Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So wtf caused it to "burst" into flames? Sounds pretty suspect to moi...

The price action this afternoon was encouraging, but I'm going to refrain from getting too excited until we really start busting out of this range.

Volume was higher at 17M today (that's good), but still below average. (And that average has been dropping lately). I would expect MMs to drop the price to the desired target tomorrow short of any news.

All it takes is a whale to decide to do some accumulating to spike the price. It's happened before on no news (and on a Friday no less!). With that said, I'm not holding my breath for a big rise tomorrow (well, since I'm short some calls at $750, maybe a little :)).

Reactions: WattsHappening
All it takes is a whale to decide to do some accumulating to spike the price. It's happened before on no news (and on a Friday no less!). With that said, I'm not holding my breath for a big rise tomorrow (well, since I'm short some calls at $750, maybe a little :)).
Remember though, tomorrow is Friday the 13th...

Around the recent turn of the month, TSLA popped upward well above its 200-day SMA (simple moving average) amid strong trading volume. Then it became channeled into a narrowing pennant as volume withered. The usual resolution of such a pennant is a resumption of the previous trend amid increased volume. That may have commenced today.

... I really don't understand why people think Tesla is always the victim of some kind of world wide conspiracy when our marketcap is every auto maker combined. Tesla is now king..yes maybe having a reliable supplier was a problem before when Tesla was on the verge of bankruptcy for a good 7 years but not today folks.

The world is rife with conspiracies though the stakes and the quality of the conspirators vary.

The knives have long been out for Elon and Tesla for the very same reasons that Tesla’s market capitalization is so high: These reasons would be the fact that their vehicles are superior to ICE cars, their amazing success in the market, their tremendous growth rate, and so on.

The stakes don’t get much higher than in the "Great Game" of energy geopolitics. The fate of nations has and will continue to hinge on energy and closely aligned industries, such as vehicle manufacturing and agriculture.

What is OPEC but a conspiracy? Such collusion is illegal between businesses within nations. What is Dieselgate but a conspiracy? Do you think a single ICE OEM would have done such repugnant deeds solo?

BTW, Tesla is nowhere near king yet.

tl;dr: Means, motive, and opportunity.

edit: Modified poor word choice.

Last edited:
The world is rife with conspiracies though the stakes and the quality of the conspirators varies.

The long knives have long been out for Elon and Tesla for the very same reasons that Tesla’s market capitalization is so high: These reasons would be the fact that their vehicles are superior to ICE cars, their amazing success in the market, their tremendous growth rate, and so on.

The stakes don’t get much higher than in the "Great Game" of energy geopolitics. The fate of nations has and will continue to hinge on energy and closely aligned industries, such as vehicle manufacturing and agriculture.

What is OPEC but a conspiracy? Such collusion is illegal between businesses within nations. What is Dieselgate but a conspiracy? Do you think a single ICE OEM would have done such repugnant deeds solo?

Poor wording wrt your choice of weaponry; otherwise, good.

Around the recent turn of the month, TSLA popped upward well above its 200-day SMA (simple moving average) amid strong trading volume. Then it became channeled into a narrowing pennant as volume withered. The usual resolution of such a pennant is a resumption of the previous trend amid increased volume. That may have commenced today.

I believe this is the Carson Block 'penitence' pattern technically speaking although it is easily confused by ear.

Even worse -> the government 👀

In my hierarchy of useless institutions I put corporate news far worse than government even and I'm fairly laissez faire in predisposition. We'd all be smarter if we read actual .gov sites before reading .news

Carson Block would have a lot more credibility if he just admitted he was wrong. Instead he invests based on his dreams?

Even through the worst of times it was clear Tesla needed to get to production scale to be profitable and have free cashflow. It was just a question of whether they would get there before the capital market shutdown for them.

The world is rife with conspiracies though the stakes and the quality of the conspirators vary.

The knives have long been out for Elon and Tesla for the very same reasons that Tesla’s market capitalization is so high: These reasons would be the fact that their vehicles are superior to ICE cars, their amazing success in the market, their tremendous growth rate, and so on.

edit: Modified poor word choice.
Yeah sure, lots of maybe this and that out there. But we shouldn't rely on "maybe it's because big oil" and play victim nonstop. Stick to truths when avaliable. Don't brush truths away because some conspiracy explains it more favorably.

Yeah sure, lots of maybe this and that out there. But we shouldn't rely on "maybe it's because big oil" and play victim nonstop. Stick to truths when avaliable. Don't brush truths away because some conspiracy explains it more favorably.
Sure, any fool can plop on a tinfoil hat.

Learning to walk the cat backwards is neither easy nor a mean feat. Indeed, it is an invaluable skill.

It is also, as the saying goes, hard to teach young dogs old tricks.

Reactions: WarpedOne
I'm afraid this recent comment confirms a former member here has truly gone off the deep end.

Tesla's now offering Model Y for substantially *more* than the VW ID.4. The ID.4 literature, quite correctly, has a list of all the ways the ID.4 is superior to the Model Y. The only advantage Model Y actually has is the better Supercharger network, but Electrify America is catching up fast.

I'm actually impressed at how much VW has undercut Tesla on price, while making a car which is actually more luxurious and has more consistent build quality. I got it because I wanted a car with decent customer service and Tesla has been absolutely appalling since roughly 2016.