Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely not. You don’t get to ignore one side of her person and embrace the other and claim oh, she’s only human. It’s a given she’s human. But, the mistakes count, particularly when a person doesn’t learn from them.

I contend the very nature of Twitter reveals the truth of the heart and soul, if just in the moment. But it’s still truth. When you have to filter yourself; as you do in work, research and the like, that’s just a piece of the person.

I wouldn’t trust this woman’s ‘word’ on anything. She’s ugly inside.
Guid Gawd. If I get any more input claiming that “Twitter Is Truth” I am going to turn Full Frontal Moderator. And THAT will be ugly.

Truth.

On edit: It appears that some believe it won't be ugly, as I've garnished some "Disagrees". Well, beauty...and ugliness...is in the eyes of the beholders. I never thought that I in Full Frontal equaled Beauty but it seems some think otherwise.

Last edited:
Top Tesla Q3 2021 earnings call questions from retail & institutional investors

Top Retail Questions​

1. What is the Tesla’s goal for vehicle production capacity for the 4 current factories (Fremont, Shanghai, Austin, and Berlin) by 2024?
  2. Service remains an issue with appointments available weeks, or even months, out. Likewise, Supercharger wait times have become untenable at some locations. What concrete steps is Tesla taking to improve the customer experience in these two key areas?
  3. Is Tesla considering any other ideas (other than FSD) with real world AI that can bring additional software revenue to Tesla? If not, can Tesla consider building interesting games around FSD data?
  4. How has FSD take rate changed since introduction of Monthly Subscription? Are there any plans to increase FSD pricing as wider release becomes imminent?
  5. Can Tesla allow for FSD to be transferred to another vehicle at a fee? (Something less than the 10k)? Early adopters are paying the price if they want to upgrade their vehicle. You lose the value on the trade in and now have to buy in at the now higher cost.

Top Institutional Investor Questions​

1. When should we expect the first vehicles to be delivered with 4680 cells?
  2. Do you still expect to start production of the $25,000 model in 2023? What are the biggest hurdles from now until then?
  3. With FSD Beta training data set to explode exponentially as the software is released to wider and wider audience, are there any early takeaways with regards to how quickly versions can iterate and be pushed out? From bi-weekly to weekly? or even daily?
Interesting.
1R. Good question, but would like short and long term answer. What is goal for next 6 months, 2022 and eventual max capacity.
2R. What is justification for this. Is it really true that service appointments are taking months. I think the longest I have ever waited was a week and a half. Never waited more then a couple minutes for a SuperCharger. I do know that California is a different story when it comes to SuperCharger waits.
5R. Tesla should specifically come out and say FSD stays with the car. If you sell it used then it is a Tesla Model whatever with or without FSD and should be able to sell at a premium. You shouldnt lose trade in value. If you trade in to Tesla they shouldnt be able to sell FSD for a car that already had FSD.

1I. I care more about Berlin and Austin starting to produce vehicles. Great if they can start very soon with 4680s, bad it they have to hold off production because of 4680s. Bad if they have to spend money on additional robots to build Model Y with 2170s and Fremont style frame design.
3I. Would like to know how quickly does FSD learning occur. If say someone reports an incorrect right or left turn for instance and it is a data change, not a logic change does fleet learn right away (like a road closed) or does it need to wait for the next point release.

I'm genuinely curious on #2. I know I don't live in a heavily congested area with a lot of Teslas (exact opposite actually on both counts), but I have driven multiple times cross country in my 3 (2 trips to Florida/Georgia, 1 to Virginia and 1 to Houston) and have experience a wait exactly 1 time and that was a cross state trip in Colorado. Many times I only see 2 or 3 at an 8-12 install. Is this more of a California thing? I've also had no issues with lining up service, but only have had my car looked at twice in the ownership (adding performance package spoiler since I was early and condensation in my taillight).
My most recent service was a month away, and then the pushed it back a couple of weeks (Oct 25 is the new date). This is the first time in over eight years that service hasn't been within a day or two. Also it wasn't at the nearest SC because that wait time was even longer.

She undoubtedly already does.
In the meantime there is growing worry about every aspect fo driver assistance and driving automation nearly everywhere.
The notion that we'll have widespread robotaxi anytime soon is patently absurd. Promoting that idea so aggressively is on Elon.
Still, Tesla is progressing and will even more so post-Dojo. We should not expect that to be Level 5 autonomy, or even Level 3 anytime soon.
Documentation, procedures and regulations will be major impediments, as will be passenger instructions.
I fully support the effort, and do expect it will happen. Sometime.
Meh. If she regretted it, she’d have deleted it and started praying for a lot of short memories. At the very least, where’s the humility and apologies for the behavior? Where’s the unblocking? Actions vs words. Unfortunately, she’s on ‘our’ radar now. Her life just got way more uncomfortable whether she realizes it or not.

I have no idea, nor do I care, when ‘real’ FSD is born even though I paid for it years ago. Eyes wide open on my part, so zero regret or hard feelings. But I sure do appreciate the guy who’s hung his neck out on behalf of all those people who’d love to have a mobility choice like FSD. In the end, he’ll admit it was harder than he thought it would be, that it took longer than he thought it should have and he’ll accomplish it. Yes, I excuse his mistake for the simple reason his intentions are good, he’s honestly trying to do the right thing, always.

Additionally, I see a different future when it comes to regulations and such. The resistance we see in the beginning melts real fast once the truth is revealed. Nothing people in power hate more than being paraded naked down the alley of shame; ask Cersei Lannister. Ask those who Elon exposed when they tried to stop SpaceX how they felt.

The world is changing. It’s going to be a very different place.

I'm genuinely curious on #2. I know I don't live in a heavily congested area with a lot of Teslas (exact opposite actually on both counts), but I have driven multiple times cross country in my 3 (2 trips to Florida/Georgia, 1 to Virginia and 1 to Houston) and have experience a wait exactly 1 time and that was a cross state trip in Colorado. Many times I only see 2 or 3 at an 8-12 install. Is this more of a California thing? I've also had no issues with lining up service, but only have had my car looked at twice in the ownership (adding performance package spoiler since I was early and condensation in my taillight).

In my two years of Model S ownership in Germany/Europe I've had to wait exactly once at a Supercharger (Italy, Forte die Marmi) for about 15min. Of course, not so many Tesla's here, but I do read in the German forum of frequent waiting during vacation/holiday rush days. YMMV

Now, the situation at Service Centers is a complete nightmare. I'm in Frankfurt, there is only 1 SeC which serves one of the most affluent regions in Germany (read: key Tesla target market). SeC appointments are typically 2-3 weeks out, not nice when you have a safety-related issue! I was there today (airbag issue, again) and the technician acknowledged that it was untenable, but their location is small (true) and they've been "reporting up the food-chain" that they need to move for the past 2 years, without success. Tesla really needs to improve simply their capacity to take on service appointments.

By the way, there's no demand....while I was waiting two full carriers arrived with M3... there was a constant stream of people picking up new cars, and the service advisors were having to turn people away for test drives all the time. Seems a popular car...

I stopped into Ottawa's new sales centre for the first time today. Was pleased to find out that even in the Canadian "hinterland", we're receiving and selling new Model Ss.

Ottawa had received - and sold - about 15 LR models last week, and received - and sold - 4 Plaid models this week. For reference, the Ottawa market is about 1 million people.

Wow are these beautiful cars.

Bodes well for Q4!

PXL_20211020_155536402.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20211020_155601067~2.jpg

Lol....yes, old white dudes are getting disproportionately furious over this one.

It's regulation folks. No big deal. Someone of literally no significance or regulatory power is looking critically at Tesla's FSD. It's gonna be ok.

I get the feeling if this were a man the response would be more muted.

Your feelings are wrong. Also not an old white dude. Even if I were, how does that matter?

We are talking ethics. Last I checked, all sexes and ethnicities are capable of terrible things and Missy Cummings is one of those terrible, nasty people.

Suggesting violence towards Elon Musk? This is more acceptable were it a man?

Really.

Really?

REALLY?

this time around the institutional questions are much more appealing than the retail ones, which are somewhat stale from my perspective.

Even more notable to me is that Institutional investors seem only to be interested in the timeline for deploying 4680 bty cells, and NOT interested in the timeline for deploying FSD (or Robotaxi). Implying that its not priced in yet.

Where and when new GF(s)? And will they require external funding?

Elon already answered this one during the 2021 AGM. Did you miss it? Here's a link to a transcript:

"we might start scouting for locations next year, but I think we can do a lot with Berlin and Austin, and expanding in China, so – and expanding Fremont...

"So I don’t know, we will probably get to new factory locations, start to investigate them next year. Maybe make a decision in ‘23."​

Top Tesla Q3 2021 earnings call questions from retail & institutional investors

Top Retail Questions​

1. What is the Tesla’s goal for vehicle production capacity for the 4 current factories (Fremont, Shanghai, Austin, and Berlin) by 2024?
  2. Service remains an issue with appointments available weeks, or even months, out. Likewise, Supercharger wait times have become untenable at some locations. What concrete steps is Tesla taking to improve the customer experience in these two key areas?
  3. Is Tesla considering any other ideas (other than FSD) with real world AI that can bring additional software revenue to Tesla? If not, can Tesla consider building interesting games around FSD data?
  4. How has FSD take rate changed since introduction of Monthly Subscription? Are there any plans to increase FSD pricing as wider release becomes imminent?
  5. Can Tesla allow for FSD to be transferred to another vehicle at a fee? (Something less than the 10k)? Early adopters are paying the price if they want to upgrade their vehicle. You lose the value on the trade in and now have to buy in at the now higher cost.

Top Institutional Investor Questions​

1. When should we expect the first vehicles to be delivered with 4680 cells?
  2. Do you still expect to start production of the $25,000 model in 2023? What are the biggest hurdles from now until then?
  3. With FSD Beta training data set to explode exponentially as the software is released to wider and wider audience, are there any early takeaways with regards to how quickly versions can iterate and be pushed out? From bi-weekly to weekly? or even daily?

Good questions honestly.