Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If not already posted:
https://www.eetimes.com/hurricane-homendy-bearing-down-on-tech-sector/

Excerpt:

“My expectation of the probable path of the investigation begins with Tesla simply ignoring NHTSA’s data request. Using NTSB’s exhaustive investigative work and safety recommendations, my assessment is that NHTSA will subsequently declare Tesla’s automation software defective, based on inadequate monitoring of driver attention state and engagement level that resulted in multiple crashes with first responder vehicles and highway crashes with loss of life.

NHTSA will instruct Tesla to disable Autopilot and “Full Self-Driving” on all vehicles via an over-the-air update. Tesla will ignore that directive too, and then the fireworks will begin.

Those who think the administration has no power to rein-in Tesla may wish to consider that President Biden could simultaneously order Tesla to be blocked from the global dollar payment system (CHIPS) and trading in its shares and bonds suspended. The impact on the company and its investors would be severe.”

Comments?
Yes. Hodl. The end of the world can happen tomorrow also. 🙄

If not already posted:

Excerpt:

“My expectation of the probable path of the investigation begins with Tesla simply ignoring NHTSA’s data request. Using NTSB’s exhaustive investigative work and safety recommendations, my assessment is that NHTSA will subsequently declare Tesla’s automation software defective, based on inadequate monitoring of driver attention state and engagement level that resulted in multiple crashes with first responder vehicles and highway crashes with loss of life.

NHTSA will instruct Tesla to disable Autopilot and “Full Self-Driving” on all vehicles via an over-the-air update. Tesla will ignore that directive too, and then the fireworks will begin.

Those who think the administration has no power to rein-in Tesla may wish to consider that President Biden could simultaneously order Tesla to be blocked from the global dollar payment system (CHIPS) and trading in its shares and bonds suspended. The impact on the company and its investors would be severe.”

Comments?

"Those who think the administration has no power to rein-in Tesla may wish to consider that President Biden could simultaneously order Tesla to be blocked from the global dollar payment system (CHIPS) and trading in its shares and bonds suspended. The impact on the company and its investors would be severe.”"

Lol sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. I get people get "conspiracy" fears at time....but I've been amazed over the past few months at some of the posts here and of course on Twitter. What you're suggesting is QAnon level of illogical conspiracy theory that has zero chance of ever happening. Some of these suggestions belong with the people that live in underground bunkers waiting for World War 3 or an Zombie apocalypse

Last edited:
If not already posted:

Excerpt:

Comments?

I want to clarify for all . . in case it is not clear.
The quotes you have in your post are from the article's author Colin Barden and not from Chairwoman Homendy.
So it's one man's opinion . . .and I could NOT care less . .;)

Edit: If you look at Colin Barden's Twitter feed you will see he has a long anti-Elon/anti-Tesla tweet history.

Last edited:
This might get some bad press in China. Seems as if the guy bought a used CPO from Tesla, had a drive unit failure, wanted the car taken back instead of repaired, and subsequent investigation revealed previous collision repair. The translation is a bit garbled.

Yeah China is a minefield. Everyone is a con artist until proven otherwise. High possibility that the car was fine at the time of sale, the person got into an accident, repaired it, then went back to Tesla demanded his money back without wanting a motor swap. Geez I wonder why he didn't want a motor swap and then have people investigated to make sure the car wasn't in a collision before?

Tesla committing fraud has a much smaller percentage than regular citizens committing fraud. I lost count on how much fraud took place just living there. Bought a MP3 player with "256mb" of ram and turns out to be 55mb. Bought watermelon that looked fresh but turned out they injected dye in it. Bought rice and there are small rocks in it to make them weigh more. The list goes on and on and it's really a dog eat dog world over there. My dad's omega had parts and jewels swapped out after a watch service. So I'm not going to trust not a single person who comes back with a "problem" with their product and then request something out of the ordinary.

Edit: Now Tesla could be at fault here for not inspecting the car carefully and relied on no collision report like our carfax here. Those are not reliable because like I said, the Chinese will do what they can to get out of things and there are many ways to get out of not reporting accidents. Hell when buying a used car in China, no one looks at the speedometer for mileages because the assumption is all have been illegally adjusted. My dad was trying to sell his low mileage car in China and they laughed at the notion that my dad brought up the low miles and said we adjusted it so it's not a selling ponit.

Last edited:
If not already posted:

Excerpt:

Comments?
The author of that article, Colin Barnden, may not be objective or impartial. He's the principal at Semicast Research, and appears to make his living by selling reports and analysis to legacy auto and its suppliers.

Maybe @jbcarioca knows Colin Barnden?

Source? Or are you guessing?
Safety Score Beta you might want to read it, it's all there, the 115 max, the formula, and everything.

tesla.com/support/safety-score is were the link above takes you, straight from the horses mouth.

If you can't get to tesla.com for some reason how about a screenshot of just the formula (the page is much longer, go there to read it all)

1632592993542.png

Last edited:
Hopefully it's still keeping score in the background and the app is only needed to visualize the score.
Great... no feedback for Android users? I wonder if Apple is just faster than Google with the App release cycle? Or Tesla does Apple first?

Although unconfirmed, what is your App version? In Play Store, 1st option "What's new, "Last update Sept 8..." click that and it says current ver 4.0.2 at bottom.

Great... no feedback for Android users? I wonder if Apple is just faster than Google with the App release cycle? Or Tesla does Apple first?

Although unconfirmed, what is your App version? In Play Store, 1st option "What's new, "Last update Sept 8..." click that and it says current ver 4.0.2 at bottom.
There is a 4.1.0 on apkmirror. I won't link it though because I haven't verified myself yet that it is legit.

EDIT: Seems to be working for me. Install at your own risk!

Last edited:
Safety Score Beta you might want to read it, it's all there, the 115 max, the formula, and everything.

tesla.com/support/safety-score is were the link above takes you, straight from the horses mouth.

If you can't get to tesla.com for some reason how about a screenshot of just the formula (the page is much longer, go there to read it all)

View attachment 714223
With 0 for every PCF metric (perfect driving), that would be 115.382324 - 22.526504 * (0.682854 * 1.014495^0 * 1.127294^0 * 1.019630^0 * 1.001444^0 * 1.317958^0) = 100.000011. That's not much headroom over the stated cap of 100.

There is a 4.1.0 on apkmirror. I won't link it though because I haven't verified myself yet that it is legit.

EDIT: Seems to be working for me. Install at your own risk!

Thanks a bunch, this worked for me as well.

For others, the "Safety Score" is on the App's Main page - should be very obvious. FYI, I spent half the morning trying updates and searching for my score over and over in all the sub-menus. Nobody ever actually said where that Score was located in the App, bc it was so obvious to all the Apple owners ONLY. And we just kept looking for it, hahaha. :mad:)

This is what it should look like, the Play Store is not up to date.

1632596420419.png

View attachment 714223

Interesting how differently those criteria are weighted. Forced Disengagement is 20X worse than Aggressive Turning and 200X worse than Unsafe Following. Looks like if you can avoid Forced Disengagement and Hard Braking that should be enough. Also notice no penalty for 0-60 launches (unless you brake hard afterwards) ;)