Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0PZsK7p4JviPM18R8tQodidnoIXU-hBuYkrwWB978k6ft3gSq7HzmEcJv9ITXXF97y3M6TOX_mAg8zJwrfhveqCoGgZkXzR7tEcF0d8i_zhTuGFGxdmibliw3GRudC3MiHec5sMyaIUSgg

Apparently, Giga Austin was impossible to miss for anyone who was visiting the F1 race in Austin this past weekend. A buddy was down there for it. I got him into TSLA a while back but despite knowing how large the factory was, he said he was still floored by how large it looks in person.

Perhaps both Texas and Germany are Mordor in Elon's eyes.

Tesla could make a special 1 day subscription option for FSD for rental cars. It would be an interesting option. If I’m in a weird city, having FSD would be a lot more appealing. Pay $100/ day for the rental and an extra $10-$15/ day for FSD.
I would be happy to see Tesla use this as a marketing opportunity. Essentially, they could provide a free trial subscription to anyone signing up at Tesla.com. After the free trial subscription runs out non-Tesla owner might need to pay, but Tesla owners would get free FSD on rentals as a simple perk for being a valued customer.

This sort of set would maximize the opportunity to draw in new customers to the Tesla family. It would also encourage rental demand at Hertz, which supports a valuable long-term relationship.

Is it is bad to crow about gaining (life changing) wealth because of investing in TSLA? I'm not so sure.

Many of us supported Tesla by buying very expensive cars when it was still uncertain if the company building them would survive to take care of them. Many of us fought FUD on social media. Many of us spread the word about Tesla's products. Many of us sat on an investment that didn't go anywhere for years. Many of us endured steep price drops that were totally avoidable. Many of us kept buying shares when no one else wanted them.

This way we contributed in a major way to keeping this company alive. So yes, I think we are allowed to pat ourselves on the back and enjoy the financial rewards we received. We owe our wealth to Elon, but also to our own actions.

Nominated for "Moderators' Choice: Posts of Particular Merit".

At least give yourself a heart-felt slap on the back, from all of us.

CH33RS!

I can't keep up this morning, so sorry if this has already been posted:

Twenty days ago Mark Fields (CEO of Ford Motor Co. 2014-17) gets announced as interim CEO of Hertz. Today Hertz announces an order for 100K Teslas for their fleet and they already have released 2 commercials regarding the fact they're going electric that prominently feature Teslas (oh yeah, and a football celebrity).

A former CEO of Ford putting in an order (or at least, not cancelling an already in the works order) for 100K Teslas. Yikes! That's got to be a slap in the face of the established OEMS!
We've got to have an ad with Brady throwing a pass to Elon!

Elon could jump for the catch, while an Iron Man suit activates to enclose him. Elon blasts of to the moon for the TD. Awkward victory dance.

Last edited:
Just sold a few shares. Forgot I had a "placeholder" GTC sell order sitting at $998.50 just in case of a squeeze. At least I nailed the recent high. Lol

Now where to buy back in? 985? Do I dream big and go for $980?
Me too. Had a GTC order trigger this AM on 1100 Mar 2022 calls that I picked up six months ago for an 125% profit. Not enough given today's news. Wish I had checked them GTC orders... Eh, can't go broke taking.....

Hertz is already sending emails featuring Tom Brady and Model 3's to their Gold Plus Rewards members. They also posted new 30 and 60 second ad spots featuring him and the Model 3!

View attachment 725497

Even my son (and 88 y/o mom) are now a "Teslanaires" as of today. :cool: I bought his first 100 shares in 2012 when he was 16:

06/13/2012500$972.38$6.02$486,190.00$3,008.95+16,058.13%Long Term

I also received FSD beta over the weekend.
Another win for Tesla; getting others to advertise for them.

As I memed, I'm taking delivery of M3P this week.
Ordered end of July with months out for delivery.
Oct 14 - got vin, schedule delivery but had to release because of trade-in title, loan in the air.
Oct 21 - got another vin, schedule delivery. Again had to release because of above
Oct 24 - got another vin, title, loan in place. Scheduled delivery for this week.

Los Angeles area. Lots of 3P? I maybe got put in back in line but are they fastracking me because of 3P? That quick?
As for trade-in (2018 3 LR Dual), Tesla's quote went down and CarMax went up. Selling to CarMax now.

How will Supercharging be paid for? Does Hertz pay and then bill the customer? Does the customer have to put their credit card in the app? Pay via the screen?
IMO, small potatoes.

Hertz should just charge a flat daily rate for the car and the price includes any supercharger energy.

Make the flat daily rate the same as the current big ICE SUV rate is.

Actual cost to run the Tesla product with energy included will still be much smaller than the current ICE SUV costs WITHOUT the cost of gasoline.