Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done research into Tesla's suppliers? We know who the large ones are, however some of the smaller ones are likely ramping up nicely with the upcoming increase in Tesla production. I'm trying to think of components that may be enough of a specialty that they aren't already mass produced. for example the vision cameras vs chips.
I recall reading about one of the camera suppliers in a teaser newsletter, can't locate it now - but in tech news recently: Omnivision is the company providing at least the rear view camera chip for Tesla - owned by Chinese company WiII semi, traded on Shanghai exchange and corresponding US based exchanges.
Considering the market for all camera equipped gadgets, might be a good candidate for the What other stocks to consider thread

Considering that the DJIA components are decided by the WSJ - with their standard established businesses anti Tesla FUD, I don't see this happening till they are forced to do so, much like the S&P 500 dragged their feet for as long as they could.

A more likely source for a split would be from Tesla's internal decision makers - but why and when would they want to do it?

Why: could be to compensate for the overall USD de facto devaluation (or real inflation, which is about 10%) - meaning, hedge funds and financial giants / entities (FINHF) make tons of profit from their usual manipulations and the free Fed distribution** of paper/ digital $, so to not see its own USD reserves lose their value (relative to FINHF) Tesla could do another scalping of the Hedge Funds fake shorts like it did earlier, collecting $5B to "save" them, issuing them real TSLA shares to cover.
The other alternative, buying BTC has been put on hold re pollution impact as Elon /Tesla decided.

When: clueless here - best argument I recall someone here mentioning earlier would be better for Tesla' employee stock participation/ distribution - also wondering how the Hedge Funds fake shorts have prepared for another potential split, have they planned a new escape route, or just accept its happening again as a cost of doing business ? (comments/ feedback welcome)

FYI - from Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) Definition the most recent changes and its current 30 components, clearly some of these should be swapped with Tesla *if* they were rational - but we know few things are rational/ reasoned anymore these days.

On June 26, 2018, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. replaced General Electric Company. In addition, United Technologies merged with Raytheon Company and the new corporation entered the index as Raytheon Technologies, while DowDuPont spun off DuPont and was replaced by Dow Chemical Company in 2020 and 2019, respectively.

On Aug. 24, 2020, Salesforce, Amgen, and Honeywell were added to the Dow, replacing ExxonMobil, Pfizer, and Raytheon Technologies.

(**) Fed loans at near zero interest rates or probably never to be repaid among other anomalies of our financial apparatus.
Components of both the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average are selected by S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC. S&P Global is the majority shareholder: Wikipedia - S&P Dow Jones Indices

I'm pretty sure it says 1.5TWh of energy storage.

Well, yes- as is made obvious when I actually quote it directly below with the correct figure.

Thanks for the disagree for the obvious (and even corrected with the correct info in bold in the same post) typo though.

I recall reading about one of the camera suppliers in a teaser newsletter, can't locate it now - but in tech news recently: Omnivision is the company providing at least the rear view camera chip for Tesla - owned by Chinese company WiII semi, traded on Shanghai exchange and corresponding US based exchanges.
Considering the market for all camera equipped gadgets, might be a good candidate for the What other stocks to consider thread

The other cameras are all the Aptina AR0132- Aptina is owned by ON Semiconductor

• Informative
Reactions: wtlloyd
Components of both the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average are selected by S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC. S&P Global is the majority shareholder: Wikipedia - S&P Dow Jones Indices
Indeed, my mistake - was being really sloppy, the inbreeding /cross breeding in the Wall Street crowd being .. what it is - Douglas Peterson, CEO of S&P Global who controls 73% of the joint venture running the DJI index - is also COO of Citibank .. umm so in short the WSJ is directed by Wall Street. - my upside down conflating sort of mistake .. the WSJ journal just publishes what Wall Street folks decide .. they don't determine the DJI index.
I need another drink - uh or maybe I shouldn't have had one ; D

I had a well paying job and put my entire life savings into TSLA since 2013.... But, my brother has a lot fewer shares than me, and he has also learned to make more than he does as a surgeon by selling options. (However, do it wrong, and you can lose A LOT).
95DA07AE-0704-4827-A41B-33991F26270C.jpeg

If you sold Leaps when the SP was in the $900-850 range when IV was 100+ compared to todays 40 IV and SP you would have made a killing. 😭Why did I BTC the Leaps that I sold at a lost.
Jun 2023 $1700 strikes were selling for $300 in February. I still remember clearly staring at the screen thinking "should I sell some? But I think TSLA is worth more than $1700 a share...". I wish I sold some now lol.

Haven't shown this in a while.

Observations
  • No significant changes since 6 months ago - it's still a long way to catch AAPL and AMZN
  • Our sample Big Oil stock - Royal Dutch Shell - continues to slide. Further to the latest IPCC report, may they all just "flame out".
  • In 2021, why would anybody still buy a BMW?? Oh, right, because Tesla is back-ordered.
1628558599082.png

Haven't shown this in a while.

Observations
  • No significant changes since 6 months ago - it's still a long way to catch AAPL and AMZN
  • Our sample Big Oil stock - Royal Dutch Shell - continues to slide. Further to the latest IPCC report, may they all just "flame out".
  • In 2021, why would anybody still buy a BMW?? Oh, right, because Tesla is back-ordered.
Good chart, but can we remove Nikola and put a company that that doesn't have their ex CEO indicted for fraud.

I really wonder if we'll see any new colors out of Austin? I sure do hope so.