Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ideal scenario for me to Fade some TSLA @ $652 and simultaneously sold 650 PUT :)

Do not see any news or catalyst to correlate todays +30 gain.
I do. The market is realizing how much capacity Tesla has now, and how much they will have in the near future. Small things like dropping radar and these price increases that have happened in the past two months will keep margins higher then what analysts had expected. While Q2 is going to be nice, this price jump is about re-evaluating Q3. The insane margins on the S, plus the very likely tax credit will sell every 3 they can make at $39k plus and not require bringing out a Y SR yet in Q3. Y SR will come after Austin is not only open, but starting to ramp.

Perhaps a TSLA stock split is imminent. 🤔 ;)
Sometimes, I have dreams. Weird dreams where the perfect storm brews around a great quarterly report, coincidental with an annual meeting, where they vote to add shares enough to call a 10:1 split as soon as allowed.

Weird dreams I said. The next one has the Dow all tickled about the $65 stock price being in their realm of "affordable" and brings TSLA into the fold, which then opens the door for all those tied to the Dow to buy.

Like I said, weird dreams about perfect storms.

The MMs can't take MY dreams away. :cool: 🚀 🌛

Brilliant timing by Barrons,​

Tesla Stock Has Become a Snoozer. Here’s Why​

• June 23, 2021 10:44 am E

Electric-vehicle pioneer Tesla has become positively boring. The stock’s volatility is way down. Shares haven’t moved much lately. That might give Tesla bulls a breather. Still, for traders expecting more wild stock swings, it takes some getting used to. What Tesla stock needs are catalysts, which should arrive around year-end

By
Al Root
June 23, 2021 10:44 am ET

Last edited:
Any bets as to whether or not the media picks up on either the story that Model 3 and Y top the US made list or that Elon, hated as a greedy billionaire lives in a tiny manufactured home?

I expect the media will maximize BOTH those stories, we all know how they like anything with "Tesla" in the headline to get lots of clicks! 🤩🤩🤩

Er, wait...Those stories might not be quite significant enough to be newsworthy...Yup, missed it by a hair. :confused:

At half-time, we've already exceeded yesterday's volume:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-06-23.12-45.png

Cheers!

As @Curt Renz often reminds us, I wonder if there is some buying for window dressing. The funds that disclose Q2 holdings may want to show more Tesla as part of their portfolio at June 30. But if that were the case, why all of a sudden today?
I made my case earlier for NorgesBank to make their move this quarter- they already own some* - and, although window dressing is not, to the best of my knowledge and remembrance, of any utility to them whatsoever, it also could be the case that their avowed portfolio shifting also only now has enabled them to start making their move.
I fully - okay: formally - expect them to be a shareholder of at least the same magnitude as Bailie Gifford and Fidelity had been/are.

*more even than I have!😁

Does this set us up for an inevitable and incomprehensible [to me] dip to "fill the gap" later in the week?

Lol, not much of a gap there; Monday's high was above today's low. Right now, every little $2 dip is being bought up agressively (look at the volume).

I'd be more watching the Upper-BB as a tgt for shortzes, but so far buyers are showing up.

Cheers!