Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it me or is a big dog intentionally coming in later in the day in an attempt at ruining the MM's game? Feels like this has happened a few times this week now.

It's happened every day this week so far. In particular, the volume picks up in the last hour and that's when the stock has bucked the macro trend each day. I'll be quite interested to see what happens tomorrow.

Things that make you say HMMM…

Working as a Solar Power Inspector in Beverly Hills, the largest residential solar system I ever inspected was owned by the Saudi Royal family. The property has since been sold.

1FCDF34E-23F5-4651-93E3-23CD157E38ED.jpeg

Since that time, Saudi Arabia has invested in Lucid Motors.

Are we at an inflection point?

Worth a watch:
Now this gets my attention, at 1:23, it’s clearly a CT glass. And the presenter is wearing a CT t-shirt.

From 1:22-1:25 it’s being moved and reflects a model s parked outside, from the reflection I don’t see any curvature.

If it’s still flat, then the top line doesn’t make sense, why is it curving downward? Are they going to make roof glass and windshield yield a gap up there then fill it with a light bar to smooth the edge?

btw, bottom left cutouts looks like room for a single giant wiper, but why is it on the passenger side not driver side? Are they going to make a sliding wiper?

Anyways, seems the changes to production version is going to be larger than I thought. Very curious to see it.

So with that glass pic I posted (and the mods haven't vapoh-rized yet), the top is less wide than the bottom. SO I am assuming there is going to be a thicker support area as it goes toward the apex of the vehicle...or are they going to lean the sides in as it goes towards the back...which would be counter to the drag coefficient???
Insert emoji of me waving frantically good bye as the Mods pull these glass posts. But I wasn't the one that started...
:cool:

Now this gets my attention, at 1:23, it’s clearly a CT glass. And the presenter is wearing a CT t-shirt.

From 1:22-1:25 it’s being moved and reflects a model s parked outside, from the reflection I don’t see any curvature.

If it’s still flat, then the top line doesn’t make sense, why is it curving downward? Are they going to make roof glass and windshield yield a gap up there then fill it with a light bar to smooth the edge?

btw, bottom left cutouts looks like room for a single giant wiper, but why is it on the passenger side not driver side? Are they going to make a sliding wiper?

Anyways, seems the changes to production version is going to be larger than I thought. Very curious to see it.
reposted for you..from a couple of posts above...

Reactions: AZRI11
Things that make you say HMMM…

Working as a Solar Power Inspector in Beverly Hills, the largest residential solar system I ever inspected was owned by the Saudi Royal family. The property has since been sold.

View attachment 710166

Since that time, Saudi Arabia has invested in Lucid Motors.

Are we at an inflection point?
I hope you saw many Tesla wall chargers when they were negotiating to take over Tesla at 420 ;)

I'm only going to say this once more so pay attention!

The number of vehicles in the fleet per Supercharger connections will rightfully trend up towards some number above 40-67 vehicles per Supercharger. I'm not going to try to quantify that number because Tesla has the required data, I do not.

The reason fewer connections per vehicle are necessary as the network matures would become apparent if you lived and travelled in less populous areas as I have. You will observe that most Supercharger stations have at least 4-8 stalls and it's rare for them to be even 1/8 utilized. Over the last several years Tesla has been increasing the reach of it's Supercharger network to increasingly rural and less popular routes which has pushed the number of connectors per car to a higher number than will be ultimately needed. While it's true the fast rate of growth of deliveries has created choke points on busy holidays near large population centers, Tesla has made a conscious decision that it was more valuable to the brand to expand the reach of the network at the expense of eliminating all wait times during the busiest holiday weekends around populous areas. You can debate the wisdom of that all you want but the point is, Tesla's strategy has resulted in much unused capacity on rural routes that will not need to be doubled in proportion to the doubling of the fleet size. Large areas of the network are only used at less than 5% capacity so don't make the mistake of thinking that new connections need to grow in exact proportion to the fleet growth.

There are other factors that also allow this ratio to increase over time, one of which is the fact that cars with free Supercharging for life are becoming a much smaller percentage of the fleet every year. Yes, some people were attracted to Tesla early on because they love to get something for nothing and have a disproportionate amount of Supercharger use. People who did regular long highway trips were disproportionately attracted to Tesla for the free Supercharging. Those cars are slowly falling off the network for various reasons and are being outnumbered by new production which does not have free Supercharging and has a higher number of daily commuters who charge at home.

And, as other's have pointed out, Tesla has more manufacturing capacity than 10,000 Superchargers/year and will increase it as needed. I understand that people shouldn't ever have to wait but they also shouldn't be limited as to which rural areas they can visit. Tesla has the data to calculate the ratio of cars/connection that will be required as the network continues to mature but I believe both of these restrictions/inconveniences (rural availability and peak holiday availability) will improve over time without decreasing the number of cars per SC connection (because utilization of each connection will rise). Another way to say this is that we only needed one connection for every 40 vehicles when most connections had laughably low utilization.
It pays to have been around here for a long time... you all might find this thread I recall from 2013 interesting: Capacity of Superchargers Using an Erlang-B Model

While you do have to have a minimum number of 1 supercharger in a location to serve the very first car, the increase thereafter is definitely non-linear, and the Erlang distribution models for queuing theory help with the predictions.

It's happened every day this week so far. In particular, the volume picks up in the last hour and that's when the stock has bucked the macro trend each day. I'll be quite interested to see what happens tomorrow.

Lol, no shortage of "nickels" for TSLA batteries today. It's as if shortzes are spending other people's money, like a permanent wealth-transfer program. :p

TSLA.2021-09-16.15-04.wChrome.png

Cheers!

On a thread related topic: the stock price is doing very well today! :cool:
Careful. Apparently talk about stock price is OT drivel and will get your post moved. Better to write about Lucid, windshields, and rocket launches.

I posted this yesterday, with one line related to cycling, but the situation is no different today. I'm liking the price action. My sold Puts and Calls below and above the current SP (respectively) are doing very well. I used to think that the SP would start climbing a few weeks before an obvious positive event (Q3 numbers). But lately it seems that Wall Street is very good at playing Chicken, and they are able to wait until a few days before to start buying (I predict we close next week below 800, and maybe climb above it the following week). After my 820 strike covered calls expire on Sept. 24th, I'm not selling any more until AFTER Oct 3rd. I do, however, have sold Puts that expire in October and November because I can't imagine we go below 700 after Q3 numbers are released. I hope I'm right. 🤑

I'm smelling a big day tomorrow. No reason we can't scoot right up to nearly $800 this week as there's no call wall of any significance. I bet we teeter on $780 all day and close a bit above.

People must be feeling the pressure to cover before this tsunami of profits slaps them in the face.

The following two weeks we inch our way up to the actual $800 call wall just in time for deliveries to be announced.

The annual shareholder meeting is coming in three weeks and nobody is talking about it. It has almost always been very positive for TSLA in the past, and a lot of positive news could come out of it this year. Last year it was pretty much replaced by Battery Day.
My friend whom I presuaded into buying TSLA told me he vosted opposite of company's recommendation. Reason: He believes as share holders he needs to keep management/board accountable and not following company line.....

*Facepalm* I give up.

Picked up 10 more shares. I have about 10k left to invest but I'm kinda holding that for a dip...or should I just dive in now? Stock seems to be breaking out a bit, and I cannot help but think that great news from SpaceX affects investor confidence in Tesla. Same CEO and all....doing great things. Truly an Inspiration. ;)
I would buy around 10:30 EDT tomorrow. It may go down a few percent next week (or not), depending on Macros, but a couple percent won't matter long term. The last week of September should be green going into Q3 results. Q4 has EV tax credit passage (probably) and opening of Berlin and Austin.