Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 718591

Geez, is Mama Cathie selling all 63,135 shares as a single sell wall limit or strategic shorting every green candle to cap us. :p

Only fund that sold TSLA is ARKK, presumably to fund that 6.7 million share purchase of DNA.

ARKG did sell its own holdings (does not contain TSLA) to also buy more DNA.

Hope she knows what she is doing here.
How often must this be explained here? She runs funds. Funds are for investors who prefer risk to be widely spread. See video below:

Meanwhile: Cathie Wood’s Ark Investment moving headquarters to St. Petersburg

That's Florida, not Russia.

Oh really? That would be news to me. Can anyone confirm?

"Tesla didn’t state when or if it might remove the radar sensor in vehicles built for Chinese and European customers."

They might have by now but there hasnt been any official statement

Oh really? That would be news to me. Can anyone confirm?

Tesla has only stated that 3&Y for North America have been transitioned to Tesla Vision. Who knows when they will transition other markets.

Starting with deliveries in May 2021, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will be optimized for Tesla Vision and will not be equipped with radar.

This will jog your memory. Start reading from about 7:00 am Sep 01, 2020: (you should find a link to Tesla's SEC filing as well with all the details)

Tesla's announcement of the Cap Raise occurred at 7:00 am. Here's what the premarket looked like that morning by 8 o'clock: (plunged from a high of $538 just before the announcement)

View attachment 718470

Paging @StealthP3D (who I know was paying attention)

I remember seeing the capital raise announcement and thinking that Tesla no longer needed the money but that it should remove any doubt and either allow for faster expansion or be a nice rainy day fund. I was kind of surprised when I saw the market didn't like it, at least initially. But I'm not sure what you are looking for here. My memory is imprecise as it seemed like it happened a lifetime ago. But it was only a year and a month!

Probably a stupid question to some here, but why doesn’t Tesla spontaneously drop the quarterly earnings report during market hours without warning? Is this not allowed? Wouldn’t this throw the MMs, institutional buyers for a loop and potentially help the stock to break through a number of walls? In other words, why is the quarterly earnings report drop telegraphed?

If they were to release info during market hours, they have to notify NASDAQ prior to the report and then a trading halt will be placed on the stock that can last for an hour... you do not want to disrupt trading with that type of news in the middle of the day precisely to prevent chaos in the market.
Releasing earnings afterhours allows for the info to be digested and then the organized reaction can occur when trading resumes the next day

Any retail investor who didn't have their TSLA dividend shares by the Open on Monday morning, August 31 was cheated. Numerous investors here (I have bookmarks) didn't receive their additional shares until TSLA had dropped from $535 pre-Market to as low as $372 during Friday's session.

That's grounds for a lawsuit against the Broker. The fact that Wall St. rules are arranged to make it nearly impossible to collect evidence of financial crime should in fact prove motive and opportunity in Court. Instead, they are given cover and endless handwaving. It's been 13 mths.

#SEC

That's true, but that crime against a few shareholders is merely the symptom of the larger crime, specifically, selling shares that don't exist and thus increasing the supply and lowering the price (for all shareholders) via basic supply/demand theory.

I know you know this but I just wanted to point it out lest someone thinks if it didn't happen to them there was no foul.

Geez, is Mama Cathie selling all 63,135 shares as a single sell wall limit or strategic shorting every green candle to cap us. :p

Only fund that sold TSLA is ARKK, presumably to fund that 6.7 million share purchase of DNA.

ARKG did sell its own holdings (does not contain TSLA) to also buy more DNA.

Hope she knows what she is doing here.
Why do you not allow me to view your profile?

Excellent question. Many people, including broker employees who set margin requirements, still have no clue about Tesla.

The Schwab Equity Rating® for TSLA is F: Strongly Underperfom: Sell (immediately you fool). Last month, it got all the way up to D, but alas has retreated again. This august (and August) opinion is based on the following Rationale Behind Our Rating (not ®):

Growth Grade: C​
Quality Grade: F​
Sentiment Grade: C​
Stability Grade: D​
Valuation Grade: F​

The Quality and Sentiment Grades are labeled as most important to the overall grade. Here is Schwab's description of the former (emphasis added):

The Quality component underlying the rating is based on a number of operating performance measures derived from recent financial statement data. Stocks with attributes such as high profitability, high earnings quality, conservative investment spending and better operating efficiency tend to have better Quality scores. Highly-rated stocks within this category may have the potential for price appreciation, as investors perceive that these companies have the financial strength to potentially grow earnings faster than their peers.​

Oh Schwab. Speaking of peers, here are some Schwab Equity Rating®s for them:

GM and Ford: D​

Okay, that's the ballpark, but better than Tesla?

Toyota and Honda: B​
Daimler: A​

Oh Schwab.

In short, yes I have to believe reality will someday filter down to the brokerages... or else their customers who trust them will stampede to ARK.

I like Schwab's low ratings for Tesla. I've been a Schwab brokerage client since 1997 and the low ratings bring up a lot of fond memories of stocks I made huge profits on. All my most profitable stocks had really low Schwab Equity Ratings.

Here is a screenshot of how all the rated stocks performed in 2020 grouped by their overall Schwab Equity Rating:

1633581383406.png

Of course the results vary depending upon the time period charted but I think you can see why I get a good feeling when I see a stock I hold (or one I want to buy) is poorly rated. I mostly ignore this rating but I would appreciate a heads up if anyone notices Tesla suddenly becomes highly rated. It might be time to sell. ;)

If they were to release info during market hours, they have to notify NASDAQ prior to the report and then a trading halt will be placed on the stock that can last for an hour... you do not want to disrupt trading with that type of news in the middle of the day precisely to prevent chaos in the market.
Releasing earnings afterhours allows for the info to be digested and then the organized reaction can occur when trading resumes the next day
Thanks for the reply. Although, I feel like “allows for the info to be digested and then the organized reaction…” is code for “strategized so they can appropriately manipulate the stock to their benefit…”