Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since one of the chief complaints registered here is the idea that Tesla seems never to repair its' customer contact, specifically often mentioned is inability to reach a human.
Today while checking on my imminent Model S delivery I had an unprecedented experience.
I called my local Service Center to check. A VRU attended. The VRU greeted me by name and asked if I was checking on my delivery, then transferred em to a human, who answered in less than ten seconds and had all my data at hand, including the expectation that my car would reach the store by the 21st, barring unforeseen events.
That is the first time any company other than my Airline and Hotel preferred vendors, on both of which I have their highest Elite status, have had such easy access. I do not know how the rest of the world may be treated.

This unprecedented experience gives me tentative suspicion that Tesla CRM is being improved.
Has anybody else noted such treatment?
This has the portent of reducing costs, minimizing complaints of inattention plus making the lives of Customer Service people vastly easier.

This could be worth a few basis points on GM, just by reducing costs. It might also make employee retention better by eliminating some of the most frustrating calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Late timing? I thought the investigation was right on schedule, in time for AI day.

To clarify, by "late timing" I'm referring to the fact that Tesla's have been in the news for hitting emergency vehicles on the side of the road for years now. My subjective sense says it was happening more a year or two ago than very recently. And hitting first responders seems like the perfect "hot button issue" that can be used to sway people irrationally. Not that low tech cars don't crash into our heroes by the side of the road even more regularly (it's a very dangerous environment), but who could be against an effort to save our heroes?

See what I mean? It seems carefully crafted/targeted/planned in advance.

I know TSLA is being crushed today (-4.68%), but does the FUD around the NHTSA investigation still play a role? GM and F are down more at -5.07% and -4.72%.

I'm sure it plays a role, but I think the overall market is worried about a Fed taper in front of what could be an economic weakening from the current Covid wave. In a way the market is sending a signal to the Fed to not taper, after sending a signal to the Fed to taper for the last few months. Markets are rational. 🤣

This market-wide crash creating buying opportunities across sectors just before passage of the Infrastructure Bill feels suspiciously like the Covid crash and almost instantaneous rebound while $4.2 Trillion was passed out at the floor of that dip/crash, and when some new winners went 10X. It has been pointed out here that there was much bad behavior in the market and in DC during Covid. It would be cognitive dissonance for us not to believe the Infrastructure Bill wouldn’t provide similar opportunities for very profitable bad behavior at this time. This is a perfect opportunity for Big Money to move investments from past winners to new winners once again while the whole market is down and new winners of the Infrastructure Bill soon emerge.

Too bad UAW isn’t a ticker symbol........DC is doing all it can to pump that chart. They will soon realize that was just a Pump and Dump....💩

CNBC really stretching out to ramp the fear this morning. There's no way this is an actual journalistic sentiment. This kind of stuff is directly paid for and injected into your day. Strange times.

View attachment 697646
Would love to weigh in on this subject but it's simply not the pervue of this stock forum