Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's mind blowing, Elon also has thought of the implications for the future in general philosophical terms, before getting to this point.

YouTube: Elon Musk It's Too Late Now -

EMSK.too.late.now.jpg

Compilation of his various thoughts on the subject - listening to it live from is much better, but here are some snippets:

"There will be fewer and fewer jobs that a robot cannot do better. That's simply . .and I want to be clear that these are not things that I think . .that I wish would happen These are simply things that I think probably will happen.
I think we'll just end up doing a universal basic income..
So with automation there will come abundance.
Almost everything will get very cheap.
I think we will..
The harder challenge, much harder challenge is, how do people then have meaning, like a lot of people they derive meaning from their employment. So if you don't have .. if you're not needed, if there is not a need for your labor what do you .. what's the meaning? Do you have meaning, do you feel useless.
That's a much harder problem to deal with.
And how do we ensure that the future is the future that we want .. "

Last edited:
I'm no expert - but you can't use motors as a substitute for humanoid muscle motion - you need pre-loaded string-style actuators - that's why bostonDyn and other natural moving robots use pneumatics afaik - please, if someone with knowledge and mother-tounge could elaborate further ;) (and it's 4:30am here)(
Servos. I work at a kinematics company working with robots. I have about 6 robots at my office ranging in size from a small child to a large truck. They all use electric motors/servos as actuators. None are pneumatic.

Heh, Ashok and then Elon confirming NNs are still just for perception in production right now, with Ashok mentioning they're eventually looking to do a hybrid model for planning, but then Elon jumping in to reiterate he believes NNs just for perception, even if they stick to just c++ for planning and control, will get them many times safer than humans.

I'm no expert - but you can't use motors as a substitute for humanoid muscle motion - you need pre-loaded string-style actuators - that's why bostonDyn and other natural moving robots use pneumatics afaik - please, if someone with knowledge and mother-tounge could elaborate further ;) (and it's 4:30am here)(

I’d be surprised if Tesla (don’t forget that includes Grohmann) don’t already have actuators on par or better than human muscles for strength, power (density), accuracy, speed.

Reactions: JusRelax
“Worst job”? For me, it’s lying under my rental cabins (20-22” clearance between ground and cabin), thawing septic lines at -29ºF. ESPECIALLY once those brown trout start their upstream migration….it’s amazing where they will worm their way into. Bring on the Tesla Bots!

===>But….make sure they can work at these temperatures. Not all is California, folks.<===. Good training for Mars.

Muscles are basically segmented linear motors.