Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TL;DR - Way too high, but not because the demand isn't there. It is because Elon wants the transition to happen more quickly, which happens through Robotaxi's operating 24/7 at super competitive rates most likely starting in 2024 with <25k car fleet.

Long version summary - I love SMR and think his analysis is great, but I have a slightly different outlook.

Tesla will solve FSD in 2 years (50% confidence) or 4 years (80% confidence), Tesla has no competition for at least 5 years which could take material market share, Tesla continues to widen the innovation, profit and scale gap of BEVs against all incumbents (legacy ICE), Tesla will make enough batteries to saturate the market with BEVs and grid storage by 2030.

Will Tesla be able to demand higher prices for their products? Hell's yes!
Will Tesla slow the transition down by raising prices? Most likely
Could Tesla share/license their tech to other companies and make profit? Totally
But wouldn't that require engineering resources? Totally
So, would that speed up the transition? Probably not
Wait, so what speeds it up the most? Robotaxi's which drive all-the-time, 24/7, stopping only to supercharge, at super competitive rates, so there is no question to drive/ride sustainably.
Ok, so when do we see that? Arithmetically increasing percentage chance peaking in 2024 as the levers of demand, <25k car, battery BOM cost, battery throughput...etc, continue to effectively reach 1 disengagement every 1 billion miles.
What about the AI bot? With my background in AI and mechanical engineering, I think there is <10% chance of a product prior to 2023 to purchase increasing to 80% chance by 2028. The AI, nor the battery is the bottleneck, it is the creation of the ultra small, lightweight pieces of aluminum, carbon fiber, sensors, servos...etc that will take that much time to put into production. That tech just doesn't exist yet in production (happy to be wrong here though!). *When* it goes into production we'll see super small volumes as I would expect yields to be low and prices to be super high. I'd expect the first bot to be $100k to $200k with low margins (still super cool though) and then into mass production around 2031 with higher margins, but I don't see it making the stock price go as high as SMR predicts. I think the bot will have a ridiculous % of it's parts that move against other parts, stacked tolerances out the wazoo which is super hard to productionize.

This drives the stock price to $4k to $8k in 2031 which is think is applicable for a company that makes >50% of the worlds cars, >75% of the worlds grid storage and 40% of the worlds consumer miles driven.
In regard of stock price projection...I live in a world where crypto and nfts exist. Your world sounds different.
With all due respect!

Tesla Energy with another big project. As battery supply increases, I expect to see a lot more of these over the next several years.

Dang, going off of the Megapack order page that's like $1.8 billion in revenue? Jeepers.

I hope that new factory in Lathrop is built quickly!

Look I’m a bull as much as anyone, but complete fantasy numbers do no one any good.
SMR's hardly using fantasy numbers. His $3K in 2025 prediction matches ARK Invest's prediction. He also provides detailed discussion of the products he thinks will come to the forefront in each of the next 10 years.

A lot of people have no context for what these numbers mean… It reminds me of Bitcoin Uber-bulls who predict Bitcoin is magically going to be worth many times the market cap of all of the worlds stock and real estate markets put together…
This has nothing to do with bitcoin. It is about creating value, and its derivative, wealth. You're exhibiting a classic human flaw in failing to understand exponential growth. Both Elon and Hiro have tweeted about that in the past 2 days.

Note that Elon's stated aim with Tesla AI/Robotics is to break the connection between labor and production, between growth and resources. Information is the new wealth, and by definition it is NOT a scarcity-limited commodity.

morpheus-free-your-mind.gif

SMR's hardly using fantasy numbers. His $3K in 2025 prediction matches ARK Invest's prediction. He also provides detailed discussion of the products he thinks will come to the forefront in each of the next 10 years.

This has nothing to do with bitcoin. It is about creating value, and its derivative, wealth. You're exhibiting a classic human flaw in failing to understand exponential growth. Both Elon and Hiro have tweeted about that in the past 2 days.

Note that Elon's stated aim with Tesla AI/Robotics is to break the connection between labor and production, between growth and resources. Information is the new wealth, and by definition it is NOT a scarcity-limited commodity.

There are many on this thread far wiser and attuned to the market than me, but the above underlined/bolded statement cannot be emphasized enough and is a driving force of why I’m so bullish on Tesla.

TSLA is something we’ve never seen before and likely never will again in our lifetimes.
As humans, we simply cannot wrap our brains around the concept of exponential growth.

I understand exponents fine. Wealth can't divorce itself completely from income, which is what a lot of these nonsense fantasy numbers require.

Look, Elon himself is low-key making fun of these nonsense predictions:

TSLA, down 1.06% seems to be holding pretty up well considering that Nasdaq is down 2.30% and S&P500 down 1.66%.
I'm buying 10/1 $800 calls for $5 on the premise of QQQ being down 2.5+% is about as far as the algos are willing to "rotate". Betting we'll see the 59th "snap back to tech" in a row before the week's out.

TSLA can ride that wave back to $800 or at least get me close enough to double up Wed/Thurs.

2029: $9,550
2030: $12,200
2031: $17,420

Seem way too high to me, what does everyone else think?
I think he should solve his problem with numbers before he tries his hand at money.
Anyone who ignores the very serious dictum below my name in every one of my posts is not qualified to make numerical projections. Worse, he is irresponsible in packaging them into charismatic blog posts and presenting them as sobersided analysis.
Thus, the appropriate summary response to your question is one that turns another chestnut on its head: GOGI. That is Garbage Out (his numbers) deserves Garbage In (any response to his post).

I understand exponents fine. Wealth can't divorce itself completely from income, which is what a lot of these nonsense fantasy numbers require.

I think you make a fair point, but on AI Day Elon himself also explicitly mused about whether there are limits to the economy if you remove labor as a limiting factor.

Seems moot to me though. $TSLA at 5k or 17k in 2031, it's still an easy decision to buy and hold.

I'm buying 10/1 $800 calls for $5 on the premise of QQQ being down 2.5+% is about as far as the algos are willing to "rotate". Betting we'll see the 59th "snap back to tech" in a row before the week's out.

TSLA can ride that wave back to $800 or at least get me close enough to double up Wed/Thurs.
You just can't quit the YOLOs can you? :)

"How long Mr Musk would it take a Tesla Robot to fold a piece of paper 42 times?"

Two weeks

OK, I picked up one of those, lol. (seems I'm sampling lately.) It's only Tuesday so plenty of time for the market to snap back + FOMO on Fri should be hot. TSLA just needs to hold-on while the market slides further, then the mini rebound. Let's go! 800+ by Friday.

Reactions: Rammstein
Seems moot to me though. $TSLA at 5k or 17k in 2031, it's still an easy decision to buy and hold.

True.

It may be more relevant to those greenhorns buying their first TSLA today than it is for us oldies who already won the lottery multiple times. One can only become financially independent and retire once.
Except if he dreams of owning mountains though .,,

Last edited:
+ Worlds gonna see the 2 factories in next 2 weeks.

Oct 7th - Share Holder Meeting - Austin
Oct 9th - GF Berlin County Fair

where EM goes , media will follow ....

Indeed, big week coming up - maybe the biggest week of our lives. I think "Giga week" is appropriate. Poll on which events you are most excited about:

Giga week poll