Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what Forced Autopilot Disengagements refers to. Sometimes I have to yank the steering wheel and turn autopilot off that way because it isn't doing what I want (like a lane change, or getting too close to a neighboring car on a curvy road).

It’s referring to when it turns itself off because you’re not giving the requisite amount of attention (ignoring nags).

Few items of note

1. I went for a short drive and it took maybe an hour after for the safety score to show on my app. I also restarted the app a couple [hundred] times.

2. As previously reported everything is the same from a user perspective.

3. I’m VERY curious if putting my P3 into track mode makes it ignore the driving of that particular drive. Maybe my next outing I’ll give it a test. While I was happy that it doesn’t ding acceleration I was saddened to see it dings you for carving corners. That’s one of my many pleasures in life. It already dinged me for a “hard” turn while I was driving full on DMV driver’s test style.View attachment 714071 Track mode…engage.
Continued proof we are in a simulation getting more and more assimilated every day.

Few items of note

1. I went for a short drive and it took maybe an hour after for the safety score to show on my app. I also restarted the app a couple [hundred] times.

3. I’m VERY curious if putting my P3 into track mode makes it ignore the driving of that particular drive. Maybe my next outing I’ll give it a test. While I was happy that it doesn’t ding acceleration I was saddened to see it dings you for carving corners. That’s one of my many pleasures in life. It already dinged me for a “hard” turn while I was driving full on DMV driver’s test style.View attachment 714071 Track mode…engage.

Ah, yes, one more app restart and I got my safety score. Flagged for hard braking and aggressive turning, and I thought I was driving pretty chill. Well, if it wants 80%, at least I’m still “safe”. 🤣

Edit: a week I can handle, but one thing’s for sure: I’m never getting Tesla Insurance!

I think I know what happened to that Rivian this week, and why that parameter is so important.
Driver fail. No FSD for that one.
1632581129437.png

Ah, yes, one more app restart and I got my safety score. Flagged for hard braking and aggressive turning, and I thought I was driving pretty chill. Well, if it wants 80%, at least I’m still “safe”. 🤣

Edit: a week I can handle, but one thing’s for sure: I’m never getting Tesla Insurance!

Guess I was wrong on it updating daily -- looks like it's after each drive, but it takes anywhere between 20min to 2 hours for it to update I guess.

Rats! It seems I’m unable to activate Track Mode now. I wanted to to see if it didn’t record data during a “track drive”. They’re on to me! I wonder if after I’m granted Beta I’ll be able to.

Damn super smart company with super smart engineers. Sigh. lol

EDIT! Nevermind had to hit the brake pedal

Will report back after my run.
E9BDDED0-93DF-4C99-8238-B7523A084B40.jpeg

Moved to Austin! And appears that it is only virtual, but will have a webcast of course.

The NHTSA should investigate this: :p

"Thanks to a Reddit user, we now have our first look at the feature in action. In a video shared by u/pengellyb, his Model Y can be seen slowing down from 56mph (90km/h) to 46mph (74km/h) as he approaches a police car on the side of the highway with its lights activated."​

Cheers!

I feel like there should be a way to get more than 100%. Like any good test there’s always a bonus question or a way to get bonus points.
max score internally is 115, gets rounded down to 100 on the app.

But you absolutely can get above 100.

That means people that have that one rare edge case that happens once a week or on certain spot on the daily commute can drive well enough overall to make that a non issue.

Apologies for twitter link with foul language - I didn't notice that.

While we anxiously await the button and FSD, the tweet was pointing out that VW's software is asking the user to login again and makes much of the driving experience unusable w/o logging in. For this particular user, their password is stored in a password manager that was not readily available. Tesla's software expertise, and the competitors lack of it, will be a huge differentiator going forward as people start to see cars as computers with wheels.

The critical criterion for FSD safety should be supervision skills, not driving skills.

As such, following too closely, braking too hard and cornering too quickly are irrelevant because those occur while driving. What is relevant is attentiveness and skill at intervention.

A good FSD supervisor should have:

1. Attentiveness: Cabin Cam + AI might work, but not all Teslas have cabin cam, there might be pushback, harder to measure… Late braking and swerving can be signs of lack of attention, so it might serve somewhat as a proxy. But it assumes someone who is attentive while driving, would also be attentive while supervising FSD. Probably works pretty well because a safer driver is more likely to be a safer FSD operator.
  2. Intervention skill: A good interventionist would have a quick response while on AP/FSD plus take the best action. Again harder to measure and quantify. It would be possible while safety interventions occur frequently, but become much harder to monitor as they become rarer over time.
It is a shame Tesla will punish windy mountain deserted road fun driving because they think that makes you bad at supervising FSD, but given the difficulty of determining how good one is at supervision, I understand the choice. And of course the bonus is that it’s the same criteria that’s used for insurance.

Tailgating and AP jail I totally understand as that shows very poor judgment.

Few items of note

I feel like there should be a way to get more than 100%. Like any good test there’s always a bonus question or a way to get bonus points.

Rats! It seems I’m unable to activate Track Mode now. I wanted to to see if it didn’t record data during a “track drive”. They’re on to me! I wonder if after I’m granted Beta I’ll be able to.

Damn super smart company with super smart engineers. Sigh. lol

EDIT! Nevermind had to hit the brake pedal

Will report back after my run.
View attachment 714093
As another poster noted. The top score is 115.

Also be careful. Since you’re in a queue, Tesla MIGHT prioritize those with the highest scores.

There are more notes posted by the AP Engineer.

1. FSD 10.1 will have reverse function
  2. It will not have summon as part of the vision stack
  3. Determining one as a good driver includes maintain a good following distance, and overall steady driving. Average speed above limit tolerance will be about 5-7 mph.
  4. Expecting HW4 to be a free upgrade for all FSD purchaser(this is his speculation).
So many reddit users pointed out that this guy is a fake and is not a real AP engineer based on past post. So I'm going to label this as fake news unless more credibility from him is shown.