Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Zapruder checking in here.

One of the batteries was upside down?

The cells are reversed on purpose, its part of the physical way they implement parallel vs serial connections.

As an example a pack might be 4,416 cells in a 46p, 96s arrangement (p for parallel, s for series) and the cells would alternate orientation as needed to create the change in wiring so that they aren't all wired into 4,416 in series or 4,416 in parallel.

Flipping the cells as needed allows the wiring to all be on the top of the pack instead of having to have wiring on the top and bottom.

For any of you that watch weekly's, has the IV collapsed yet after the P&D report?
My TWS sais that IV for next weeks options went from 51.6% to 39.7%
Monthlys from 50.2% to 46.1%
The further out the lower the impact.

This is the IV projected to other share-prices:
Screenshot_20210702_213925.png

07/09 in blue, 07/16 in yellow.

"Sir I stopped you today for that visual obstruction on your hood. Does it not block your view while driving?" CHP of Antelope Valley wrote in a Facebook post about the incident.

CHP added that the motorist replied: "Only when I make right turns."

I am dying 😀

Zapruder checking in here.

One of the batteries was upside down?

View attachment 680768
I think those cells were individually placed there for the photo. In the packs thus far, they have thinish bond wires to the bus bars so pulling an intact group of cells is an undertaking.

Flipping the cells as needed allows the wiring to all be on the top of the pack instead of having to have wiring on the top and bottom.
Sort of. On the original S/X packs, the cell orientarion was reversed for each series group, this allowed for large bus bars on each side that joined the parallel cells and also connected the series sets.

3/Y has all the 2170 cells in the same orientation and all connections on top. 4680 packs will likely do the same thing and 18650s can too.
Tesla Model 3 Battery Current Collector: Radically Different Design

General comment:
In the event of sudden 12V power loss, the electric parking brake will not activate and the car will free roll.
Not to be confused with driving on its own...

How long do you think it will be before Tesla has the first quarterly sales number that surpass Ford's sales for the entire year?

But, but, but....Ford knows how to make high quality cars in high volumes. Of course, someone has to want them for that to matter!

26.9% drop in Fords most profitable gas guzzlers. that's gonna leave a mark! A beauty mark that is!

As previously noted 200k Global Tesla Deliveries vs 475k US Ford Sales.

Ford lost almost half of Q2 production due to parts shortages from suppliers.

Ford has thousands perhaps 10s of thousands of F Series built and stored in three factory parking lots waiting for microchips. F Series inventory is at record lows.

As previously noted 200k Global Tesla Deliveries vs 475k US Ford Sales.

Ford lost almost half of Q2 production due to parts shortages from suppliers.

Ford has thousands perhaps 10s of thousands of F Series built and stored in three factory parking lots waiting for microchips. F Series inventory is at record lows.

I understand all that. But it appears you are under the impression that Ford is not already shrinking. Do you think they will hit their peak annual sales ever again?

And knowing how to manufacture vehicles in high volume includes being competent at sourcing the parts you don't make yourself (which is a surprisingly high percentage for Ford). If you have a fragile supply chain, well, that's all part of your manufacturing competence (or lack thereof). Because you can't manufacture many vehicles with a broken supply chain.

Last edited: