Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can bet your butt that the $TSLAQ psychopaths have been blanket reporting, emailing, texting, Twittering and calling these people - same as they were filing bogus safety reports for years

that seems like a lot of work to try and keep a stock down. It would be a lot easier for them to just switch to long and have a drink on the beach. Then they would actually make money instead of losing it hand over fist.

that seems like a lot of work to try and keep a stock down. It would be a lot easier for them to just switch to long and have a drink on the beach. Then they would actually make money instead of losing it hand over fist.
They're not looking to make money on $TSLA, the money comes from perpetuating the oil-age

Do you think that would fly? If a car on FSD causes an accident and NHTSA or NTSB or whoever asks “why did it move that way?“ and Tesla can only shrug and say “because the neural net told it to” I think that could be a problem. Without some ‘reasoning’ behind its actions it seems much harder to create trust.

But… they know better than me. I guess we’ll see.
I would expect the car to save the NN logs for a short time before the accident. It should then be possible to see the NN's logic pathway.

This NHTSA investigation is just short-term noise in the long-term $TSLA investor scheme of things.

I think that's mostly true.

However, this is a Federal Agency taking official action. It has the feeling of FUD that is better organized and funded at higher levels and might have longer staying power. It requires a sustained lobbying at the agency (in this case I think the NTSB), maybe even getting people sympathetic to your cause installed at high levels within either that agency or, heaven forbid, the administration at the executive level. I think it's part of a longer-term FUD campaign that is not driven by Wall Street shorts or other financial types but by big auto and maybe even funded by big oil via big auto. This is not a wacky conspiracy theory, it's how the world is proven to work. Yes, it's a sad reality and no, it's not funny.

That's what this has the feeling of. Up until now the NHTSA seems to have mostly resisted pressure to use a heavy hand with Tesla. They are a pragmatic, data-driven agency as far as federal agencies go. But the NTSB is a different type of agency, more political and more corrupt. None of this means this effort will be effective - the bad actors could end up being laughed out of town (lose influence). Or, it could be a building movement. It matters how robust and well planned the effort is. The late timing of this effort potentially indicates something that has been in the works for a couple of years or more.

More research into the recent histories of changes of the people with influence within these agencies is called for in order to be able to draw better conclusions.

Warning for those faint of heart.............we are now in classic 'double bottom' territory (try not thinking about that)

TSLA could/should simply be returning to the 2 year trendline on a double bottom move after breaking out of the 6 month negative run - with some macro events of Afghanistan and plenty of pre-AI Day FUD piled on top. Of course we will overshoot the 675 on the way down - that is the place on the 2 year chart that any unemotional TSLA investor would look for us to return to after breaking out of a long 6-month losing streak. And just as intraday prices overshoot the end-of-day trading prices recorded on the shorter charts, intraday and end-of-day typically overshoots the weekly closing prices that are recorded on the longer charts (6 month and longer). So patience is a virtue and I certainly believe that there are whales out there who are not just looking to buy at these prices, but have even expected this overshoot on the return to the 2-year chart before TSLA can once again begin its march back uphill to Mars. Gotta love that 'double bottom' ; )

p.s. - Congrats to anyone that bought this morning. You likely made 10 years of Money Market interest in just a couple days.

1629210838852.png

Last edited:
@StealthP3D
I have a slightly differing view about the time line and suspect it will happen a lot sooner than you expect, for a few reasons
right now, you cannot invest in SpaceX, but you can invest in Tesla and within 1 month 2 spectacular events will occur
more folks will go "..who is this Elon Musk?..." some negative, more positive

I don't have an expectation as to when the market will value TSLA more in line with my understanding. The market is fickle. You may have skimmed over the part where I said it could happen tomorrow or not for some time - it's an unknown. That's why I'm a long-term investor.

I think that's mostly true.

However, this is a Federal Agency taking official action. It has the feeling of FUD that is better organized and funded at higher levels and might have longer staying power. It requires a sustained lobbying at the agency (in this case I think the NTSB), maybe even getting people sympathetic to your cause installed at high levels within either that agency or, heaven forbid, the administration at the executive level. I think it's part of a longer-term FUD campaign that is not driven by Wall Street shorts or other financial types but by big auto and maybe even funded by big oil via big auto. This is not a wacky conspiracy theory, it's how the world is proven to work. Yes, it's a sad reality and no, it's not funny.

That's what this has the feeling of. Up until now the NHTSA seems to have mostly resisted pressure to use a heavy hand with Tesla. They are a pragmatic, data-driven agency as far as federal agencies go. But the NTSB is a different type of agency, more political and more corrupt. None of this means this effort will be effective - the bad actors could end up being laughed out of town (lose influence). Or, it could be a building movement. It matters how robust and well planned the effort is. The late timing of this effort potentially indicates something that has been in the works for a couple of years or more.

More research into the recent histories of changes of the people with influence within these agencies is called for in order to be able to draw better conclusions.
This article published today gives more color on exactly this.

This administration, or rather, people installed at the top seem to have a warped set of priorities when it comes to safety. While the article itself is somewhat slanted, it makes it clear that these new people need to go through a round of education on why, statistically, this is by far the best approach.

If they're just in the pocket of the unions, or just instinctively hate billionaires for the sake of it, I think it's gonna be a tougher slog.

I lean towards this being an old Detroit and their unions' handiwork rather than big oil FWIW.

Tesla Probe Ushers In Get-Tough Era at U.S. Auto-Safety Watchdog: Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

You can bet your butt that the $TSLAQ psychopaths have been blanket reporting, emailing, texting, Twittering and calling these people - same as they were filing bogus safety reports for years

I know. But my impression was that NHTSA was totally onto the TSLAQ types. That they understood what was going on with the ridiculous FUD and were being professional about it. This feels different. I hope I'm wrong.