Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From 2019 data 4.3M on the road
2020 data IL ranked 20th with 0.28% adoption of EVs
2019 data IL purchased 6321 EVs
*not including PHBEV*

IL looking for ~1/4 EV on the roads by 2030. Not really admirable? Majority needs to happen by 2030!
Still to little information about this new program. I do see one thing, and dont know the basis for it. Stupidly it has it start for EVs purchased after July 1 2022. Yeah you want to encourage EV purchases so push people to put off a purchase.

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
From 2019 data 4.3M on the road
2020 data IL ranked 20th with 0.28% adoption of EVs
2019 data IL purchased 6321 EVs
*not including PHBEV*

IL looking for ~1/4 EV on the roads by 2030. Not really admirable? Majority needs to happen by 2030!
So, another political gesture with limited bite or discomfort. We got time. 🙄

What is Tesla’s current exposure in Il? Is that 1/4% all Teslas?

Reactions: Eugene Ash
Anyone seeing the Evergrande default in China? They were heavily invested in many Chinese EV companies. Should be good for TSLA, but wondering if it has any broad macro implications overall to the US market? I noticed many US banks owned their stock like Vanguard etc.
I don't think the root of their woes is investment in EV companies. CCP is cracking down on property values boom and debt, core of Evergrande. I don't see any spillovers to US from such crackdowns. moving on : )

GOBanking Rates - today: 10 Productivity Tips From Elon Musk That Can Put You on the Road to Success

Excerpt:

No one individual is more directly responsible for the EV revolution than Elon Musk, the man who took Tesla from an unknown startup to a global disruptor that forced the auto industry to evolve or die.

Thanks to SpaceX and the Boring Company, he also has pull both underground and in outer space.

The man with Mars on his mind has not only three major companies to run, but a huge family and a schedule that most mortals couldn’t manage for a single week, much less a lifetime. In order to keep all those balls in the air, Musk must wring every possible drop of productivity out of his life, work and schedule.

Here are 10 lessons he’s taught the world along the way about how to get big things done.

Benzinga - today: Tesla Shares Could Gain 400% In 10 Years, According To Investor Who Once Owned 1% Of The Company

Excerpt:

One of the biggest Tesla Inc bulls and early investors in the company is doubling down with a new prediction for the stock.

What Happened: Ron Baron, who heads Baron Capital Management, predicted in 2016 that Tesla would become one of the most valuable companies in the world.

“We invested $380 million between 2014 and 2016, which was 1.5% of our assets at the time,” Baron said in an interview for Bloomberg Wealth With David Rubenstein on Sept. 14.

Baron Capital Management owned around 1% of Tesla in 2016.

The bet has turned an investment in shares of the electric vehicle giant into a $4 billion profit for Baron. The fund manager sees Tesla shares gaining another 300% to 400% over the next 10 years.

“With Tesla, I thought the opportunity was to convert the cars that we make in the U.S. from gasoline to electric and that hadn’t been accomplished before," he said.

Baron said Tesla fought against car dealers, automobile companies and the oil companies, which wasn’t easy but he saw a bet on Elon Musk.

Baron owns four Tesla vehicles and said he sees the company leading the way in the future: “They’re innovating at the speed of light,” he said.

Benzinga - today: Tesla Shares Could Gain 400% In 10 Years, According To Investor Who Once Owned 1% Of The Company

Excerpt:

One of the biggest Tesla Inc bulls and early investors in the company is doubling down with a new prediction for the stock.

What Happened: Ron Baron, who heads Baron Capital Management, predicted in 2016 that Tesla would become one of the most valuable companies in the world.

“We invested $380 million between 2014 and 2016, which was 1.5% of our assets at the time,” Baron said in an interview for Bloomberg Wealth With David Rubenstein on Sept. 14.

Baron Capital Management owned around 1% of Tesla in 2016.

The bet has turned an investment in shares of the electric vehicle giant into a $4 billion profit for Baron. The fund manager sees Tesla shares gaining another 300% to 400% over the next 10 years.

“With Tesla, I thought the opportunity was to convert the cars that we make in the U.S. from gasoline to electric and that hadn’t been accomplished before," he said.

Baron said Tesla fought against car dealers, automobile companies and the oil companies, which wasn’t easy but he saw a bet on Elon Musk.

Baron owns four Tesla vehicles and said he sees the company leading the way in the future: “They’re innovating at the speed of light,” he said.
I think Baron is actually sandbagging his real thoughts to not sound too outrageous to his more traditional minded investors. He's too smart to think we're only looking at 400% over 10 years, that's more of a 4-6 year time frame projection.

That seems like a bearish prediction from Baron. I expect TSLA to grow much more than 400% over the next ten years.

My safe conservative estimates are a 200% increase in TSLA by 2030. I honestly think it will be quite a bit higher than that, but truthfully I'd still be happy with only $2400 per share in 2030. Anything more will just increase the size of my smile! :D

That seems like a bearish prediction from Baron. I expect TSLA to grow much more than 400% over the next ten years.

Appropriately, he only mentions the automotive business within his rationale. I expect the Energy side of Tesla alone to be worth about 4x $750B by 2030, perhaps more. Everyone, including Ron Barron, is underestimating the scope and speed of this transition to renewables + storage.

Yemeni camel drivers may speak truths but they’re still Yemeni camel drivers.🎯
That, sir, is a low blow. Of Yemen I may've once been, but camel driver? That only during antediluvian proceedings. Antediluvian because preceded paved roads in the area of Emirates in question. In any event such never happened in Yemen since I had a BMW, as did my spouse, at that time. Thus "Yemeni Camel Driver" never applied to me. It might be that you're making other references.