Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forward Observing:

Fantastic thing about the human mind we can make ourselves believe anything as the truth.

Yesterday, we stopped to feed our addiction of fresh fruit. Raspberry’s and ~ well I call them blackberry’s, they call them marionberries, some call them boysenberries. Bottom line, I noticed a Model Y drive in to the parking lot. Time wise, I assumed the driver had time to arrive in line, so I asked if she drove in the Model Y. No, she said and replied, but we have a vintage “T-bird.” A moment passed, and she asked, “what is a Model Y?” I greened, but before I could answer, the the fruit stand gal answered, “they are all electric cars, I have a Model 3, and my current boyfriend has a Model Y!” That my friend, is why Tesla sells electric cars like no other, quarter, after quarter ~ despite the FUD. I’ll almost bet you she will find out more about Tesla’s and . . . Grabbed our flat and a half before heading to breakfast.:cool:

All relevant info is highlighted, FUD for CT starting....Bullish signal that everyone is scared sh1tless.

View attachment 684759
View attachment 684760
View attachment 684761
View attachment 684762
Hmm, can't imagine why someone that doesn't get invited to the reveal and gets spiffed by other OEM's with dinner at Spago would have a negative attitude towards Tesla.

I'll point out that you don't need to have a vehicle inside a garage to charge it. I put an outlet on the side of my house before I built my garage.
True, but in the UK, you might not have a drive/parking outside house (although many with garages do). It was more a point about any stats about garages & houses doesn't tell the full story.

I'm just trying to identify the likely FUD discussion routes/blockers to adoption - which have moved from "milkfloat" to "hours to charge" to "home charging impossible for most" as the major disinformation/reluctance points. In the UK, fixing charging for terrace & flat (apartment) dwelling is one of the LAST obstacles to widespread EV acceptance (and resulting adoption). My weather gauge (way of monitoring) for this is the comment section in Daily Mail/Money articles. These have shifted a lot recently, with a lot more rebuttal of nonsense ideas like batteries only lasting for 3 years & how "diesel/hydrogen is better for the environment". Old towns in Italy are even harder to deal with, but might have more of a collective attitude. So, if charging at least once a week at 50kw+ or workplace / destination charging for enough hours is available, this last piece of anti-EV FUD can be countered.

1626547976778.png

Last edited:
If the Model X can tow an airplane, what can a Cybertruck tow?

I tried to look for what's 14,000 pounds (7 tons):

• 1 T-Rex
  • 3 Rhinoceros
  • 4 Cars
  • 9.5 Cows
  • 12 Grizzly Bears
  • 14 Grand Pianos
  • 15 Horses
  • 85 Beer Kegs
  • 500 Gold Bars
That last one's good to know for when I cash out. Although I might want to replace 6 gold bars for a keg.

• Helpful
Reactions: saniflash
OT: Tesla sandbagging as usual 😜 the Model S Long Range is faster and probably quicker than the Model S Performance. Tesla is holding power off the line, 1.9-1.8 60' is terrible. Best trap speed 129.75mph on a 10.869sec run:

I assume there will be a performance upgrade down the road
I love that for the new MS ….the “slow” one is a 10 second car!

You aren't getting the point. FSD should be priced at whatever price maximizes revenue.

Are you under the impression the people running Tesla don't understand that?

What do you think they're basing the price on otherwise?

My point is that number ($10k up front or $199/mo) is way too high

Well, your opinion is that it's too high.

The opinion of the folks that created the first successful new US car company in 100+ years is that it's exactly right.

On what facts or first principle thinking did you arrive at your opinion to explain why it's different from theirs?

Seems like if FSD could take the car to a supercharger, charge (via snake charger or similar) and return home….well there’s some more FSD takers!
Eventually, I'd hope so. In the meantime, workplaces having charging would be ideal, visitor & employee spots. Unfortunately, new buildings are often only allowed 1 parking spot for every 3 employees (to encourage use of buses etc). Customers are going to be visiting in EVs, so visitor spots should have charging.

Eventually, I'd hope so. In the meantime, workplaces having charging would be ideal, visitor & employee spots. Unfortunately, new buildings are often only allowed 1 parking spot for every 3 employees (to encourage use of buses etc).
This was tried in Vancouver some years ago. It turned out that there were more buses than there was downtown road space. So not successful.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
For countries where there is a special car tax levied on new cars, the purchase of FSD was discouraged I. Two ways. Either you buy it with a discount at the time of purchase but then pay the special car tax over FSD, or buy it later but then you don’t get the discount. Subscription will take way this pain.
Plus ANNUAL "Benefit In Kind" (BIK) taxes. Could avoid luxury car tax, VAT, being over an incentive price limit

There was this post a few days ago by @ZeApelido. Someone decoded that the 65.6% is the US homeownership rate. So yes, maybe a new source for batteries coming soon.

Well we could have a situation where Kato road is now producing batteries to acceptable standard for sale, but with Berlin and Austin not yet ready for car production, there are no vehicles for the batteries to go into.

Tesla could either stockpile those batteries for ~6 months until one of the new factories is ready, or they could adjust a stationary energy storage product design that could use them right now instead.