Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sold an 850 call earlier. The 840 was the popular one. I bet this pattern is common on a run up, when people start believing they can just exercise them, they hold the ones just under the common numbers. I'm thinking this has more to go into the week, with even more Tesla news coming I bet...

Shorts: Just close your eyes.

In OT Super-news, my hometown in BC should be getting a SC later this year. Plus it's a key stop along Canada's Hwy 1. This could be in response to cold climate effects on range.

I also noticed a butt load of destination chargers in the Penticton area of BC. I bet that's where all the Tesla's are going in Canada (after Vancouver). That area is like the retirement dream lake, wine and fruit country (but don't tell anyone). World's biggest Salmon run nearby, they swim all the way up from Vancouver to lay eggs and die. You can almost walk on the Salmon across the river. So amazing, and yet I don't fish much at all. Hopefully it's still that way today.

1624554558028.png

But

Attachments

• 1624554092404.png
    1624554092404.png
    813.8 KB · Views: 47
Can someone help spin this as a positive for shareholders? My competitive nature is blinding me ATM
When Gov'ts partner with Tesla on their charging networks, all ships rise.
Huge marketing boost, just in time for Tabless charging speeds to take off.
Recommend they keep the same look and logo on them all. Lots to negotiate here, but the upside is really good me thinks.

Can someone help spin this as a positive for shareholders? My competitive nature is blinding me ATM
Lots of Tesla haters out there. Maybe they will change their mind if Tesla got them out of a sketchy situation.

Overall this is great for branding. Also your rate will be a profit center for Tesla, and most likely charge slower. So tesla will be making more money while slowly converting other brand buyers to Tesla as they sit there paying 2x more and charting 2x slower.

What is the market cap for Shell/Sinclair/Etc.? Tesla getting into the global refueling EV business is $$$. Maybe another 1-2T in future market cap? Would you buy an ID4 instead of a Model Y just because it could charge at a Supercharger? Put a VW owner next to a bunch of Tesla owners to charge, and see what they buy next time. Win-Win.

They'll be gone next week, lol. It's so tempting, but I do not need one.

It's a teaser, but but no Plaid for me. Cybertruck and an Electric Boat will take it... so where's the TMC party?

I picked up 2 calls last week and 4 more yesterday (thinking what am I doing buying options while the stonk is rising?). Up 60% and 33% respectively.
This is the first time I've owned calls in a long time. Lucky or what? Still held all my chairs (-25 to pay for all). It was just a hunch I guess. Hopefully I can still get SpaceX shares (feel like I sinned). 🚀🚀🚀.
Me too, (Roads in Southeast Alaska limited); Cybertruck and what kind of electric boat, is it the Swedish Candela ( Homepage - Candela)

Either the others pay more or the incumbents will pay some amount upfront/recurring as a user fee.
More Tesla Energy, replacing Gas Stations one at a time.
Now the restaurant Business looks good - more traffic.
When competition see Tesla's cars charging and going in and out in half the time as them, I guess they will make a better decision next time.

Tesla opening SC means they don't see SC as a moat. There are more focussed on the EV disruption tidal wave and based on their product line they know that they can satisfy/keep their market share regardless of the competition.

If opened to competition, they must ensure supply/demand is met, so that would mean SC has to scale greatly.

Me too, (Roads in Southeast Alaska limited); Cybertruck and what kind of electric boat, is it the Swedish Candela ( Homepage - Candela)
Candela wrote me back last month, price was $270K. Delivered? Sorry, cool but... I will make my own if needed.

I've seen others do it with the Tesla batteries. Boats are the next frontier. Exhaust in water without any filters. Lead cell Batteries line the bottom of Lake Powell (you'll see soon enough). Cybertruck to the rescue with swappable boat charging. May need tri-motor with 500+mi, but maybe the dual is sandbagging specs for future range unlocking, we'll see. Considering a deposit on both to secure FSD with also should explode in value very soon (and become unavailable soon after that).

Sept 2022 (in norway at least)

IIRC the actual cost was NOWHERE NEAR 500 million. He bought puts, he didn't short stock.

Alex Voigt tweeted:

Twitter message text:

The article from @ElectrekCo about this matter is factually wrong. First its indeed just 1 single new Supercharger the document refers to & secondly to draw conclusions about the global SC Network is incorrect and made up A credible source confirmed the article is nonsense!

Candela wrote me back last month, price was $270K. Delivered? Sorry, cool but... I will make my own if needed.

I've seen others do it with the Tesla batteries. Boats are the next frontier. Exhaust in water without any filters. Lead cell Batteries line the bottom of Lake Powell (you'll see soon enough). Cybertruck to the rescue with swappable boat charging. May need tri-motor with 500+mi, but maybe the dual is sandbagging specs for future range unlocking, we'll see. Considering a deposit on both to secure FSD with also should explode in value very soon (and become unavailable soon after that).
I want one too! 2 problems:
1. Need a bigger mooring, mine is only 2.50 m and the boat is 2.45.
2. Need a Tesla with towing package (Y).

Also might need power outlet by the bridge.

Time will solve these!

What is the market cap for Shell/Sinclair/Etc.? Tesla getting into the global refueling EV business is $$$. Maybe another 1-2T in future market cap? Would you buy an ID4 instead of a Model Y just because it could charge at a Supercharger? Put a VW owner next to a bunch of Tesla owners to charge, and see what they buy next time. Win-Win.
This seems dangerous. What happens if MY owners start taking interest in that sexy ID4 quadruple colour scheme?
1624560139376.png

It never squared up in my head; how could the US further subsidize GM but not Tesla with EV credits? This makes credits a problem and I bet Ford wants to take #2 spot and just fine with how things are at this moment.

Same with infrastructure for the grid - batteries yes, but who's batteries and how are they connected to the grid?

I think Congress doesn't want (or need) to fuel Tesla's growth in either of these cases, but they need it to happen in order to meet climate goals. And there's the struggle because nobody else is ready with MegaWatt delivery today like Tesla. Therefore, I think Tesla will just continue to lead the effort and can probably do it faster than gov't anyway. The Tesla Network will expand in 3D.

It never squared up in my head; how could the US further subsidize GM but not Tesla with EV credits? This makes credits a problem and I bet Ford wants to take #2 spot and just fine with how things are at this moment.

Same with infrastructure for the grid - batteries yes, but who's batteries and how are they connected to the grid?

I think Congress doesn't want (or need) to fuel Tesla's growth in either of these cases, but they need it to happen in order to meet climate goals. And there's the struggle because nobody else is ready with MegaWatt delivery today like Tesla. Therefore, I think Tesla will just continue to lead the effort and can probably do it faster than gov't anyway. The Tesla Network will expand in 3D.
Its worse then that. We are funding Ford's Mexican EV, Porsches German EV, all of Hyundia's Korean EV's, but not GM's partially US one and nothing from Tesla which is the most American EV. We are working against the interests of America leaving things unchanged. I would rather have the EV credit eliminated then have it stand the way it is today.

At this point I would guess it will continue to rise to somewhere in the $700's over the next two to three days, probably the low $700's before stalling out in a choppy manner (volatility) for 2-5 trading days before dropping sharply back to $630's or so with a smaller chance of a drop into the $500's. This could even happen after a relatively bullish Production & Delivery report or earnings release. But I do expect it to be above current levels within three or four months from now.

Very well stated, essentially the opposite of what a TSLA follower would consider logical moves. Volume is super-low(obv not today) relative to normal trading and MM's can move SP easily, so they'll likely move it to their own internal max pain. It costs nothing to naked short if you don't get caught with your pants down. Then they simply cover prior to any obvious potential takeoff events like 2Q P&D.

In a vacuum this almost sounds like the description of proper market making, they're just making way too much other money off this.

Let me know when this line of thinking becomes public consensus and we can assume they'll flip strategy.