Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this a couple of days ago in the gigafactory thread:
View attachment 694542

Improvements in this thread pls:
Gigafactory locations and products
I guess you dont use dark mode:
1628565233753.png

That's what I thought. So when those questions go out, we should have an idea of if they are even considering a split. If nothing about raising the cap is in there, we know it is if off the table for a year.

Actually, Tesla management could call for a special meeting without warning. Just calling a special meeting for the purpose of authorizing more shares would be a sight to behold in terms of share price action. And there's not a doggone thing the SEC could do about it. :)

Not sure whether this was shared here or whether everyone is already aware of it:
Sandy Munro do not own Tesla stock anymore, or any stock on that matter.

He said he made some money trading it in and out, but later found out if he wants do interviews on the topic, he can not own the stock, so he “have to sell it and call it the day”.

This is great news to me, as I always thought he still owns the stock and has been subconsciously discounting his remarks on Tesla products. Now knowing this, it adds tons of credibility back.

Also, as always, great interview, it’s hard to listen to Sandy talking about Tesla’s technology lead and not be like “Bullish AF”.

Last edited:
Seeing some numbers starting to float around about China July deliveries.

As I predicted the hit piece focused on China local delivery number and saying how much it declined and didn’t mention exports at all.

So don’t be surprised by FUDs folks.

Not linking it since it doesn’t look to be originated from CPCA.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Not sure whether this was shared here or whether everyone is already aware of it:
Sandy Munro do not own Tesla stock anymore, or any stock on that matter.

He said he made some money trading it in and out, but later found out if he wants do interviews on the topic, he can not own the stock, so he “have to sell it and call it the day”.

This is great news to me, as I always thought he still owns the stock and has been subconsciously discounting his remarks on Tesla products. Now knowing this, it adds tons of credibility back.

Also, as always, great interview, it’s hard to listen to Sandy talking about Tesla’s technology lead and not be like “Bullish AF”.
I call B.S. Of course he could do interviews on EV's owning TSLA - just would have to put out a disclaimer that he owns some -
Or to address here @WarpedOne following comment, he could simply own ARKK or Baron's BPTRX - or simply not care being labeled a Tesla fan. Detractors will always cook up some reason to FUD positive commenters, we know why.

So possibly for PR reasons not wanting to alienate current and potential clients. More likely because he doesn't feel as comfortable about financial matters (including shenanigans, legal/ accepted or not) as he does engineering things. TBH it does take a huge amount of time, not everyone wants to/ can spend that much time/ energy. Most prefer to go the safe route and go with trusted financial advisors, or soulless mindless odorless BRKA type funds. And he probably got sea sick trading TSLA.

[Rant Begin] Probably also, like the majority of folks in the US (over the age of say 19) he doesn't really appreciate what global warming is or its causes. And like many, even Tesla fans, happily going on super polluting cruises, etc.
Global warming, which incidentally the newly released Tesla Impact Report with Rob Maurer's Tesla Daily excellent narrated version tackles masterfully

TSLA.IPC.report.jpg

Which (super rant) few will bother to read/ understand or translate into action.

Need to start a fundraiser for public awareness /education campaign. instead of these $B spent on marketing toys, entertainment, movies, self serving politicians and parties, mindless tourism, unhealthy food and medicines etc

[Rant End]

Last edited:
>> I call B.S. Of course he could do interviews on EV's owning TSLA - just would have to put out a disclaimer that he owns some

Unfortunately disclaimer would not help, it would just put an even bigger target on his back as "yet another tesla fanboi pumping the stock".

Not owning TSLA at least removes this stupid BS objection and one needs to look elsewhere to find excuse for dissing his words.

Moneyball is reporting wholesale units (most likely export + domestic sales):
Tesla #China Jul wholesale at 32,968 units. (CPCA)

Somewhat disappointing production number, but then again I was looking for about 40k production. It looked like there was about 2-3k cars still on the gigafactory lot on July 30th which weren’t counted towards sales or exports. So looks like production was about 35-36k for the month.

It’s an increase over April’s production by about 8k. Guess we’ll have to see if Aug and Sept ramp up more

Somewhat disappointing production number, but then again I was looking for about 40k production. It looked like there was about 2-3k cars still on the gigafactory lot on July 30th which weren’t counted towards sales or exports. So looks like production was about 35-36k for the month.

It’s an increase over April’s production by about 8k. Guess we’ll have to see if Aug and Sept ramp up more
We've seen some boats leave China before end of month & arrive next month. Reasons include port problems (including covid) & lack of ships. I don't know how many are in transit, some of the ship trackers could guess. This could add a good chunk more, but I'm speculating.

Ending the delivery wave would be welcome by many customers.

Ultimately, production is most important as they all sell. Tesla just have to weigh up the various factors in seeding markets, maximising profit & short-term incentives