaces possible. A roomba could manage.

Don't mean to P on your bonfire but these postings (or other very similar ADAS testing roles) have been on the Tesla careers site for at least 6 months.
I only remember the ADAS *ENGINEERING* roles from some months ago. That one is still listed i.e. for Berlin. Like ... be fluent in C++, have background in automotive etc. pp.

"Testing Autopilot" in "various cities" was not listed before iirc.