Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure all the retirees in Florida make a workforce! I’d like to see Kentucky or Tennessee or maybe Ohio… I know Elon once mentioned the northeast but the northeast is already in Tesla’s pocket. I’d rather assimilate the South or Midwest. The South at least has skilled non-union workers (from many foreign car factories) who haven’t yet seen the EV light.
Gigafactories needs to be built close to water as being close to ports is very important.

Also Florida's universities started to rank pretty high which means young talent that Tesla craves for is around. Lastly there will be an explosion of activity near the cape if Elon's vision for star ship launches happen the way he wants at 10 a day or something.

I remember seeing the capital raise announcement and thinking that Tesla no longer needed the money but that it should remove any doubt and either allow for faster expansion or be a nice rainy day fund. I was kind of surprised when I saw the market didn't like it, at least initially. But I'm not sure what you are looking for here. My memory is imprecise as it seemed like it happened a lifetime ago. But it was only a year and a month!
"The Market" on low volume days is almost all hedge funds and MMs (with some retail buying on dips). They are only interested in max pain, so naturally they don't like any good news for Tesla.

Qqq looking pretty good, need to break though 365, then fill the gap at 368. 368 will be the final battle ground between bulls and bears. If bulls win then 353 was the bottom of an ABC correction and it'll signal the start of a 5 wave uptrend.

Again this is just a quick summery of the stock channel and his TA has been on point so far calling the bottom at 353 last week and said Tesla will be fine even during a 8% qqq correction. I continue to praise his tea leaf readings even if you are not a believer.

Last edited:
Nobody is giving up cars.

Extending my bad analogy, people aren't going to stop digging so smaller shovels are about as good as you can expect.

My point here isn't that Tesla is doing the wrong thing. I don't think Musk or Tesla could be doing anything better than what they are doing.

It's that it feels like too little, too late in the game. I hope I'm wrong.
Trying to understand.

Is this a straight CO2/Methane might trigger a permafrost step change everybody cooks view?

The Cyertruck eliminates the paint shop. How does the math cost look with no paint shop?

Yes, I was surprised to see that -0,8% then back +1%
Could it be someone fat fingered and put in a $780 sell order instead of a stop loss?

My guess is there are brokerages out there that take advantage of their clients’ errors. I use TD which have many times given me a better fill when my bids/asks were misaligned with a fast market.

04102624-F571-4098-B656-4939AAA1B418.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: OrthoSurg and redan
Could it be someone fat fingered and put in a $780 sell order instead of a stop loss?View attachment 718710
Maybe? Just putting in a low limit does not cause a sale at that price, it's always at market (bid/ask) with a not-for-less-that this price criteria. The order volume would need to be high enough to burn through the bid list to get down to that price.

• Informative
Reactions: kbM3
I think this is a fallacy of thinking a technological solution can fix a human problem, aka greed. Inevitably the policies surrounding the tech would morph it into the same boss. This is not a technological problem; the tools are all there to curb these abuses, it is the will that is lacking.
Reminds me of this, for some reason: ;)

This ain't no technological breakdown
Oh no, this is the road to hell

And all the roads jam up with credit
And there's nothing you can do
It's all just bits of paper flying away from you

Pleasantly surprised by a brief segment on electrification that aired on NPR this morning:

They started off chatting about Barra's lofty promises, but actually pivoted to discussing Tesla and their lead, finally concluding:

Tesla has been doing great; Tesla just had a record quarter. They sold more vehicles than they ever have. The latest model, the Model Y, is selling like hotcakes. And this is particularly impressive right now when car makers are struggling with the shortage of chips and other parts. Most of them had to cut production, Tesla is dominating. Which, like you said, it's a reminder that companies like GM and Ford are playing pick-up right now. Tesla owns this market.

Rare to hear this kind of talk in the mainstream media.